Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Queries for the Intellectuals on the board:

Here are some interesting queries for all of you smart people (taken from a site online):

1. Why are we so much more prone to emotional outbursts when we are tired?

2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!

3. Why do red blood cells turn skinny and blue when they run out of oxygen?

4. Is it true that the nose is the only part of the human body that continues to grow throughout our lives? If so, why and by how much?

5. Why do we get stiffer as we get older and what can we do about it?

6. How much weight do I lose overnight through breathing?

7. Can you get sea sick in a submarine?

8. What sighted people 'see' in dreams comes from their visual experience, so what is the dream imagery of those blind from birth?

9. What is a nervous breakdown and how would I know if I was having one?

10. In a number of cultures around the world, menstruating women were or are restricted from taking part in some (or, in some cases, most) social activities (to do with, for example, food preparation, interpersonal contact, special events). Given that the cycles of many women, if not altered by medication, have a tendency to synchronize when they live closely together, don't you end up with a community where most women are out of the picture all at the same time?

11. Why do children usually seem to be less bothered about the weather than adults?

12. Why are farts usually smelly or loud but not both at the same time?

13. Is it possible for someone to faint whilst asleep?

14. What is an itch and why does scratching make it disappear?

15. If I drop something, or if I try and catch something that falls out of my hands, my chin gives a tiny wobble or spasm. I've noticed this immediate physical reaction on others when they are clumsy too, although it's so quick that they often don't notice that it has happened. Anyone else experienced this? What is it?

16. I have a one week old daughter and a one year old dog (a beagle). At what age will my daughter overtake my dog in terms of intelligence?

17. On a recent radio program, the presenter said that the Royal Navy do not allow women to serve on submarines because of health reasons. What might these be?

18. Sometimes an English novel describes a woman as "horsey-looking". Does this mean that she looks like someone who would often ride or hunt, or does it mean she literally looks like a horse? If the latter, who would be an example?

19. Why are a majority of people right-handed?

20. Does a glass of red wine count towards my "five-a-day"?

__________________________________________________ _____________

I'll reveal the source later as some of the questions already have answers.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Queries for the Intellectuals on the board:

[quote="Hara_Juku Tgirl"]2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!/quote]

I never took notice to this before. Tomorrow morning when I brush my teeth I'm going to pay extra close attention to my tongue.

Can't help you out with any of the questions. Guess I'm stoopid.

[quote="Dirky"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!/quote]

I never took notice to this before. Tomorrow morning when I brush my teeth I'm going to pay extra close attention to my tongue.

Can't help you out with any of the questions. Guess I'm stoopid.
    dude its a biased statement-some people move their tonguew/ brush some dont-Some move their tongue opposite of brush to get in the back-Like I said totally biased.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Veteran Poster

I was also always under the impression that people gained weight during sleeping, not lost it.

(question 6)

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    18. Sometimes an English novel describes a woman as "horsey-looking". Does this mean that she looks like someone who would often ride or hunt, or does it mean she literally looks like a horse? If the latter, who would be an example?

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Rookie Poster

Hara.....re # 6, 61 cals/hr at 150lbs...... Not sure of your weight, since I have not yet had the pleasure!! That's for regular breathing..should you be breathing heavily for any good reason, that number gets adjusted up...considerably...lol

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

^ lol

muhmuh that was hilarious!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Veteran Poster

Off the top of my head:

1. Why are we so much more prone to emotional outbursts when we are tired?
    Why does any machine stop functioning properly when it's running short on fuel? Animals MUST sleep to regenerate.

2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!
    The tongue is a sensory organ, so my guess is that it's helping you guide the brush. Not sure why the questioner takes a great deal of concentration to control it though, but maybe he has A.D.H.D.?

3. Why do red blood cells turn skinny and blue when they run out of oxygen?
    R.B.C.s' contain hemoglobin which contains iron. When they have oxygen they turn red. Iron oxide (rust) is red.

5. Why do we get stiffer as we get older and what can we do about it?
    The body is mainly water. The number of cells you have, and their condition in general, decreases with age making them less able to store water. This is why older people are prone to dehydration. Long-distance runners have to keep drinking water to keep going. Dehydration in general causes loss of suppleness, rigidity, fatigue, and lack of concentration. Autoimmunity also causes inflammation, stiffness, and pain. Eating a healthy and balanced diet throughout your life will help reduce inflammation as you age.

7. Can you get sea sick in a submarine?
    Sure you can if it's on the surface. Balance is controlled by hair cells in your inner ear. These move about the more you move about.

9. What is a nervous breakdown and how would I know if I was having one?
    A nervous breakdown is the sudden onset or worsening of a depressive illness which severely restricts the person's ability to function normally.

11. Why do children usually seem to be less bothered about the weather than adults?
    Depends what you mean by less bothered? Kids are known to become hyperactive when it's windy outside.

15. If I drop something, or if I try and catch something that falls out of my hands, my chin gives a tiny wobble or spasm. I've noticed this immediate physical reaction on others when they are clumsy too, although it's so quick that they often don't notice that it has happened. Anyone else experienced this? What is it?
    Maybe he has a big, fat chin?

17. On a recent radio program, the presenter said that the Royal Navy do not allow women to serve on submarines because of health reasons. What might these be?
    I suspect it may have more to do with the big lack of space on a submarine than anything else, unless unisex sleeping areas are common in the armed forces? Even less free room would mean more stress in general for submariners.

19. Why are a majority of people right-handed?
    Handedness has to do with which hemisphere of the brain is dominant. The left side is dominant in right handers, and vice versa in left handers. The left side is dominant in the majority for evolutionary reasons I've forgotten about.

you didn't answer 14
    why is scratching an itch so enjoyable?
    it almost makes getting mosquito bites not such a bad thing

Ears also continue to grow as we age.