Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Amazing. Talk about blind loyalty to the President, whoever he may be.

Completely negate the military service of two others, in fact even make it seem as though their military service was a sham, in order to follow and even glorify a couple of draft-dodging scions of the military indsutrial complex.

Sheep. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    George Bush was the successful general manager of the Texas Rangers and took them to first place, before he resigned to run for Governor of Texas.
    Bush was allowed to buy 1.8% of the team for $600,000 of borrowed money, and was even made one of the two general managers.

Under Junior's management, the deal was about to fall apart until baseball commissioner Peter Uebberoth brought in another investment group which included Dallas investor "Rusty" Rose who became the other general manager of the team. Under the team partnership agreement, Bush Junior couldn't take any "material actions" wihtout Rose's prior approval. There was also a method for removing Junior as a general partner, but no way to remove Rose.

Rose described Bush's role this way:
    "George was the front man. George was the guy that you met when you wanted to be introduced to Ranger baseball. He was the spokesperson. He dealt with the media, he dealt with the fans, and it was obvious to us right from the start that that's what he was made for... George chose to sit right next to the dugout, with the fans, every day... I mean, it's 100 degrees down there. He's there from before the game, half an hour before the game, didn't leave his seat except to go to the bathroom, cheering for the ball club, signing autographs, listening to hecklers, accepting well-wishes from season-ticket customers"

Unlike some major-league baseball owners, Bush avoided day-to-day operations. He stayed out of personnel and staffing issues. He didn't make strategy. He didn't handle player trades. All of that stuff was left to other people. He attended the games, arranged for promotional events, even had baseball cards printed up with his own face on them.

Bush also resigned as general manager in 1994 and the Ranger's didn't win the league until 1996. Most of their success after Bush became an owner was because that was the same year they acquired Nolan Ryan.

Doing little, and taking credit for the accomplishments of others. Par for the course

FK

Junior Poster

However we all may feel about how and why we are over there. We may not all agree with the political powers that got us there. BUt do remember that the Soldiers, themselves, are there with good intentions, and hoping to complete their commitment to the military and return to their families safe.
    As an Gulf Veteran this is touching.

http://www.clermontyellow.accountsup.../UntilThen.swf

Veteran Poster

Amen, Boater. Thanks !!!!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by scipio
    Amazing. Talk about blind loyalty to the President, whoever he may be.

Completely negate the military service of two others, in fact even make it seem as though their military service was a sham, in order to follow and even glorify a couple of draft-dodging scions of the military indsutrial complex.

Sheep. Meh.
    It's amazing isn't it. Sheep they are. Not only did he nullify and diminish their service to their country, but completely sidestepped the fact that a candidate's service record is, right or wrong, like it or not, an issue brought to the fore by the media, and -- AND -- completely overlooked Dubya's awol status when his time came to serve his country. This is the way these narrowminded Rightwing basket cases generally operate: Ignore your own party's fuck-ups and shortcomings while piling it on the other side.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER
    However we all may feel about how and why we are over there. We may not all agree with the political powers that got us there. BUt do remember that the Soldiers, themselves, are there with good intentions, and hoping to complete their commitment to the military and return to their families safe.
    As an Gulf Veteran this is touching.

http://www.clermontyellow.accountsup.../UntilThen.swf
    Boater,

Care to name one -- ONE -- poster on this site that is against the troops themselves and doesn't recognize what they're up against ? Not policies that put them there, but the troops themselves. Name one please.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    Quote Originally Posted by mds
    One day that oil will be gone, I say get the scientists working on a substance like oil, so we can stick up the middle finger to the camel jockeys and make all the oily-stuff we need cheaply!
    Not profitable enough for the Texas mafia. And whatever you want to refer to those people as, they're all either current or ex-business associates of this administration. That includes Osama.
    God you people are fucking whack. Osama is not personally a former business associate of the current administration. Even Michael Moore would have a hard time pressing that one. I love how people go see Farenheit 911 and decide they know everything about politics.

Gold Poster

Listing to the Right today, Vicki ? I think what she was alluding to was the fact that Osama Bin Laden was armed, trained, and funded by the CIA, thus in the hip pocket of the United States at one time. I personally don't require a Michael Moore production to criticize the moron in office right now.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Listing to the Right today, Vicki ? I think what she was alluding to was the fact that Osama Bin Laden was armed, trained, and funded by the CIA, thus in the hip pocket of the United States at one time. I personally don't require a Michael Moore production to criticize the moron in office right now.
    Well, the current administration had nothing to do with giving him any of those things. You are drawing a link to the US government in general (at best his father's administration) and pointing it at someone who had nothing to do with it in any capacity.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Well, the current administration had nothing to do with giving him any of those things. You are drawing a link to the US government in general (at best his father's administration) and pointing it at someone who had nothing to do with it in any capacity.
    Actually i am not so sure about that Vicki. Rumsey and Cheney were Quite active in the Reagan Admin when we were arming people like the Taliban and Osama to fight the Russians.

Going out to everyone on this No war is a good war, and that goes double when your enemy is an Idealogy. How do you defeat that? To all the neocons out there the only terrorists out there are Muslim extremist, but are they correct? Never forget that the Federal building in OK. was did in by Americans. The Idealogy we are at war with if far larger than the bushites would let you believe.

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.