Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    A friend of mine bet me a couple of weeks ago that his guy Obama was going to win. I accepted his bet and made an additional bet that McCain would win at least 43 states.
    Mugiwara,

Very interesting post. So besides Illinois and Delaware, what are the other five states Obama-Biden will win?
    I would say Cali and probably Washington state are locks. The rest will probably be a smattering of Northeast states. Vermont is a lock, New York is probable, he might pick up one or two others. I don't see him having a chance in any other part of the country.

Honestly, when I made that bet it was more about making it interesting because I've been pretty confident that McCain will win. However, with Obama snubbing Clinton and McCain going for Palin it makes my bet much more likely to succeed.

The media will now try and explain why Palin is a risky choice and may sink McCain, but you have to realize that one, the major media outlets have made it very obvious they are trying to get Obama elected, and two, they can't outright say the race is over because they need a storyline for the next two months. But rest assured this race is over, the only question left is how badly will Barack lose

Rookie Poster

A friend of mine bet me a couple of weeks ago that his guy Obama was going to win. I accepted his bet and made an additional bet that McCain would win at least 43 states.
    Mugiwara,

Very interesting post. So besides Illinois and Delaware, what are the other five states Obama-Biden will win?
    I would say Cali and probably Washington state are locks. The rest will probably be a smattering of Northeast states. Vermont is a lock, New York is probable, he might pick up one or two others. I don't see him having a chance in any other part of the country.
    Well, you must no something that others are missing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ama_vs_mccain/
    Hey, I'm not gonna argue with that map, but Obama has consistently trended downwards since securing the nomination. Also, while I hate to say it, there is precedent that shows that people will say they will vote for the black guy to a pollster, but pull the lever for the white guy in the privacy of the voting booth. I personally think Obama's actual numbers are a few percentage points lower than is being reported, but hey, maybe I'm wrong and racism has been completely eliminated in this country.

Anyway, as I said, trends are the thing you need to pay attention to. Obama limped across the finish line and has done nothing to energize his supporters, let alone the all important independents to rally around him. McCain hasn't done a great job at this point of energizing anyone either, but has done a fantastic job of getting people to question Obama, which has added to the downward trend. This Palin pick has already energized the Republican base and is getting the independents talking. I predict that map will begin to turn more red over the next few weeks.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    Stoked
    I will give you some credit, for trying do discuss something, rather than just name calling in your last post. But…

I challenge your statement “Gun control in practice, is the banning of guns.” It sounds like you are saying that anything other than allowing everyone free access to all guns at all times is banning guns? There are government regulations on all sorts of activities, such as driving motor vehicles, voting, buying cigarettes, marriage, etc. The list is endless. Are any of these activities in the process of being banned? In all of those activities, there are minimum requirements needed for government approval. But you are in essence saying that elementary school students should be allowed to carry assault weapons. What about prison inmates? Your statement doesn’t make common sense when examined in depth.
    Lets see now, Chicago, Washington DC and the great state of Hawaii takes away the right for ANY CITIZEN to own a gun. That is a ban, not a restriction.

Say... I dont see you posting to others about name calling, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked
    Stoked
    I will give you some credit, for trying do discuss something, rather than just name calling in your last post. But…

I challenge your statement “Gun control in practice, is the banning of guns.” It sounds like you are saying that anything other than allowing everyone free access to all guns at all times is banning guns? There are government regulations on all sorts of activities, such as driving motor vehicles, voting, buying cigarettes, marriage, etc. The list is endless. Are any of these activities in the process of being banned? In all of those activities, there are minimum requirements needed for government approval. But you are in essence saying that elementary school students should be allowed to carry assault weapons. What about prison inmates? Your statement doesn’t make common sense when examined in depth.
    Lets see now, Chicago, Washington DC and the great state of Hawaii takes away the right for ANY CITIZEN to own a gun. That is a ban, not a restriction.

You may not be aware but, Wash, D.C. recently rescended their ban.

Default Re: A call for change, but more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    "After ten years as a prominent Chicago politician and in his first year in the Senate, Obama got a $1.32 million loan below market rates without paying the normal extra fees — a rate which saved him $300 per month on his mortgage. Obama managed to do this despite the extraordinarily large mortgage and his lack of history with the lender"

Can you say sweetheart deal?

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have any clue how much money Cheney made from the fact that Halliburton was awarded billions of dollars in no-bid contracts in Iraq? You know he kept a significant portion of his stock with the company... he made money off a war and your talking about this mortage thing? What a joke.
    I agree with you Galadriel, except I would use the word criminal instead of joke. And I would include murder in the crimes. The taking of human life, except in self defense is murder. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
    Their estimate of civillian deaths cause by the conflict is 86,000 to 94,000. But others put the numbers as much higher. Repugs want to make this election about whether Obama is wearing a flag pin, or a retired preacher who is going senile. The fact that we can ignore the deaths of innocent people does not shield us from consequences. The image of the US has suffered world wide under Republican leadership. McCain was right up there with them, saying "Bagdad" next, when none of the highjackers were from Iraq.

While people like Stoked are focusing on Obama saving $300 a month on his mortgage, at least one trillion dollars of our money has been mis-spent on this "unholy war". The Repubs in congress have been threatening to fillibuster to prevent tax incentives from being taken away from the oil companies.
    That and the fact that the department of Defense cannot account for trillions, yes trillions of dollars that it has spent. Yet some people want to focus on whether Obama had his hand over his heart during the national anthem. We the people, deserve better than these lowroad distractions.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Stoked

You may not be aware but, Wash, D.C. recently rescended their ban.
    True, because that is where it was challenged and that challenge was the
    reason for the Supreme Court decision upholding the right to own firearms. It certainly was not by their choice.

