Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Can't say that've seen it what's it about?

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jarrod
    Can't say that've seen it what's it about?
    Those wild and crazy polygamist Mormons.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

Honestly I don't thin polygamy should be against the law. As long as all invlolved are aware. Meaning not when it's a guy who has a family in Michigan, one in California, and another in Florida all in the dark of one another.

Has this season been any good? Did not see much of
    last season.

Rookie Poster

It's grown on me. Didn't like it at first, but I've become a regular watcher.

I have a new idea for a show. Big T Love, starring Jen Paris, Jesse Flores, Jennifer Justice and myself.

"I gotta go lift"

No Yasmin Lee?
    Or is that for season 2? :P

I like this show ... this season doesn't seem much exciting that the others.
    See how it goes ... Hope they improve the characters.

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kukm4
    Has this season been any good? Did not see much of
    last season.
    I've enjoyed the first two episodes. I've talked to others who haven't. I think the writers do a great job showing the sympathetic side of polygamy as well as the shady, particularly on the last episode. The cast still has some of the best character actors alive, bar none. Bruce Dern, Harry Dean Stanton, Bill Paxton...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

I've been in love with this show since the beginning. I grew up in rural area that was inhabited by a lot of religious fundamentalists--mainly of the evangelical Christian variety. There was an especially high population of Pentacostals, who chose to dress in the same manner as many of the women on the polygamy compound featured in Big Love. While the Pentes. don't practice polygamy, they do share many similarities with the religious group profiled in Big Love.

Then again, I'll watch anything that deals with religious extremism or cults. For some reason the subject matter fascinates me.

I had read Jon Krakauer's book "Under the Banner of Heaven" and Stephen Singular's "When Men Became Gods" so I knew something about Mormonism before seeing the programme. It wasn't shown in the UK, so I bought the DVDs from America and watched the first series. I thought it was great, there are some terrific actors and it's worth staying with it beyond the first episode, that's for sure. The Mormons have made a few recruiting drives over in the UK, in fact there are still a few Mormon churches around here. And It's quite interesting to see what they really believe - Jon Krakauer's book is a real eye-opener.

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/krakauer/