Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Brenda,

Although slavery was a terrible violence against a lot of people, the reality is that the vast vast majority of white folks in America never owned a slave. Even among the priveleged elite, who were the only slaveowners & the ones who bankrolled the system, there was a raging debate over the ownership of other human beings.

You never see polls from the past. You see lots of writings from a couple of people, but you never really know what folks are thinking out in the country.

For instance: Barry Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act in the senate. It passed anyway & Lyndon Johnson signed it. It became a huge issue in the '64 campaign. in fact, in '64, civil rights wasn't an issue. It was THE issue. The hate mongers were all over the air waves & print media. "If we let those negroes get their way, it'll be the end of civilization as we know it...blah blah blah..." Johnson won the election by a landslide. He was elected by white voters. Even with the extra black voters in the south, non-white voters only totaled in at around 15%. 20% tops.

My thinking is that most people aren't racist & never have been. Most people just want to mind their own business & wish everyone else would do the same. Most folks, regardless of their opinions about others, won't go out of their way to screw with people because of the accident of their birth. If you look close enough, it's always a core group of assholes who make all the noise, & it's the same assholes every time. I don't eally believe that most people are scared, stupid, or both, & that's all racism really is.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

obama in '08!

Veteran Poster

I think Obama has a good chance at the nomination. When (if) he does, the gloves will really come off on the Republican side, and they will subject him to a furious character assasination; even worse than the one they pulled on Kerry.

The trouble with Obama is no-one knows anything about him really. He is too much of an unknown quantity, and I think the US will ultimately go with a safer choice.

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's CFR and AIPACS poster child. He's got strings attached. Don't believe me? Do the hard data gathering yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Why Obama Can't Save Us:
    http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1549

Seems like his priority is not serving the USA's best interest, as well as showing other allegiances.

what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    BEEP BEEP!

Rejoice! Alex Jones has brought forth the truth to set us all free.

Uh huh.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Go back to sleep hippifried... nothing to see here. Just believe everything that Fox news jams down your throat.

BEEP BEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    Go back to sleep hippifried... nothing to see here. Just believe everything that Fox news jams down your throat.
    LOL..no doubt about that...amazes me how easily the masses are in a not so subtle way told who to vote for by the major media...

I dont think Obama is going to win,but if he does enjoy him while you can...the good old boys arent going to put up with a black president,theyve already got a bullet with his name on it...sad...but true.

Such pessimism. You guys do realize that the reason people don't buy into all this conspiracy crap is because it rarely pans out. Don't ya? Crying wolf just puts people off their guard against the real threats to their well-being.

Since my guy, Bill Richardson, is out of the race now, I'm actually leaning toward Sen Obama for the simple reason that Sen Clinton seems a little quick on the trigger to me. She's a bit conservative for my taste too, but I can live with that. I survived Reagan & both Bushes, not to mention the Nixon fiasco.

Obama is a leap of faith. If he gets the nomination, he'll probably win the election. In that case, we have to hope that he really is the Jackie Robinson of the political world. He has to play an "A" game for 8 solid years & have a skin thicker than a rhino. As young a man as he is, I can guarantee gray hair & a lot more wrinkles by the end of the first term.

That entire last paragraph also applies to Hillary Clinton. She however is a known commodity. The healthcare report of '93/'94 was impressive, & the problems addressed in the report have amplified through the lack of of followthrough. What disturbs me is the willingness to change what was a good plan just because it got stymied by political silliness the first time around. I'm also not happy with her willingness, along with so many others, to abdicate the power of the Congress to decide on going to war.

I'm not buying for one minute this goofy idea that this primary race is a fight between race & gender. I'll start giving credence to the pundits & wannabe celebrities that pass themselves off as reporters these days when they stop making themselves the story. I don't think I'm alone based on the number of people who decided to lie to the pollsters in New Hampshire. There's not one shred of credible analysis on the mindset of voters today. That won't change until the folks who need our trust to stay in business realize that "the horserace" is only a minor part of the story.

DJ,
    Nobody's going to shoot Obama. If such a thing happened, unlike the Kennedy assassination, everybody would know why. The backlash would make your head spin. Anyone with a modicum of sense would know this & be deterred. That's not to say that bigots have much sense, but even an attempt would make them the targets of the lynch mobs. I'm not talking about black people getting up in arms. It's the white people in America that would show the wrath of God to these assholes if there were to be a physical attack on the POTUS because of skin pigmentation.

~ Kinky Friedman ~

Hey Hippifried, the greatest conspiracy of all, is the view that there are no government conspiracies. Just believe everything ABCNNBBCBS tells you. HA!

BEEP BEEP!