Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster

1)It wasn't corny because of the beat
    2) Luke and 2 live crew were cornier than Nebraska
    3) It was ok to be fun, back then. No one was saying "you don't have a criminal record so you can't release a record" yet. Records were entertaining back then----you couldn't release the rappin' duke nowadays!!

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    Well since you asked, BPM just played some a couple of weeks ago. But DJ Magic Mike was mostly that Sub-woofer driving pointless bullshit that kids played at car audio shows. It was the musical equivalent of white noise! But booty bass--- 95 south,69 boys, Afro-Rican etc. was huge. And probably still would be if Hammer hadn't made black people rebel against up tempo music.
    BTW, dance/club music in general doesn't have any staying power, that doesn't make it terrible.
    And that funky y2c mix is reminiscent of huge club standards from Egyptian lover, Afrika Bambata, Soul sonic force, Newcleus, Hashim, etc. which was misclassified as "freestyle". Same type beats (electro-hip-hop) but I guess they all sucked too.
    Yes some of their stuff sucked too.Look IMO "Booty Bass" sucked and just because 2 types of music share roots doesn't mean you can lump them together many types artist are influenced by early hip hop and dont even play it, look at kid rock. Planet Rock and Jam on it may have been up tempo but don't ever compare them to Tootsie roll and Dazzey Duks. Being classified electro and created on similar equipment alone dosen't make two beats the same. Would you say that about all genres of music? BTW I didn't say it sucked because it didn't have staying power. Im saying in addition to sucking it also has no staying power. Doo Doo Brown and time for the percolator both suck and will be around for fucking ever.

Junior Poster

This used to be the jam at the skate rink in New Iberia when I was a kid!! This and donkey butt lol

Professional Poster

All I can say is you musta never been to a strip club in the dirty back in the day or a Daisy Duke contest for that matter! Damn, what's not to like about a whole genre of music about girls shakin' t & a?

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

2 Live Crew

POP THAT PUSSY! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    Damn, what's not to like about a whole genre of music about girls shakin' t & a?
    Ummm. The shitty music part?

Shakin' T&A is fine, admirable even. Let's just do it to a listenable soundtrack.

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.