Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transit Strike

I was born and raised in L.A....and never got the hype about NYC til I actually visited there.

what I like about NY:

Manhattan has a "vibe" a life of its own,an energy that cannot be denied.The closeness of everything breeds familiarity and forces people to co-exist and interact with each other.NYC is dog friendly...NYC has the best Italian food in America..NYC has a Korean grocer on every block...NY has girls still wear long acrylic nails(haha)The clubs..I like the people too...honest to a fault..i dig it.

What I dont like about NY: The weather...The Knicks...the prices of good housing

What I like about L.A...The mexican food is the best in the world(better than Mexico!)The Lakers.

What I dislike about L.A. everything not mentioned above.....LA sucks!

DJ Asia

okay, what part of cali/Az are you from exactly because if you are compareing your whole state to just one city, thats crazy.

Bigger Houses=that might be true
    better nightlife=questionable
    Bigger Malls=don't think so
    More advance theaters=don't think so
    traffic here in nyc=sucks
    Weather=that depends on what you like

But like quinn said, it's all about your taste. Some people love and and some hate it, but you can't deny there's no place like nyc, no place.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia

What I don’t like about NY: The weather...
    When it comes to winters, I have to agree with this one. There are some days when mid-town feels like Northern Canada. The wind blowing between the buildings makes you feel like you're in a wind tunnel.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

I have no desire to visit New York City, but I would love to visit other parts of the state. Comparing NYC and it myriads of pros/cons to some unnamed city in the west is unfair. Most of the probelms about living in NYC accompany every large city in America. But the people that live there would choose it over almost anything else. Just as the people in Cleveland,OH , Pittsburgh, PA, and even Vicksburg, MS would probably choose their hometown.

So Vicki, name your city adn let us see if we "get it". We promise not to come there looking to stalk you.

Junior Poster

First the strike sucks. Just got home did a 6 hur work day.Trafic was horrable.

Now Vicki's other question. I have live on both coast and will definitley agree the weather sucks.
    And I will retire in San Diego. But I love NYC, all the same.
    DJ Asia said it well, it is just has a special feel. The city is full of activity. You can find so much just in a 20 block radius of where you live. Clubs, bars, resturants of every flavor, retail stores, movies, transportation, massage parlors. You can really experience something new each day.

I hat the expense. But we pay to have all the convienances. Let hiope this strike is over ina few days.

What I love about most other cities out west is the weather. And most times the little things that remind me of NYC.

Platinum Poster

These jabs at New York aren't directed at New York...it's pretty obvious that this is another passive-aggressive attack on the same person that vicki always attacks...

hmmmm only tourists would be dumb enough to goto times square on new years.....once u really learn the city then maybe u can comment on that, lol...ive been to LA plenty of times ....can u say gridlock....the major difference between la and new york is that , in nyc the rich and poor mingle together . where in la , all the rich live up on the hill with houses on stilts away from everyone else....but i also agree with the other poster about it being more of a personal attack , lol.....not really saying one place is better than the other...they are just different...

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Oh, "transit" strike...I misread that at first, thought you were referring to some other kind of "trans" strike....

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Oh, "transit" strike...I misread that at first, thought you were referring to some other kind of "trans" strike....
    Unless you're talking about striking it rich with their company.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    These jabs at New York aren't directed at New York...it's pretty obvious that this is another passive-aggressive attack on the same person that vicki always attacks...
    Not at all. Allanah isn't NYC. She just lives there like any of you. Silly.

I could say I hate green cars and you'd accuse me of a passive aggressive attack against her. Totally unrelated.