Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Good point about the colleges, quite true. We always remember the Greeks in this regard (and they did contribute a lot), but forget the Celts.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I just think it's pathetic that a discussion and argument should come up like this over the name I chose to use, not as my internet name but as a pen name, like 10 yrs ago.
    I think with a 50% Scottish background the the other site Irish, English and er, German that I've enough Celtic in me to call myself Rob Roy if I wanted to.
    The word seanchai simply means "storyteller" and as my Grandmothers clan were a Sept to MacDonalds/MacDhomhnuill (funnily enough, from Norway themselves!) they were the storytellers to the clan.

This idiot obviously has more of an issue than most people and has shown his racism and hate - definately insinuating/threatening that if I'm not careful I could be killed !?!

YourDaddy - oh dear, are you still around? Seems like you're only issue is me - and no matter what nationality I am, you'd find something to have a go at, it's great that I didn't have to show your ignorance up on this board others done it for me. Go cry elsewhere or post some other self-serving, attention getting post you love so much, are you sure you don't crossdress, you have some tgirl tendancies?
    seanchai

Platinum Poster

Seanchai, I hope all this ruckus didn't start because that guy read that I called you a limey....

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Probably - it's your fault Chefmike and you couldn't come up with anything better than that, maybe mix a little lime with a yorkshire pudding and some black pudding, pah what sort of Chef are you.

I think the guy would have an issue regardless, in his 4th post he's attacking me and calling some of the girls ugly - I think there is more going on there, or he needs to go to confession or something...
    seanchai

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Probably - it's your fault Chefmike and you couldn't come up with anything better than that, maybe mix a little lime with a yorkshire pudding and some black pudding, pah what sort of Chef are you.

I think the guy would have an issue regardless, in his 4th post he's attacking me and calling some of the girls ugly - I think there is more going on there, or he needs to go to confession or something...
    seanchai
    I guess we better close this discussion. I said what i had to say without any yelling, f-words or other words and terms of abuse.
    Obviously our beloved storyteller can't talk to me or anyone else who doesn't agree with him without abusing the person.
    That is sad but not his fault. His parent should have told him to be polite to other people. They failed.

So I called some of my Paddy friends this morning and read out Baran's responses - they were bemused by it all (hey Baran does an Irishman having British friends make him a traitor in your eyes?) and came up with the conclusion that I can't believe I didn't make before.
    This much incense, anger and ignorance could only come from a 2nd or 3rd generation American-Irish who had little experience in the reality of living in the British Isles.

Baran, you're a stereotypical joke in Ireland.

You'd also realise that swearing has little to do with politeness and my parents brought me up with self-respect and free thought, shame you're family couldn't instill those values on you.
    seanchai

So I called some of my Paddy friends this morning and read out Baran's responses - they were bemused by it all (hey Baran does an Irishman having British friends make him a traitor in your eyes?) and came up with the conclusion that I can't believe I didn't make before.
    This much incense, anger and ignorance could only come from a 2nd or 3rd generation American-Irish who had little experience in the reality of living in the British Isles.

You'd also realise that swearing has little to do with politeness and my parents brought me up with self-respect and free thought, shame you're family couldn't instill those values on you.
    seanchai
    He's not Irish, he doesn't speak Gaelic and he is a twat. Sleep easy, Seanchai.

Rookie Poster

seanchai
    Your not the smartest man in the world storyteller. It is obvious i am in Europe. Look at the time i am writing here. So no not 2nd or 3rd generation American, not American at all.
    You can talk about your Irish friends who think you are oke but that is just talk.Anyone can say that. I even do not believe you have friends en certainly not Irish friends maybe those 2nd and 3rd generation your are talking about.
    Your parents forgot to brought you up to have respect for others and another man or woman's opinion. Free thought doesn't say that you have to verbally abuse everyone else who doesn't think the same way you do.
    Also now you have Braveheart to help you fight your battle?
    That is inmature don't you think?
    You can not handle me alone so you call in this scottish guy?
    Or are you and him the same?
    O o storyteller, storyteller....

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Baran

seanchai
    Your not the smartest man in the world storyteller. It is obvious i am in Europe. Look at the time i am writing here. So no not 2nd or 3rd generation American, not American at all.
    You can talk about your Irish friends who think you are oke but that is just talk.Anyone can say that. I even do not believe you have friends en certainly not Irish friends maybe those 2nd and 3rd generation your are talking about.
    Your parents forgot to brought you up to have respect for others and another man or woman's opinion. Free thought doesn't say that you have to verbally abuse everyone else who doesn't think the same way you do.
    You are a joke Baran. You don't use f word that's fine. But your comments are totally idiotic and lacking in common sense. They are so out of place that you are not even worthy of being responded to. Apparently your parents forgot to raise you to be a friendly, communicative, and normal global citizen with common sense. I am 3rd generation Irish but I would be deeply ashamed if you were really my cousin back in Europe. Of course you are not.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Risky
    Quote Originally Posted by Baran

seanchai
    You are a joke Baran. You don't use f word that's fine. But your comments are totally idiotic and lacking in common sense. They are so out of place that you are not even worthy of being responded to. Apparently your parents forgot to raise you to be a friendly, communicative, and normal global citizen with common sense. I am 3rd generation Irish but I would be deeply ashamed if you were really my cousin back in Europe. Of course you are not.
    I don not believe you are Irish but if you are i am deeply ashamed.
    You do not read newspapers? Or watch the news? Do you have any idea what is happening in North Ireland? Do you? Did you ever watch the english march our streets. Provocating us? Do you?
    It is funny you talking about friendly and communicative because you obviously do not do that yourself.
    If you got something to say to me do it in a normal way.
    Or does our storyteller needs another one to fight his battle?