We will see death and crimes rates involving guns going down in the future there.

Junior Poster

"After ten years as a prominent Chicago politician and in his first year in the Senate, Obama got a $1.32 million loan below market rates without paying the normal extra fees — a rate which saved him $300 per month on his mortgage. Obama managed to do this despite the extraordinarily large mortgage and his lack of history with the lender"

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have any clue how much money Cheney made from the fact that Halliburton was awarded billions of dollars in no-bid contracts in Iraq? You know he kept a significant portion of his stock with the company... he made money off a war and your talking about this mortage thing? What a joke.
    I agree with you Galadriel, except I would use the word criminal instead of joke. And I would include murder in the crimes. The taking of human life, except in self defense is murder. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
    Their estimate of civillian deaths cause by the conflict is 86,000 to 94,000. But others put the numbers as much higher. Repugs want to make this election about whether Obama is wearing a flag pin, or a retired preacher who is going senile. The fact that we can ignore the deaths of innocent people does not shield us from consequences. The image of the US has suffered world wide under Republican leadership. McCain was right up there with them, saying "Bagdad" next, when none of the highjackers were from Iraq.

While people like Stoked are focusing on Obama saving $300 a month on his mortgage, at least one trillion dollars of our money has been mis-spent on this "unholy war". The Repubs in congress have been threatening to fillibuster to prevent tax incentives from being taken away from the oil companies.
    That and the fact that the department of Defense cannot account for trillions, yes trillions of dollars that it has spent. Yet some people want to focus on whether Obama had his hand over his heart during the national anthem. We the people, deserve better than these lowroad distractions.
    You are so right, whatever was I thinking. If Obama Biden takes office, he will have a dialogue asking Osama Bin Laden and his terrorists to(oops, i am name calling again) turn themselves in for taking the lives of innocent people around the world, and most of the 90,000 dubious civilian casualties you state. All radical muslims will embrace this new idea and cease their willy ways.

Junior Poster

NObama's platform position is change... change, change, change... how is accepting sweetheart deals change?

mmmm drink more Koolaid

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    Racist? Please Explain. You mean racist like Joe Biden and his racist comments about Indian immigrants?

As far as being an Elitist, I think Obama has that sewn up. Him and his 1.65 million dollar house that was set up by that Rezko crook.
    Just like his temper problem, McCain has been said by Senate insiders to tell racist and sexist jokes all the time. This guy called his wife Cindy a "cunt" in public and cheated on his first wife, while she was battling a serious illness with other women (remember Newt Gingrich), including Cindy McCain, who he eventually married.

As far as Barack being an elitist, give me a fuchin break. I guarantee most U.S Senators live in homes worth over 1 million dollars. The Clintons own several million dollars properties. Barack Obama's family net worth is about 4 million dollars (which according to John McCain only makes the Obama family upper middle class, since they're below the 5 million dollar "you're wealthy" baseline McCain mentioned in an interview). John and Cindy McCain's net worth is around $150 million. Mitt Romney's is a little more than that and the Clintons are well over 50 million. So spare me the elitist bullshyt. I'm not a Republican, but I can admit that Gov. Sarah Palin is no elitist, from the interviews I've heard so far. Her husband still works in the oil industry in Alaska, as a "sloper" which is a quasi-blue collar position. I deal in truth, not partisan bullshyt. I profoundly disagree with her Ronald Reagan-esque views on government, as I witnessed first hand living in NYC the devastation wrought in poor communities of color during the 80's as a child and the "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous" life of the Wall Street crowd of the 80's. Barack is 100% right, Trickle-Down economics or the "Ownership Society" is a bullshyt premise the GOP uses to keep the upper 5% in power and drowning in wealth.

BEAGLE, ELITIST DON'T QUIT HIGH PAYING, CUSHY LAW FIRM JOBS LIKE BARACK AND MICHELLE DID, WITH THOUSANDS IN STUDENT LOANS HANGING OVER THEIR HEADS TO WORK IN THE POOREST PARTS OF INNER CITY CHICAGO, AS COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS. I FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS ELITIST NONSENSE ONLY GETS TRACTION AMONGST IDIOTS BECAUSE BARACK IS A MAN OF COLOR. FOR A WHITE MAN TO GET THE ELITIST TITLE, HE'D HAVE TO WORTH WAY MORE THAN BARACK, BE A MEMBER OF SKULLS & BONES OR SOME OTHER SECRET SOCIETY AND LOOK DOWN ON POOR PEOPLE VEHEMENTLY. JOHN MCCAIN DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW MANY HOMES HE AND CINDY OWNS, BUT HE'S NOT AN ELITIST, JUST BECAUSE HE IS A FORMER POW & WAR VETERAN (as he told David Letterman).

BEAGLE, STOP LISTENENING TO A-HOLES LIKE SEAN HANNITY AND RUSH LIMBAUGH, WHO ARE THE REAL ELITIST. THEY'RE POLITICAL IDEOLOGY ONLY SERVICES THE RICH, BUT THEY'RE QUICK TO TALK ABOUT GOOD, HARD WORKING AMERICANS, AS LONG AS THEIR RICH ASSES GET TAX BREAKS UP THE KAZOO. SOME DEMOCRATS ARE NO BETTER AND I"M A DEMOCRAT. B.S IS B.S, BECAUSE IT STINKS NO MATTER WHO SAYS IT.

McCain put his wife in a titty contest, holla!