Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for that! Don't know why I didn't get that sooner. Overthinking it I guess, as I was trying to relate it to the topic.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Platinum Poster

Dry your eyes, TINKERBELL347... :P
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

Default Re: Attack of the Internet Tough Guys

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    The question is, what can be done about it?
    I got up to there. And the solution is mass banning!

"All of us are lying in the gutter, but some of us are gazing at the stars"

Default Re: Attack of the Internet Tough Guys

Quote Originally Posted by ausbeachstyle
    The question is, what can be done about it?
    I got up to there. And the solution is mass banning!
    Are you serious?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Indeed... Don't quite know what all that means, but I suppose it means something to someone.
    That's the novel vebatum, Jack Nicholson's character was writing in "The Shining". ie JWBL's avatar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shining_195.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	101271  

Sorry I'm late. I'll be more prompt next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theshining_294.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	101272  

Rookie Poster

Me, JWBL and you have shared an internet argument (at least one), and I agree. Argueing here is nonsense. Whatsupwiththat seems to be one of the few people I have noticed that is actually able to let it just fly over his head (aside from LG) and we could all take a page from that book.

-edit- (big edit)

When I posted last week and got a lot of people riled up (my fault and I have since apologized) -It showed something unfortunate.

To date, my angry post has gotten 3706 views and 58 responses (I posted a link to my apology after the 58th). My apology post has gotten 116 views and no responses. No that anyone needs to pay attention to what I do, mind you, it just seems people are more attracted to negativity and drama than anything else.

I guess that’s just human nature.

"I never knew about winning from beginning to end, but only about not being behind in a situation."
    -Uesugi Kenshin

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun
    Me, JWBL and you have shared an internet argument (at least one), and I agree. Argueing here is nonsense. Whatsupwiththat seems to be one of the few people I have noticed that is actually able to let it just fly over his head (aside from LG) and we could all take a page from that book.
    You know, I went back and read that thread, and for the life of me, I can't see where you and I argued at all. Everything I said to you was entirely respectful, though maybe if someone else read what I said, they would take it another way. I don't see how, but I guess it's possible. Anyway, I've been really trying hard to avoid arguments these last few days, but I must admit it can be very hard at times. Old habits and all...

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun
    -edit- (big edit)

When I posted last week and got a lot of people riled up (my fault and I have since apologized) -It showed something unfortunate.

To date, my angry post has gotten 3706 views and 58 responses (I posted a link to my apology after the 58th). My apology post has gotten 116 views and no responses. No that anyone needs to pay attention to what I do, mind you, it just seems people are more attracted to negativity and drama than anything else.

I guess that’s just human nature.
    You are so right about negativity being more attractive, and I have noticed that with response to threads where heated arguments are going on, or where threads have been locked. No surprise there at all, but it is quite telling indeed.

Platinum Poster

And you are?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Sorry I'm late. I'll be more prompt next time.
    Thanks nonetheless, ezed. I don't know how I didn't put two and two together sooner, but as I said, I was looking for Kriss' comment to have something to do with the thread, and was drawing a blank. As soon as M77 mentioned JWBL's avatar, I got it. Overthinking 101.