Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: MTA Strike.................................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    If there is a transit strike no one driving a car is allowed fewer than 4 people in the car............

for those of you that have no idea about the NY MTA let me put it like this.....
    technically they aren't allowed to strike
    regardless of that since they are planning on striking they will basically shut DOWN NYC during it's busiest time of the year...............

many of them make well over six figures annually with overtime

personally I'm wondering if many of these assholes have forgotten that the city is still hustling to recover financially from 9/11

technically speaking,the workers are considered humans too,not that you would know that by interacting with any of them...

Default Re: ............................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    oh and Bearded, my apologies for forgetting Boston, Yankees fan, I blank Boston out alot
    No prob. I do my best to forget Boston a lot myself (And it has nothing to do with baseball).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Rookie Poster

Again...No one is looking for sympathy from the riders of New York. They are looking for a fair wage compared to everyone else in the transportation industry. No, not everyone has subways but there are buses. But there are other transportation industries like LIRR, AMTrak, Bay Area Rapid Transit, MART, SEPTA, DART... and Chicago and LA are paying more FYI ...even worldwide. And no one has the sheer volume NYCT has. NO ONE comes close. Again people talk about how they're treated by civil servants. I don't condone it all. I can't condone a-hole civil servants and I can't condone a-hole NYers. But believe you me, there are more a-hole NYers than there are civil servants. People are people and then there are NYers. How we think, what we expect, what we won't tolerate. How many of you get spit on at your job? How many of you get punched in your face by some delinquent on your job? How about facing that possibility every stop on a subway for 8+ hours? How many of you get berated by someone already late when they left the house. And no, no one signed on for that when they took the job. Now some say be happy you have a job. You get paid...do your job. Well this is ther real world and there is a contract expiring. That's the way it is. Now if your contract was expiring what would you do? Would you want a raise? The union didn't time this contract to expire during the holidays. Eveybody else got a raise in the city. The teachers, NYPD, FDNY etc. And dred has a grip, everyone don't work in the corner store. I guess you gonna buy that Xmas present at the corner store too. LOL! JWBL, local 100 is a weak union...no way there's going to be a strike. Even if it was a strong union they wouldn't do it on the holidays. Despite popular belief, the workers have hearts and they are NYers too.

I hear ya JWBL...forever my homie!!!!

Rookie Poster

BTW..I don't have to have four people in my car...LOL!!!

Rookie Poster

Seriously...when they strike tomorrow...if anyone needs a ride...I'm available, you'll get the HA discount. I'm not going to Queens, sorry... LOL

The thing I don’t get is why they are calling for a restriction on cars with less than 4 passengers from going below 96th street starting at 5AM and ending at 11AM? There's little traffic in Manhattan until 6:30/7:00AM, and it sure as hell doesn't last until 11AM.

One thing is for sure, if there is a strike, I'm going to have to listen to my wife bitch to no end because she works in mid-town. Now, my wife very rarely complains about much of anything, but on the rare occasions she does – it just doesn't fucking stop. There better not be a strike.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

romeo:
    one of the MTA demands is that new hires contribute 2% toward health care insurance. I don't think that's too unreasonable. It doesn't affect current workers , who will continue to enjoy fully paid for benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    The thing I don’t get is why they are calling for a restriction on cars with less than 4 passengers from going below 96th street starting at 5AM and ending at 11AM? There's little traffic in Manhattan until 6:30/7:00AM, and it sure as hell doesn't last until 11AM.
    Take that formula and subtract the three subway divisions, LIRR, possible sympathy slowdowns by Metro North, CDOT, PATH and all related surface lines and then add all the automobiles, jitneys, bicycles, pedestrians, limos, etc. that such a stoppage/slowdown would produce.

Trust me, there can be a =lot= of traffic there during the odd hours.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

A couple of thoughts on the Transit situation.

First of all, if you have been riding the trains for decades, you have to realize that they have made heroic improvements in service, and the employees have played a major role in those improvements.

As for the money, it's pathetic that Bloomberg can scheme to rip off the MTA for $300 million dollars worth of Manhattan real estate to give away as FREE MONEY to his friends for a stadium, then have the fucking nerve to turn around and try to rip off another $100 million from the MTA's Brooklyn real estate to give to another bunch of greedy billionaire friends for the Ratner organization and no one blinks an eye. Yeah, they have an extra $400 billion for corporate welfare for the two or so richest bastards in the city.

But when the MTA workers want a raise similar to what cops and teachers have gotten, everyone pretends the poor MTA has no money, and the transit workers are greedy.

Steal big -- your ok. Steal little --your screwed ...not BTW that I am saying the workers would be stealing to get a raise, just stating a fact of life.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default ............................

Quote Originally Posted by romeodred
    BTW..I don't have to have four people in my car...LOL!!!
    yes you Do nukka, I'm gonna make sure I find 3 old cronies to sit in your whip, just for strike spite, muhfucka........................LOL

and fuck you I aint doin my Xmas shopping in a bodega, except for Vicki's present, gonna buy her punk ass an afro pick

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