Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool post, Mega. Thanx.

And, no, I didn't know. Until now.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Mega, that's a great post. I love the story about Fleming and Churchill.

One possible "fact" in your later post may be outdated -- the one about domestication. It is remarkable that basically all the domestic animals we use were basically domesticated at the dawn of civilization.

But I believe that Russian scientists studying evolution and how domestic animals became domesticated did an experiment with wild minks, selecting them for tameness over several generations.

Their conclusion was that domestication can be a remarkably fast process, because they produced tame minks within just a few years and relatively few mink generations.

Capuchin monkeys, which are used to help disabled people, are also only recently domesticated, and Ferrets as pets are also recently domesticated.

I think that "fact" refers to the fact that no animal of commercial importance or usefulness has been domesticated in the last 4000 years.

Junior Poster

Brilliant post Megabody, i enjoyed reading that.

Junior Poster

Very good interesting posts. I have read them before via email. But interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MegabodyNYC
    The last one will blow you away.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !
    Having a minor in history, I do find the history of Iraq intriguing. I would think Saddam, Osama as well as most muslims are well aware of that passage. My time in Afghanistan I had a chance to speak in depth with one of our Jordainan guides, about religion and views of the muslim people. There are several passages that speak of peace. In this particular passage they feel strongly that the eagle represents the US, the question is what does the word "cleansed" really imply?
    They don't believe it refers to the destruction of the lands of Allah. Can it be the overturn of corrupt leaders, or can it mean a unification of the lands and truce with the US and Isreal?
    If you are religious or not. It is interesting to understand how people use the bible to justify actions and events. This hold true for each religion. Here in America, Mr Pat Robertson always has an interesting twist on events and the biblical ramification.
    Religious passages and the US Constitution interpretations will forever be debated and twisted in favor of one's own agenda.

Platinum Poster

did you know that boys have a penis, and girls have vaginas?

Platinum Poster

...but not always...

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    ...but not always...
    mmm...I didn't know it...are u sure?

Sorry to pee on your parade.

Regarding Sir Alexander Fleming: >> False <<

Regarding the Koran: >> False <<

In addition, there are approximately one million "Did You Know?" lists floating around the interweb. Most often these lists contain about 25% true facts, with the rest being incorrect or deceptive.

Junior Poster

You beat me to the punch. Although the stories are nice, they are bullshit and I am surprised others were taken by them.

My tidbit: Did you know that Megabody finally found the Caps Lock key?

Junior Poster

Ah well, it was an interesting read.