Rookie Poster

Default Sentbox, Outbox what is the difference?

Everytime I send a pm the message goes to my outbox. Those this mean that it isn't being sent, since it's not going to sentbox. I don't know if my messages are being sent out or not. I also can't save anything to my savebox. When I try to save a message the page just refreshes and nothing happens. I don't know if my messages are being sent out or not.

As the rain meets the eye the cleansing begins, but most importantly it exposes reflections of yourself and your latent greatness.

Professional Poster

what program are you using?

Rookie Poster

I'm using this site. Trying to send private messages to other users here. Thanks

As the rain meets the eye the cleansing begins, but most importantly it exposes reflections of yourself and your latent greatness.

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express, you have to click Send/Receive to actually send the messages from your outbox, at which time they go to the sent box. In Outlook Express, you can go to Tools>Options>Send and check the "Send Messages Immediately" box if you want messages to send as soon as you click on "Send" in the message window. I'm sure there's a way to do the same in regular Outlook too. (But I don't have Outlook on this computer to figure it out)

Junior Poster

In general sentbox holds copies of email you sent. Outbox holds emails that have not been sent. Some people like to store up a bunch of emails before sending them. Good for when you are on dial up or using a mobile device that isn't always connected. Pretty much all good email programs have a send / receive command. In outlook it is send/receive in other programs it might be labled send mail, send now or something along those lines. Start look through all the commands until you find it.

No Gods, No Kings, Only man

I assume that you are using HA mail. Any message you send will be in the outbox until that person opens their mail in their on In box. Then it is transferred to your sent box. It the message is still in your outbox that person did not open it. The save box does not work for me. If there is something I want to keep outside of HA mail I simply cna copy it and paste it in my word processing program.

The system is pretty handy to let you know if a person recieved your mail or not.

Rookie Poster

Thank you very much for answering all my questions.
    Have a good one.