Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

IMO, if the TWU strikes, two things should happen:

a) The union should be fined into the ground;

b) All strikers should be fired, period.

Eight Percent a year for the next three years. Are you fucking kidding me?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Unfortunately homeboyz...this is America. You don't get fired for going on strike. Let me make something clear. I'M MANAGEMENT. I haven't been in the union since 1995. A BILLION DOLLARS FOLKS!!! A BILLION DOLLARS!!! JWBL...where is that f*cking Pataki??? Some Governor we have. He's not even in the state! And Quinn, don't hate...participate. No, they're not kidding!!! You wish you could get 8% doncha??? And the thing is....it ain't coming out your pocket. STOP HATING! They already have the money! Some og y'all sound like a the bunch who hate A-Rod for his contract yet you'd sign it in a minute if it was you. Now you know you can't trust management . Like it was said earlier. Last contract they said they didn't have any loot. Right after the contract....Lookeee here...CASH MONEY!!! Where'd that come from? Wake up and smell. The union ain't the only krooks...so are those bastards in the blue suits and the burgundy ties. What ever happened to "Power to the People"? I never thought Id see a bunch of regular hardworking joes siding with the MAN? WTF!!!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default ............................

Quote Originally Posted by romeodred
    JWBL...where is that f*cking Pataki??? Some Governor we have. He's not even in the state!
    He's in NYC right now actually

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Unfortunately homeboyz...this is America. You don't get fired for going on strike. Let me make something clear. I'M MANAGEMENT. I haven't been in the union since 1995. A BILLION DOLLARS FOLKS!!! A BILLION DOLLARS!!! JWBL...where is that f*cking Pataki??? Some Governor we have. He's not even in the state! And Quinn, don't hate...participate. No, they're not kidding!!! You wish you could get 8% doncha??? And the thing is....it ain't coming out your pocket. STOP HATING! They already have the money! Some og y'all sound like a the bunch who hate A-Rod for his contract yet you'd sign it in a minute if it was you. Now you know you can't trust management . Like it was said earlier. Last contract they said they didn't have any loot. Right after the contract....Lookeee here...CASH MONEY!!! Where'd that come from? Wake up and smell. The union ain't the only krooks...so are those bastards in the blue suits and the burgundy ties. What ever happened to "Power to the People"? I never thought Id see a bunch of regular hardworking joes siding with the MAN? WTF!!!
    To answer your question, I run a successful investment company and own a shit load of real estate, so an 8% increase in my earnings wouldn’t make a bit of difference to me. That said, this isn’t about you and I; it’s about the city. Your point concerning the MTA misrepresenting its financial status is dead on – and no one has disputed that. However, this isn’t about the MTA. It is about the union threatening a strike – which you and I would probably both agree won’t even happen – because they want an 8% increase annually for the next three years. That’s roughly twice the rate of inflation and is completely unwarranted by any measure of common sense or performance. Anything north of 4% is too much.

One more thing: If you believe they can’t be fired for striking, you are wrong.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

So what are you saying??? You're only beef is the threat of a strike? Oh, it's 8% you have a problem with. Well if 8% is twice the rate of inflation and you're saying anything over 4% is too much....you're saying NO RAISE! I say that's unwarranted. Raises are suppose to be just that...a raise. Again...a BILLION DOLLARS. You seem to gloss over that. Well, unfortunately we aren't all are rich like you and 8% would make a dent in most peoples income. I am happy for you that 8% means nothing in your world... Funny how you have a problem with someone else getting something that is meanlingless to you...But I see you're management. Well as you know when negotiating you ask for the sun and settle for the earth. You know and I know 8% is out the question. Again, A BILLION DOLLARS. Every other city agency who had their contract up recently got their money...no it wasn't 8% but is wasn't 4% either.

Rookie Poster

What other leverage does the Union have but the threat of a strike? Would MTA care? Would the Mayor care? Would the City care? Would you care? No... You made it clear you have a problem with the union. The MTA has the money...more than enough...but it's the union, in your opinion, that's jamming the city. Not the MTA. Not the MTA. They can give millions of dollars away with these fare incentives for the holidays without consulting anyone, and I believe some higher ups have a problem with that also. But it's the union, who without the threat of a strike would have absolutely no clout, that are the bad guys... You honestly think the MTA cares if the union strikes? They won't be the bad guys if there is a strike. They could have 50 billion dollars and the union would still be the bad guys. I am happy to say that a lot of interviews have the people saying the MTA should come up off that cash.

Regarding my financial status, you asked a question, and I answered it. The fact is that I was once very poor and nearly killed myself (literally) getting to where I am, so don’t expect me to feel guilty about it.

As far as the MTA is concerned, you seem to be of the opinion that I am giving them a free pass. I’m not. They are a bunch of lying scumbags, period. However, your writings convey the opinion that everything is exclusively the fault of the MTA. I disagree. Take a look at the TWU. Look at the poor performance of its members. Look at the pervasive corruption and incompetence. Defend the TWU’s criminal behavior all you want, but, frankly speaking, 4% is as much as they deserve. The TWU – and Local 100 in particular – is an embarrassment to unions everywhere.

-Quinn

Rookie Poster

Criminal behavior??? LOL! You're funny! The pervasive corruption and incompetence? By who? The rank and file? LOL! News flash... nobody is perfect. No organization is perfect. This is the real world my man. Get off you throne and see the world as it is. There is corruption and incompetence is all levels of organizations, businesses, unions, politics, clubs, families, whatever... At least you say the MTA a bunch of lying scumbags. Saying that meaqns you're not giving them a free pass? Yes it does cuz that's all you're saying. But you still didn't answer my question. If there was no threat of a strike, would you give a sh*t? Would anyone? And the 4%? Well that's your humble opinion. I disagree. I may be wrong. If I am it's not the first time and it won't be the last. AND EVERYTHING IS THE FAULT OF THE MTA. Productivity is up, ridership is up, service is better (of course it's not perfect), and they got a BILLION dollar surplus! How would you treat your employee's if your busness did the same? Give them a cost of living increase (which is not a raise by the way). Oh, you'd pinpoint isolated incidents and cry incompetence and corruption. Ypu'd say I should have a TWO BILLION dollar surplus if you jerk-offs weren't such criminals. This is getting us no where my brother. Much respect to you, your family and your accomplishments. I wish you the best personally and for your family this holiday season and beyond. Hopefully we can meet one day and share a drink. God Bless!

This is getting us no where my brother. Much respect to you, your family and your accomplishments. I wish you the best personally and for your family this holiday season and beyond. Hopefully we can meet one day and share a drink. God Bless!
    You're right, this isn't getting us anywhere. With regard to this specific topic, we'll just have to agree to respectfully disagree. Your holiday wishes are genuinely appreciated. I, too, wish good fortune for you and your loved ones in the coming year. Stay strong.

-Quinn

Veteran Poster

I was a union member (I.A.T. S. E.) when S.A.G. (Screen Actors Guild) called a strike. You know what happened? All the production went to Canada. The SAG members had the best benefits, insurance, pay scale, etc., of any union in America. A couple of hot-head union leaders screwed up a good thing, and this country has NEVER recovered from that loss to the film industry. There is no democracy in a union. The rank and file have no vote.