Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 300

I just saw 300 today! I enjoyed the film. It was a very creative cinematic endeavor. A violent opera. I'm curious to hear what others thought of the film.

Veteran Poster

Awesome MOVIE just saw it, was really good

I'm amazed that this thread hasn't already become a forum for all that 'homoerotic subtext' stuff. That's pretty refreshing.

But I have to admit that I read a hysterical review today that takes the premise and runs with it. And it's really, really hilarious that one of the Spartans ridicules Athenians as being "boy lovers." Wasn't a veteran "adopting" an adolescent recruit as an apprentice/love slave standard stuff in Sparta? And while the men were away, weren't the women encouraged to play?

The review, 'leather Speedos' and all:
    http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2007/03/09/300/

I liked it for what it was, arresting visuals and great action.

Every movie can't fit in the same mold, so while this may have been slightly vapid, depending on your interpretation of it, it still held my interest for 2 hours slow motion booming music and all.

C'est La Vie!

Junior Poster

Ironhead, I agree fully. I'm old enough to remember that one of my favorite movies as a kid was "The 300 Spartans". A real old time sword and sandals epic, but a reasonably straightforward recount of the battle at the hot gates.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    I'm amazed that this thread hasn't already become a forum for all that 'homoerotic subtext' stuff. That's pretty refreshing.

But I have to admit that I read a hysterical review today that takes the premise and runs with it. And it's really, really hilarious that one of the Spartans ridicules Athenians as being "boy lovers." Wasn't a veteran "adopting" an adolescent recruit as an apprentice/love slave standard stuff in Sparta? And while the men were away, weren't the women encouraged to play?

The review, 'leather Speedos' and all:
    http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2007/03/09/300/
    300 was based off of a comic book series by Frank Miller. It's a loose interpretation of the actual events. Good entertainment though.

I liked it. I didn't go into it with any expectations, and was entertained for 2 hours. Worth my $7

Quote Originally Posted by Devon
    I liked it. I didn't go into it with any expectations, and was entertained for 2 hours. Worth my $7
    I didn't have any expectations for this film as well, and I think my $5.00 was well spent.

I thought it was the sequel to Kingpin? LOL

meow

FK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingpin_560.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	85406  

Im well pleased most of you liked it.. after crayons' post was a bit dubious....... well excited again now though....thx!

Trailer looks well good.. going to see it this weeked....

:O)
    xx