Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Thank you MacShreach, for clearing up point (2). Maybe a picture will help thx visualize the geometry. (It is assumed the aperture is sufficiently small for the approximations to apply).
    Did you draw those yourself?

The fact of the matter is, no one who claims the moon landing was fake can bring up a point that hasn't already been refuted. That combined with the fact that to fake such a thing would require the cooperation of thousands of people and you have an opinion with no basis in reality and only a basis in ignorance.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Instrumental
    The fact of the matter is, no one who claims the moon landing was fake can bring up a point that hasn't already been refuted. That combined with the fact that to fake such a thing would require the cooperation of thousands of people and you have an opinion with no basis in reality and only a basis in ignorance.
    Exactly!!! I mean all these people do is show some photo and try to make sort of some sense to it why it appears false and try to put some logic into to make it believable

Truth is I am not an expert in shadows and that crap, I no idea how a shadow is suppose to look on the photo...thanks to Trish she helped us understand a little more and he explanation made 1000x more sense than the photos...but still despite all the science, somehow people still believe in the nonsense

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I confress, lahabra, to the deed; the drawing is mine. But thanks should go to MacShreach for his debunking of the four point critique posted by thx, and for giving a correct analysis of point (2) first try.

Hey, MacShreach, are you by any chance a photographer?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

He might be. But what he is, is a MacShreach.

--
    you will learn to fear my collection of tiny hats.

I confress, lahabra, to the deed; the drawing is mine. But thanks should go to MacShreach for his debunking of the four point critique posted by thx, and for giving a correct analysis of point (2) first try.

You're very kind, and guilty as charged.

Default To all the optical scientists

How about this to detect the lunar lander? Since it landed in a flat plain it's shadow should be detectable by HST when the sun hangs low on the horizon. (twice a month) The shadow should be long enough to be visible.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Default Re: To all the optical scientists

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    How about this to detect the lunar lander? Since it landed in a flat plain it's shadow should be detectable by HST when the sun hangs low on the horizon. (twice a month) The shadow should be long enough to be visible.
    Jeez, are you still on this?

Whatever. Ask an astronomer. It won't make any difference-- that lander is there (unless some of your wee green chums came and pinched it.)

You know what really gets me about you conspiracy theorists is that you are so busy believing all the complete bunkum you do that you actually miss it totally when Govts DO pull the wool.

A great example would be the whole Roswell/Area 51 hoax, which was deliberately fostered by US military PR spin-doctors to divert attention from the fact that they were developing and testing Stealth Technology aircraft, and lord knows what else, there.

I mean talk about setting yourselves up for the sucker-punch!

And it just goes on and on-- remember crop circles? That first started in England and the hoax got so absurd that eventually the two chaps who started it came out and confessed. (And they knew things no-one else did, and even exactly replicated the effects, which confirmed that they were indeed, the very lads) but still, thirty years later, there are lunatics who actually believe the work of a couple of practical jokers with a lawnmower was evidence of .....Woooo..........ALIENS......and the Gummint is hiding this......

You know there are nutters out every night in fields all over the west of England actually watching for the flying saucers--or whatever the fashionable term is these days. You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

Next thing you'll be telling me Erich von Danichen was right after all! Or that there is, actually, a Bermuda Triangle!

This conspiracy theory crap is a whole disinformation industry, and if the US Govt ever DOES get round to doing something on the moon, you can bet they'll be anonymously feeding lines to the gullible and those who make their livings gulling them, to do the exact same thing--muddy the water and prevent anyone finding out what is really going on, because a bunch of crazy, staring-eyed conspiracy theorists are already yelling "Hey, look! Wee green men!"

I ask you.

As I said earlier I didn't post the original article. I don't really give a shit one way or another over an event that may or may not have happened 40 years ago. No money in my pocket. There's too much going on right now. As for crop circles I knew most of them were pranks by college students. Area 51 is well documented. The Russians had plenty of photos despite all the US denials. Got any more?

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    As I said earlier I didn't post the original article. I don't really give a shit one way or another over an event that may or may not have happened 40 years ago. No money in my pocket. There's too much going on right now. As for crop circles I knew most of them were pranks by college students. Area 51 is well documented. The Russians had plenty of photos despite all the US denials. Got any more?
    To be honest with you I think we will just stop there. Any case, very nice drawing Trish.