Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

You did notice, of course, that in 2007 (for instance), the US gave out $21,197,000,000 in foreign aid?

I don't support everything the US government does, but I damn well think we do a lot better than most other nations.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Clind
    lol ..no i m not kidding.

USA goverment is the biggest pirate of all. I made this comment because for me is funny to see all this suporters of the Imperialist American Army who is murdering, steeling people all over the world
    to complain about this "stupid dumbass pirates".
    They are also the biggest pimps in the world and there really aint much we can do about them.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    Quote Originally Posted by Clind
    lol ..no i m not kidding.

USA goverment is the biggest pirate of all. I made this comment because for me is funny to see all this suporters of the Imperialist American Army who is murdering, steeling people all over the world
    to complain about this "stupid dumbass pirates".
    They are also the biggest pimps in the world and there really aint much we can do about them.
    Oh, I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this. The US government is really behind the whoring out of Russian prostitutes, Asian slave trafficking, and whatever bogeymen you have out there in your anonymous country?

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Rookie Poster

a couple daisy cutters into some of the places festering with these Muslim terrorists errrr...Somali pirates...would go a long way to signal how "weak" we are. So what if some innocents get killed those people are a death loving culture anyways send them to 72 virgins on an express ticket

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41
    Quote Originally Posted by trish
    I'd happily give them the TV, if that what they came for. Better for me to lose a TV than for someone to lose a life. Killing a thief for threatening to take a television IS something to be ashamed of.
    Killing a thief, who breaks into your house, is nothing to be ashamed of (maybe not something to celebrate..but nothing to be ashamed of either).

So then, just out of curiosity, at what point would you believe in violence? Passivism is wonderful..but it leaves a person (or a country) open to victimhood.

Yes, if the whole world were filled with passivists it would be utopia..until just one violent fucker comes to town and takes over the whole world 'cause no one is there to stop him.

I don't think Patrick Henry would roll over so easy.
    Patrick Henry wasn't defending his TV. Killing a thief who doesn't threaten your life is more than shameful, it's immoral. Would you give your own life for a TV? If it's not worth your life, then it's not worth anybody else's life either. Is your freedom, worth your life? If it's worth your own life, then it's defense is worth another's.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

You cry for the families of hostage takers who were killed. But you said nothing for the families of the men held at sea who can't go home, or for those who have died while held hostage.
    Actually phobun, I'm not crying. You presume too much. By the way, no hostages have died in the last decade, up until this week.

Why do you suppose the shipping companies don't arm their ships? Why are they willing to pay ransoms. It's because the pirates do not present a significant risk nor even a formidable drain on the pocketbook. It's ironic that those who think everything should be done by private concerns now want the federal government to step in take care of things. But I'm willing to concede that keeping shipping lanes clear is the job of the world's navies.

Look, I'm just saying this is not a happy outcome. The Navy was negotiating with the pirates when the shooting went down. I think it's safe to say the even the Navy negotiators were hoping for a better outcome. Perhaps it's the only way things could've gone down. I don't know. At least no innocent lives have been lost, even though three lives were lost. But those lost lives have immeasurably complicated the scene, and endanger the lives of all future shipping traffic through the region, especially American lives.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Look, I'm just saying this is not a happy outcome. The Navy was negotiating with the pirates when the shooting went down. I think it's safe to say the even the Navy negotiators were hoping for a better outcome. Perhaps it's the only way things could've gone down. I don't kno

w. At least no innocent lives have been lost, even though three lives were lost. But those lost lives have immeasurably complicated the scene, and endanger the lives of all future shipping traffic through the region, especially American lives.
    I would add in the future why the heck should the pirates ever negotiate with us again? Why should they trust us to negotiate? Why should 1-200 of them get toegther and do a revenge attack on one of our destroyers (if they can find one isolated). Think Pirates cannot pull off something like that. Look at history.

Small fast boats have taken down huge ships before, not just the USS Cole..but navies of the world use torpedo boats, missile boats. Small fast boats armed with not just RPG's but say....Iranian made Katyusha missiles, or long range recoilless rifles (RPG's on steroids). Or going farther back poorer navies would take out huge fleets by setting ships on fire and sailing them into the enemy (I beleive the English did this to the spanish.)

I'll bet you $100 that in the next two years, if we do not see a real government arise in Somalia, that those pirates with actually sink a modern ship of war.

Anyone who thinks we could just waltz into a hostile port without taking some big hits is a fool. We would have to bomb them back...there already in the stone age.. to the ice age before we went in. Then as soon as we leave, the pirates will just come back.

Force is not the answer here. I am generally a war hawk, but this is not the place to apply force it does nothing to help our cause.

Rookie Poster

The pirates have killed, and they are messing up the merchant ships bringing goods to us and other countries.
    Pirates 'kill' hostage in Somalia
    Somali pirates, who have been holding a Taiwanese fishing vessel since the middle of last month, have reportedly killed one member of the crew.hiiraan.com/news2_rss/2007/Jun/pirates_kill_hostage_in_somalia.[b]aspx. The 17,000-ton Maersk Alabama was carrying emergency relief to Mombasa, Kenya, at the time it was hijacked, for the Copenhagen-based container shipping group A.P. Moller-Maersk.
    These punk ass pirates have done enough, they have already received millioms of dollars for ransoms, and there is no telling what might happen down the road, There are too many sq. miles to cover,and protect those water routes, even if other countries join in...BUT...They need to be stopped, and if killing them is necessary, so be it, those bastards have had a long enough leeway over the years, and will keep on if never punished, they are terrorists, plain and simple. We need to destroy there ports where they work out of, the gangs and radicals running Somalia could care less about the citizens there, they keep all that they steal.
    So there has been loss of life at the hands of the pirates, and why should these low life scumbags be left to do what they want?

jaybull

5 Star Poster

No one is saying they should be left to do what they want.

What I have been saying is that we need to foster the developement of a strong governmental force in somalia. The last time they had something like that (called the union of Islamic Courts google it) they were able to stop piracy by imposing the death penalty on anyone caught in the act.

Right now Somalia has no real strong government, a federal government which is in effective, an Islamist controlled area, which really only controls barren wasteland anyway, and the northern most part of somalia, acts like it's a independent country.

There needs to be an end to the chaos on the ground in Somalia, and we have to help them to end that chaos. Not with bullets, but withe sensible, and culturally sensitive advice on how to set up a real government

Right now if we wanted to get the pirates about 100 special forces advisors guiding Somali troops, could do the job. This talk of sending in our navy is madness sheer madness.

I would not mind so much if I did not hear politicians on the radio talking like posters on HA

I would not mind so much if I did not hear politicians on the radio talking like posters on HA
    You don't mean people talking like low life scumbags, do you?