Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by Justawannabe
    I have to admit, I'm always troubled by the venom slung at folks who aren't on the same path around here by some folks.

Being transsexual is not a holy calling, it's a personal journey.

It amazes me how much time is spent trying to say 'I'm not THAT guy!' around here. Folks essentially saying that the world is right to despise folks who can't fit in under the two gender system, and desperately pointing to someone else farther off the beacon screaming 'he's the one to despise! Not me, I'm trying to be just like you!'

He's certainly not my cup of tea, but what is worth calling him disgusting?

Sean
    it's not even close to disgusting. whatever people are into, they're into. i'm all for it. lets be true to ourselves as individuals. i think it's beautiful the path he is on, that he's found love and acceptance, and awesome that a town chose to elect him as mayor.

my only hesitation with it all is the confusion it might sow in a binary society that still can't wrap its head around the terms transgender, transsexual, transvestite, etc...there's a lot of ignorance (and i don't mean that badly) out there. when we are just starting go past the "dude looks like lady" meme along comes someone who looks like a lady and calls himself a "dude". ack!

i need to stop thinking so much...

Platinum Poster

never stop thinking and saying what you think e

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    It made me sick to my stomach. In what I read, he is a heterosexual male who has a girlfriend, who went thru a mid-life crisis and wanted cleavege so he bought some. Disgusting. Thats bad for those of us who spend our whole lives trying to not be seen as a joke, now this shit!
    Why disgusting & why so judgmental ?

Trust me,if it was put to a public vote of 'nomal' people,who was more disgusting him or you,my money
    would on you winning that election.

As for tsntx,the customary shollow shit.

"I am a dude," he said. "I am a heterosexual male who appears to be a female."
    that's one ugly mannish female

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    It made me sick to my stomach. In what I read, he is a heterosexual male who has a girlfriend, who went thru a mid-life crisis and wanted cleavege so he bought some. Disgusting. Thats bad for those of us who spend our whole lives trying to not be seen as a joke, now this shit!
    Why disgusting & why so judgmental ?

Trust me,if it was put to a public vote of 'nomal' people,who was more disgusting him or you,my money
    would on you winning that election.

As for tsntx,the customary shollow shit.
    Thats you opinion. As a ts, and having discussed this very same subject with ts around the country and on ohther forums, we all were not hating on the fact he is who he is, nor do we down what he does. We just feel that when people see that they see what we have combated for so long. Yes he fits under the transgendered umberalla, but is definatly NOT a transexual. A crossdresser who went too far.

Veteran Poster

I agree with you Vanessa, he is a painful stereotype for the TS community.

But you initial post didn't really talk about that, it called him disgusting, which is pretty pejorative, whatever you may say about not being down on what he is doing.

The question I have for you, and the other TSs around the country you have talked to, is why sling the insults at this guy, or folks like him, when your real problem is that the public lumps you in to the same category? Shouldn't you be complaining about society, not him?

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Professional Poster

But you initial post didn't really talk about that, it called him disgusting, which is pretty pejorative, whatever you may say about not being down on what he is doing.

The question I have for you, and the other TSs around the country you have talked to, is why sling the insults at this guy, or folks like him, when your real problem is that the public lumps you in to the same category? Shouldn't you be complaining about society, not him?

Sean
    Why do people never get it?

Guys like him DELEGITIMIZE the incredible effort must truly trans girls make in order to be what they actually are. They re-enforce the stereotype of the 'bearded lady' and, in grouping him together with tgirls, make them all be just 'freaks' to the rest of the wold, instead of an innate condition of gender identity.

That's why it's disgusting. It's disgusting that the mayor is so self-centered to not even care about him being representative of the community and the impact of his actions.

You do realize that every single time the 'freak' stereotype is re-enforced, that psychologically lays justification in the minds of so many people who murder or "get violent with" tgirls since it completely dehumanizes them, right?

And, this really is not a 'gray area.' A gray area would be like what the Ziggy Stardust era in the 70s was, where people crafted an attractive androgynous image (or if you want to use something modern, the 'clubkids' thread). The mayor is pretty much like an old man, with decades of bodily masculization slapping on a brillo wig, earrings and implants and saying "why are you so shocked?"

In posting what I did earlier, I saw the ability of people to look beyond even that, progress - but it doesn't mean the mayor wasn't simultaneously doing damage himself.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

She's actually the second transgendered mayor...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	news008a_121.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	210261  

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Get it through your thick skulls. HE is not a transgender woman. He is a GUY, a DUDE, a MAN who likes to crossdress. The two of you and Vanessa don't seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    Why do people never get it?

Guys like him DELEGITIMIZE the incredible effort must truly trans girls make in order to be what they actually are. They re-enforce the stereotype of the 'bearded lady' and, in grouping him together with tgirls, make them all be just 'freaks' to the rest of the wold, instead of an innate condition of gender identity.
    Hence the reason I used 'he' throughout my entire second post, knowing further information..

YOU don't get the fact that people, especially through the media, group HIM together with tgirls. That was the entire point of my post.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    quite the opposite
    if she or he.... the mayor can get full acceptance a much less out there situation like a "normal" ts should have a much easier time

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.