Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    What? "Professional offence-taker?" what? You are calling him a professional offence taker because he raises a legitimate question? wow

The photo did get some press: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008....olympics20081

"Making gestures that reflect different ethnic group's physical traits is not the same as denigrating those traits, or that group." Easy to say when you are not a member of the group being made fun of. :

The players and their coaches may not have meant to offend, however, their decision to mimic their hosts racial features showed poor judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyman
    Not really. I guess if one was in the business of being a professional offence-taker, then one could be offended. Making gestures that reflect different ethnic group's physical traits is not the same as denigrating those traits, or that group.
    1 - I did not call the OP a professional offence-taker - indeed, his post doesn't even say that he takes offence, he is asking if other people do.

2 - The very fact that you say "group being made fun of" indicates that you view any reference to ethnic difference as mockery. I know racist abuse when I see it, believe me. And if you can see it in that photo, you must be leading a very, very quiet life.

In all honesty, who gives a shit. People intimating violence against others, or engaging in conduct that actually violates another persons rights is something that would upset me. What some random basketball team does in some random photo??? I couldn't care less.

Professional Poster

I actually find it funny, but then again I'm not really politically that correct.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Well they could have been tricked by the sponsor for all we know to pose like that to create "controversy". Besides, good or bad publicity - Is still publicity for their team and the sponsor! Remember Pepsi and Madonna's "LIke a Prayer" Pepsi Ad from awhile back?

The Spaniards replied about this controversy here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...yhoo&type=lgns

Reality TV shows does the same thing..exploiting people for good ratings. I personally think the press were blowing this out of proportion.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

It's offensive in the same way that at a recent Spanish F1 practise session, Spanish fans (probably supporting Alonso) blacked their faces and wore T-Shirts saying "Hamilton's Family".

It has been blown out of proportion, if the whole team had just said it was a bad call and apologised from the start instead of trying to justify it, it would have been ok.

It wasn't the Chinese company that sponsors this team, that demanded the photo Hara, it was another sponsor.

Well then FUCK that sponsor not the Spaniards! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl

~Kisses.

HTG
    You're right, "just following orders" is a better argument.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl

~Kisses.

HTG
    You're right, "just following orders" is a better argument.
    lol People are known to do things even if they don't get anything in return. Just look at a few threads on here..like Hottest guy contest, post your dick pic etc. Imagine what people would do for pay and or free merchandise? Some men go gay for pay!

http://straightguysarebroke.com/main...2891/131/adwds

~Kisses.

HTG

Professional Poster

I wouldnt call them professional athletes behaving like that. Any person that calls themselves a professional should know innappropriate behavior that has no relevance to sports, representative stature, and the people who are hosting the games. IMO its not personally offensive, its just plain ignoran for the position they signifyt..and thats more offensive.

Professional Poster

ahem... is ther actually even just one chinese paper that bothered to report on that? i rather doubt it

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.