Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    @ Kalina: Is that photo you? Awesome! By "perks" I mean, you know.........(especially applicable to Johnny). Do I have to spell it out? :>)
    Yep, that's me. Thanks!

Check out my web sites, too. You'll see more of me there.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    yeah please s-p-e-l-l it out
    let me know what the perks are?
    Hmmm... we get yelled at, accused of siding with people... I think you have to be a little masochistic to want to be a mod

The power? We get to ban people, or in my case, tell the admin to ban people. Then we get yelled at, accused of siding with people, and so on.

A thankless job indeed.

I'm a mod or admin on a number of forums, mostly in other areas. Mostly I do very little mod action and a lot more behind the scenes admin stuff. Like Kalina, I'm a mod at tgirltalk.com, and because the regular posters (who, like at most forums, account for about 1% of the registered users) form a small, fairly close-knit community (most of the time), there's usually not much to moderate (though we do see the occasional troublemaker who needs discipline or even banning, it's very rare). Mostly I do admin stuff (help with passwords, effect changes to the forum code, alter the allowed sizes of avatars, that sort of thing).

I wouldn't want to be a mod here, I simply would not have time for it and my hat's off to Thanos, NYCe, and JWBL for the excellent job they do as mods.

Speaking as someone who has done it, I can honestly say that, from a cost-benefit standpoint, there's no compelling reason to do it again. Much respect to anyone who can moderate the endless, petty nonsense that goes on in even the best intended of forums.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

I think the Mods do a great job here...and you can see what a thankless job it is by reading NYCe's location. People bitching for bannings, the chat is down, the flood of new members with their 'why can't I ...' questions, the slight insults that result in a blizzard of PM's complaining, flame wars that could get out of hand, threatened legal action over questionable pics, the list could continue.

NYCe, Johnny and Hollywood do an excellent job keeping a balanced approach to all this BS.

Thanks.

thanks we appreciate it !!!!

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    and every year we get shitted on...
    i hate scat. i would never do that...unless you pay me extra.

but you're right. you guys and gals don't get the appreciation you deserve.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    I think the Mods do a great job here...and you can see what a thankless job it is by reading NYCe's location. People bitching for bannings, the chat is down, the flood of new members with their 'why can't I ...' questions, the slight insults that result in a blizzard of PM's complaining, flame wars that could get out of hand, threatened legal action over questionable pics, the list could continue.

NYCe, Johnny and Hollywood do an excellent job keeping a balanced approach to all this BS.

Thanks.
    Thank you so much, that means alot

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Well, let's see...The 'perks' to being a Mod:

1. Consant aggrevation.
    2. Whining people.
    3. Bitchy people.
    4. Constant aggrevation.
    5. Loss of personal time.
    6. Loss of sleep.
    7. Personal attacks because you didn't do it their way.
    8. Constant aggrevation.
    9. No pay.
    10. Regulating imposters.
    11. "I'm leaving 'cause I'm not appreciated her!"
    12. Oh, did I mention, Constant Aggrevation!?

Feel free to add.

All of our mods, specifically JWBL, NYCe and Hollywood, do a tremendously, thankless job. They are the reason the forum hasn't burst into flames. I would not do what they "Volunteer" to do for all the tea in china. Gentlemen, thank you for the effort you put into keeping this site going. I would not blame either of you, one bit, should you decide to check out. Thanks again!

Junior Poster

To me being a moderator is like being on a Spec Ops teams. The job you do is valuable and very much neccessary. But no one can know of it. And becuase of that, No matter how great a task you accomplish, No one will ever pat you on the back....or get a handshake from the president. Its one of those things where you have to be ABSOLUTELY comfortable with YOUR very own self achievements. Moderator is very similar. You do a hella of a job that people really dont see. And MOST DO NOT wanna see.

If you are ok with the accomplishments you make in life, without the praise and applaude from others. Then I think it would be a perfect qualification to become a reason to be Moderator.

JWBL....NYCe...Etc. These are fine gentlemen. And they know it. Hell, Most of us KNOW it also! If you want an examples of the before mentioned qualities and certifications of the before mentioned topic, Start with them.

I am the type of person for which believes that WHATEVER I am apart of, I can contribute and try my damndest to help make better. I have always wanted to be a mod for the Hung Angel forum. I was always told that if ya didnt live in NYC....or go to Allanah's Party, You could pretty much hang it up. I do not know how truthful that is, prolly not much, But whatever.

If I ever do get a chance to mod here...Then kicks ass! I'm gunna do my goddamndest to make this place tolerable for me and EVERYONE else here. And If not....oh well.

Kisses,

Izzy
    xoxoxoxoxox

*sigh*