Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream
    ...I just want you to realize this has nothing to do with his race.
    The way you get rid of this, is aknowledge it as the police having and abusing too much power over the citizens of the United States of America. ...
    If only more people could come to that conclusion!

Instead, we get people who joke about police abuses ("don't taze me, bro") or people who take the cop's side no matter how blatantly wrong they were (anyone recall how many people defended the cops involved with the B.A.R.T. EXECUTION?), and anyone who is smart enough to go "you know, this shit is wrong" is treated like a schizophrenic NWO conspiracy theorist.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Getting your foot trampled at the club isn't a threat to everyone's liberty. Allowing police officers to behave capriciously threatens everyone's liberty. Your analogy doesn't hold.
    Of course it holds. Two people did something wrong but they were both insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It's all about perception. You perceive that the cop is treating you a certain way because of your skin color, so you get defensive. What if he's actually NOT? Getting arrested for disorderly conduct did not help anything anymore than fighting at the club would have. Just makes the enemy angrier. It's like a little gnat. Little insignificant events are just annoying!
    This is not a stage to be rallying the civil rights troops on. It's trivial.
    If the prof had been arrested for b & e, that would be a fight worth taking up. But a clash of TWO egos? Fighting that is poor judgment and is not a fight for anyones liberty, but your own personal pride.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    I think, if I understand you correctly, that you and I agree, El Nino. 1. The charges were trumped up. 2. Because of Professor Gates' prominence, the police department had to admit what they knew, that the professor was unjustly charged. 3. Had Gates not been so prominent, the charges would not have been dropped.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Rookie Poster

Good thing Obama (whom I voted for) won the election. Otherwise that solitary complainer guy would immediately start a thread entitled "Obama loses election because he is black"

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Isn't that a bit much, the guy doesn't deserve to lose his job he just arrested someone who was being loud and disruptive,you can't talk to cops any kind of way and expect nothing to happen just because this guy was a high class professor doesn't mean he deserved any kind of special treatment.Really if me or anyone on this forum would to get loud and disruptive with a cop we probably would get arrested,you have to be smart about these things.If you're stupid enough to get loud and belligerent with a cop you deserve to be arrestred no matter who you are.
    Racism is still going strong. Like for example the other day your mom told me to pull out my big black cock. Why did she have to say "black"? Why couldnt she just say cock? I never felt so disgusted in my life. I still let her suck my cock but I sure wasnt happy.
    ha ha. Too funny.
    Racism is flourishing, but it isn't racism everytime something unfortunate happens to a black person. Credibility is lost everytime we cry racism at the drop of a hat. As our president said (paraphrasing): "Far too many times blacks and Latinos still get detained for no reason, and this casts a shadow on the times when there IS just cause". The fact is we all need to work on our people skills.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Junior Poster

Police with too much power ? They were called to protect this man's home . This is not a random search . Yes the officer on the scene fucked up yet it's the professor that really showed himself as a total racist . I hope Harvard is proud of their esteemed professor .

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JelenaCD
    Police with too much power ? They were called to protect this man's home . This is not a random search . Yes the officer on the scene fucked up yet it's the professor that really showed himself as a total racist . I hope Harvard is proud of their esteemed professor .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file007_108.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	257812  

Veteran Poster

That about sums up the truth. Thank God someone else sees it!

Though I dont think the cops fucked up anything.

Veteran Poster

dude was arrested because he was another brian gumbel sellout type brutha.

Gold Poster

Default that professor is half white and married to a white women

that professor is half white and married to a white women

so what you talking about him being a racist?