Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TsJennifer
    I have ADD and ADHD so life is always a party for me...lol

Jennifer Paris
    That makes two of us. When you have this type of profile, your only enemy of consequence is boredom.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by TsJennifer
    I have ADD and ADHD so life is always a party for me...lol

Jennifer Paris
    That makes two of us. When you have this type of profile, your only enemy of consequence is boredom.

-Quinn
    Exactly why I am the type of person that has to live in a place like NYC! Always something to do!
    I LOVE NYC!

Jennifer Paris

Rookie Poster

Jennifer, I can attest to your wonderful attitude, def "high on life". Every time I have seen you, you have been gracious and sweet. I suspect you are incapable of any meanness. Your best attribute is your *inner* beauty!

ant-man marching to serve the great queen..
    http://www.myspace.com/ant_man_fotos

Rookie Poster

OK, to get back on topic, I would say I partake, but do not have a problem. Tonight I will go to Divas and buy no more than three beers for myself. I get in trouble when people there buy the drinks for me!

When I was young I tried almost everything at least once. I understand what the lyrics mean "one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small". I guess it was that experimental mindset that led me to TS girls. I know I have had my share of 420, coke and cock parties, lol.

These days everything is in moderation: occassional recreational 420, a beer or two & once or twice a year I find myself at a party where someone chops a line..... but I can always stop myself whenever I want to & feel very lucky for that!

IMO the ugly monster is crystal meth. None for me, thanks. It has destroyed some of my friendships. I have been accused many times of doing things I did not, because of that drugs induced paranoia. Many people start out innocently thinking they will loose some weight & then stop, but then they don't stop... its a killer!!

ant-man marching to serve the great queen..
    http://www.myspace.com/ant_man_fotos

Junior Poster

i guess its just best i am honest, i am a drunk thats wy i am alone i know it . i am content with being a drunk all the girls i have dated in the past tell me the same thing QUIT drinking ! well alone i am with bottle in hand.
    If she was to put her hand out again i would quit but hindsight is 20/20 and i cant go back.
    as far as drugs i have tryied them all and i mean everyting , i dont use drugs anymore i grew out of that ok so if there is some good LSD i will expand my mind. but that does not happen. someday that alarm will go off in my head and i will quit drinking. till then i will be drunk , alone , dreaming of the day i meet her.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Okay reality question.

As we all know when clients come by to 'party'
    they may bring a little 'somethin-somethin' with
    them.

It may be booze, might be pot, coke, crack, E,
    poppers, etc, or the lady may have something
    on hand to enhance the experience.

So, guys, girls, do you decline, do you
    or do you ...........?

Rookie Poster

I know wayyy to many people that have problems with it. 4 of the people I work with have had DWI/DUI's in the past couple years. One of my buddies did 2 years or jail/work release for it. He's quitting, and it makes it hard for him.

Just here to meet friends

For me personally, there's no bigger turn off than someone who does drugs, in a partner, friends, employer whatever. In my mind it downgrades them as a person and turns my stomach.

Now on occasion I've been known to drink until I black out, but that's college for ya.

C'est La Vie!

Veteran Poster

Well this view maybe controversial but at least its honest, so here's my take on things.

It makes a refreshing change to see a topic that's a) serious and b) where people have discussed it intelligently with no mud slinging or similar.

I think fortunately for me I did not dabble with any chems/recreationals (As they're commonly referred to in the UK) until I was over 30, I am glad this was the case as I was mature enough by then to have studied everything I could about them and their effects and when I did try some I would always take in moderation. Moderation is the key word for me, and as it happened after some experiementation I guess you would call it, I hated almost all of them except for E which I will take on special ocasions. I take for fun, not because I feel there is anything missing from my life or such and such, and didn't experiment in the first place for any other reason than I wanted to try. I am not big into alchohol (Birthdays and Xmas and never beer or larger) and I rarely smoke, so that is my party stimulant of choice if there is going to be anything.

I have the same view about most chems, but not injecting, crack or meth which I think are total no no's for anyone. Like I said before its all about moderation, some people can handle the ocasional drink and some people cannot, its the same with drugs and smoking, all three of them can be addictive. Sometimes it depends alot on a persons strenght of character and to what else is happening in there life, if it will develop into an addiction, and I don't deny addiction is a major problem for alot of people. I have certainly met enough and work with plenty of addicts, but I don't have a problem with someone wanting the ocasional joint or pill at a party, as long as they can handle it. Of course for some people that is easier said than done. My brother for example, last time I saw him, couldn't get through the day without 5 or 6 joints which was a terrible shame. Another work colleague of mine has the ocasional one at the weekend now and then and she is one of the most focused and driven people I know and she has been that way for years.

I don't think if someone drinks or does drugs, they can be labelled an addict and many people often seem in a hurry to do that, on the other hand, I will fully acknowledge that there is a fine line between ocasional recreational use and becoming an addict and not one that everyone should tread.

I also suspect if I had tried drugs at a younger age when I was not so wise to the many ways of the world, they may well have become a problem for me then.

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

If there is a friend or family member that you feel comfortable talking with and that you trust, perhaps you might want to discuss the things that are troubling you.

Also, you may take comfort in knowing that all us of have varying degrees of depression from time to time. Usually these episodes are short-lived, but if they are long in duration, then professional help may be called for.

Finally, the interesting thing about drugs and alcohol is that initially they can make us feel better about our problems. However depending on these substances for that purpose, may lead to a larger problem than the ones we were trying to solve. Alcohol is a depressant that slows brain activity down. While one or two drinks makes most people feel relaxed, more alcohol may cause feelings of anxiety, depression, and often aggression, thus alcohol may not be the best drug of choice to cope with depression.

There are many site discussing alcohol, but this is a quick read:

http://www.radford.edu/~kcastleb/affect.html

Transgenders And Depression:

http://www.firelily.com/gender/gianna/depression.html

General depression help:

http://psychcentral.com/library/topic24.html

I hope that this is helpful.