Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Will be interesting to see when the North American Union becomes a areality and those borders are legally kicked wide open.

5 Star Poster

I know about the music cartel thing, probably was something drug related.

I've been all over Mexico - I was right in the middle of the Zapatista Revolt in 93 as jouurnalist. I go to Tijuana anywhere from monthly to a few times a year (I live like 20 minutes from the border).

We kept a friends 50' sailboat in Ensenada for a winter about 3 years ago and would drive down on the weekends to go sailing. The only time I ever felt vulnerable was driving in his $150,000 Mercedes down the coast road. It was like holding out a sign saying "kidnap me."

I love Mexico City - the street robbery capital of the world I think. Guadalajara is nice, but I've never had time to explore it. I think my favorite place is San Cristobol in the winter.

I've been there as a guy and as a t-girl and 99.9% of the time you will find the people are lovely.

I also met the former President, Carols Salinas Gotari on several occasions, the one who ended up in exile in Ireland for looting the treasury. I don't mention that to people in Mexico...

Oh yeah, I forgot. When I was about 20 I sailed a boat down to Cabo. That was fun.

Giggle,
    TS Jamie

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LTR_Seeker
    well mexico always been deeply corrupt on somany levels shame we ever sharee a border with them its
    What about US and A?

Professional Poster

Default Re: What the crap Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    Washington Post reports that "a dozen pop musicians have been killed in the past year in Mexico" by drug lords. The latest victim: Sergio Gómez, a superstar with an international following.

He was kidnapped after a show, then tortured, beaten and killed.

Nearly every one of the slayings bore the hallmarks of the drug cartel hitmen blamed for 4,000 deaths in the country in the past two years.

But the savage murder of Sergio Gómez -- one of Mexico's hottest singers, a headliner whose band, K-Paz de la Sierra, commanded $100,000 a show, twice the rate of other top bands -- was different. It has set off an unprecedented chain reaction in which at least half a dozen bands have canceled concert tours. Popular bands, such as the Duranguense act Patrulla 81, which backed out of four major shows, are terrified of coming to Morelia and the surrounding state of Michoacan.

It is common knowledge in Mexico's music industry, but not known to the general public, that drug cartels finance the careers of some budding musicians, then launder money through unregulated concert ticket sales, according to industry sources, musicians and law enforcement.

Mexico is a shit hole country. Americans will be wise to not go there and even wiser if we can build a wall high enough to keep them out of our country!

well... We knew that had to pop out sooner or later.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

hey lets be honest, if some other drug gangs musician was stealing my musicians fan base.... well i think you get the idea

Professional Poster

I've seen some specials on Mexico and it's a corrupt country. Many Americans are killed there every year and the government doesn't even help looking for them.

Default Re: What the crap Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by sdman
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    Washington Post reports that "a dozen pop musicians have been killed in the past year in Mexico" by drug lords. The latest victim: Sergio Gómez, a superstar with an international following.

He was kidnapped after a show, then tortured, beaten and killed.

Nearly every one of the slayings bore the hallmarks of the drug cartel hitmen blamed for 4,000 deaths in the country in the past two years.

But the savage murder of Sergio Gómez -- one of Mexico's hottest singers, a headliner whose band, K-Paz de la Sierra, commanded $100,000 a show, twice the rate of other top bands -- was different. It has set off an unprecedented chain reaction in which at least half a dozen bands have canceled concert tours. Popular bands, such as the Duranguense act Patrulla 81, which backed out of four major shows, are terrified of coming to Morelia and the surrounding state of Michoacan.

It is common knowledge in Mexico's music industry, but not known to the general public, that drug cartels finance the careers of some budding musicians, then launder money through unregulated concert ticket sales, according to industry sources, musicians and law enforcement.

Mexico is a shit hole country. Americans will be wise to not go there and even wiser if we can build a wall high enough to keep them out of our country!
    Get used to it slick

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    well mexico always been deeply corrupt on somany levels shame we ever sharee a border with them its
    What about US and A?
    I thought the same but didn't waste time typing it because I knew nobody would answer it

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    What about US and A?
    Coroner,

It's only us. Gringos are perfect! If in doubdt look at Bush. As a democracy they voted for him....

South Of the Border... Down Mexico way!