• 3 Stars

14 15.38%
  • 2 Stars

3 3.30%
  • 1 Star

2 2.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Needed alot more Joker.
    I hate Christian Bale's Batman voice. He sounds like he's trying to be stern and intimidating but failing.

Now Kevin Conroy, he can do a Batman voice, and Bruce Wayne.

What's that do?

The Judge, last words.(Right before being blasted by a bazooka.)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1one
    I hate Christian Bale's Batman voice. He sounds like he's trying to be stern and intimidating but failing.

Now Kevin Conroy, he can do a Batman voice, and Bruce Wayne.
    I'll pay this, it sounds llike Batman requires a lozenge. Maybe the cowl restricts air flow from his trachea.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Rookie Poster

Great movie saw it four times at the best movie theater in chicagoland with four different females. Gonna be nominated at least for a lot of Oscars.

Without Struggle There Can Be No Progress

Junior Poster

3-stars

Among the above-mentioneed...

Poor editing.... you could almost see the scotch tape on the reel on screen splits and cuts...

Morgan Freeman wearing a colorful bow tie.

Gyllenhaal replacing Holmes.

.... many more.

It's official: Mahjong is pronounced "My Wang."

Junior Poster

Loved the movie. It was just a little long. It caught me off guard.

Happy Holidays!

Professional Poster

It was just a little long.
    I actually thought it was a little short. I wanted to see more and more and more!!!

First of all, an "Under the Cherry Moon" reference? No Fucking way--thats classic!!! hahahaha awesome!

I loved the film. I tried not to get caught up in the whole "Heath is dead so lets love the movie because of him" kind of vibe. But man, he was ASTOUNDING in it. All the little nuances he had, like the unconscious licking of the cuts on his face--it all came off as so natural. He really was phenominal. For me, he made this movie. Christian Bale has been my favorite in the serties so far. In fact, aside from Batman Begins and the Dark Night, I have yet to actually sit through an entire movie. No disrespect to Clooney and Whats-his-face, but those flicks were just campy hollywood stroke sessions designed to make then some money. Nothing enticing for me in any of those films. My only complaint is Bale's voice when he dons the mask, as others have said here as well. It's just a bit over the top.

What these last two had, which made me love them, was the human element. In Begins, you see the struggle Bruce goes through and why he becomes Batman. In Dark Night, you see the twisted mind of the Joker as it unfolds. And while there is no sure-fire, clear-cut plot, the way he pulls you through each scene, getting you deeper and deeper into his nightmare world is just amazing. You tend to think he's pulling pranks, but as the movie goes on you begin to see how intricate, and brilliantly insane his entire plan really is. It was amazing.

And I also LOVED the jokers take on anarchy. As I watched that scene, I began to realize that I could actually feel that way if I wasn't so stuck in societal rules. He was so free--he had absolutely nothing to lose, and at the same time he wasn't trying to gain anything. Brilliant.

We are the middle children of history . . . we have no great war, we have no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives . . .

Professional Poster tommymageeshemales2's Avatar

My Avatar aside, the movie itself is hyped to Cristiano Ronaldo proportions...an appropriate analogy, because, although exceptionally good, this film, like Ronaldo, is not great. The Joker is like Daniel Plainview or Bill the Butcher i.e a character, played exceptionally well that makes up for a no more than good story. It's hard not to like Bale though!

Professional Poster tommymageeshemales2's Avatar

P.S Maggie Gyllenhaal shouldn't have a career in film. At least not in front of the camera. It's an offense!

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommymageeshemales2
    P.S Maggie Gyllenhaal shouldn't have a career in film. At least not in front of the camera. It's an offense!
    I agree! I don't know what they're thinking when they cast her for the part. I feel, there's other better actresses who could do justice and play her part IMO.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol