Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

German officials say they are concerned about a possible stop in Germany by U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., for a speech.

The rumor is that Obama, the likely Democratic presidential nominee, would speak at the Brandenburg Gate, feet away from the Berlin Wall, if he travels to Berlin, CNN reported. President Ronald Reagan stood at the gate in 1987 when he urged Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down this wall.

But Reagan was president and Obama is not, so it wouldn't be proper for Illinois' junior senator to speak at the landmark, German officials said.

Thomas Steg, spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel, said it would be inappropriate for candidates to campaign in Germany.

I think he should sense right now at this very moment that the Brandenburg Gate is not the place to go, Jan Techau of the German Council on Foreign Relations told CNN. He should opt for another place. People have suggested the (town hall) where Kennedy spoke, which is less of a symbolic place, ironically.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    I'm going to break this down real common sense like that way there's no confusion.
    Uh... Hey Dafame. Did you forget who you were addressing?

I know I know. It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment.

Which post are you referring to? I back tracked and they all appear to be cool but maybe I missed something.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jaybull
    German officials say they are concerned about a possible stop in Germany by U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., for a speech.

The rumor is that Obama, the likely Democratic presidential nominee, would speak at the Brandenburg Gate, feet away from the Berlin Wall, if he travels to Berlin, CNN reported. President Ronald Reagan stood at the gate in 1987 when he urged Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down this wall.

But Reagan was president and Obama is not, so it wouldn't be proper for Illinois' junior senator to speak at the landmark, German officials said.

Thomas Steg, spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel, said it would be inappropriate for candidates to campaign in Germany.

I think he should sense right now at this very moment that the Brandenburg Gate is not the place to go, Jan Techau of the German Council on Foreign Relations told CNN. He should opt for another place. People have suggested the (town hall) where Kennedy spoke, which is less of a symbolic place, ironically.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International
    OK, now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for putting that up. I've take the liberty to highlight a couple of things in the text you've posted that should help clarify my point. As the article mentions, 3 times no less (possible, rumor and if), he may stop for a speech in Berlin. If the German government says no, than he will not. You're offended by a possible campaign stop by a candidate who needs to burnish his foreign relation credentials? Come on dude, I mean, Really?

Alright Then.

Quote Originally Posted by dafame
    I'm going to break this down real common sense like that way there's no confusion.

Which post are you referring to? I back tracked and they all appear to be cool but maybe I missed something.
    The last post on page 11.
    You made the legitimate point that common sense allieves confusion, usually, but you were talking to Jaybull.

Sorry, but it just struck me as an amusing exercise in futility.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

You made the legitimate point that common sense allieves confusion, usually, but you were talking to Jaybull.

Oh ok. I ended up figuring out thats what you meant but I admit it took me a while...lol

Oh ok. I ended up figuring out thats what you meant but I admit it took me a while...lol

Dubya opposes Obama speech at the Brandenburg Gate:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_111993.html

"Merkel's foreign policy adviser Christoph Heusgen was "taken to task," "snapped at," or "berated" by a Bush aide."

There needs to be an emoticon for something zinging over your head.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

I have lurked on this site for a very long time and never once commented.

But I have to now. InHouston please just tell everyone why you are so afraid of this African American running the country. Be as frank as possible and forget all these little signs that you spot. You are on the internet so no one knows you personally Just be as frank as possible!!!!

I find that all your reasoning are so petty. Go to any sporting event and count all the people singing the national anthem with their hands over their hearts. Because he doesn't wear a pin he is going to overthrow the government? You say the constitution. The constitution states the separation of church and state.Which means that my religion does not matter if I run for office. You want it both ways. If Obama is a Muslim why would he follow the infidel Wright, who is a Christian. So what you are telling us is that the Muslim terrorist are going to work with the Christians , who the Muslims say are trying to destroy Islam to take over America. There are 3 branches of Government I dont have to quote them to you because you know what they are. One man can not take over this country or make any moves that could cause this country to come under the rule of one man.

You fear this man who has not even taken the oath but yet you let the present leader of this country erode the rights of the people of this country under the guise of stopping terrorist, but your agendas only concern is that they catch anyone who doesn't look like you or speak without an accent.

You sat back and watch as the President refuse to testify under oath and refuse to have the Attorney General the highest lawyer in the country testify under oath. They refuse to release their records in office which can become public record. The economy is in shambles, we are in a war that the president refuse's to end. If anything we are subject to being attacked by terrorist more than ever now because we refuse to get out, and continue to push America's agenda when it is not wanted.

In 1942 Mich. at the Ford plant African Americans were hired to work in the plants because many White American men were going to war. But one whit Worker was quoted as saying "I'd rather let Hitler win the war than work next to some Nigger" If that doesn't show you how much hate someone has for a race of people what does?

You have that hate but know that in this day and time you can not display it. but since you are on the internet you should have no problem letting it out. I really find it hard to believe that as racist as you are that you are even on this site!!! I mean this site goes against all the fundamental principles of conservative beliefs it deals with Homosexuality, race mingling, open sex and prostitution.

Are you one of those stiff collar White Men who let hung Black Trannies dominate you? Why are you on this site???????

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dickdasterly
    I have lurked on this site for a very long time and never once commented.

But I have to now. InHouston please just tell everyone why you are so afraid of this African American running the country. Be as frank as possible and forget all these little signs that you spot. You are on the internet so no one knows you personally Just be as frank as possible!!!!

I find that all your reasoning are so petty. Go to any sporting event and count all the people singing the national anthem with their hands over their hearts. Because he doesn't wear a pin he is going to overthrow the government? You say the constitution. The constitution states the separation of church and state.Which means that my religion does not matter if I run for office. You want it both ways. If Obama is a Muslim why would he follow the infidel Wright, who is a Christian. So what you are telling us is that the Muslim terrorist are going to work with the Christians , who the Muslims say are trying to destroy Islam to take over America. There are 3 branches of Government I dont have to quote them to you because you know what they are. One man can not take over this country or make any moves that could cause this country to come under the rule of one man.

You fear this man who has not even taken the oath but yet you let the present leader of this country erode the rights of the people of this country under the guise of stopping terrorist, but your agendas only concern is that they catch anyone who doesn't look like you or speak without an accent.

You sat back and watch as the President refuse to testify under oath and refuse to have the Attorney General the highest lawyer in the country testify under oath. They refuse to release their records in office which can become public record. The economy is in shambles, we are in a war that the president refuse's to end. If anything we are subject to being attacked by terrorist more than ever now because we refuse to get out, and continue to push America's agenda when it is not wanted.

In 1942 Mich. at the Ford plant African Americans were hired to work in the plants because many White American men were going to war. But one whit Worker was quoted as saying "I'd rather let Hitler win the war than work next to some Nigger" If that doesn't show you how much hate someone has for a race of people what does?

You have that hate but know that in this day and time you can not display it. but since you are on the internet you should have no problem letting it out. I really find it hard to believe that as racist as you are that you are even on this site!!! I mean this site goes against all the fundamental principles of conservative beliefs it deals with Homosexuality, race mingling, open sex and prostitution.

Are you one of those stiff collar White Men who let hung Black Trannies dominate you? Why are you on this site???????
    Back in the day, I was excited at the prospect of Colon Powell running for president, until his wife insisted he shouldn't due to the risk of assasination. And, I didn't vote for John Kerry and he's white. So, give yourself a good pat on the back; you're an idiot.