Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Yeah, Flighty, everyone on the internet has a post-grad degree in whatever they happen to be discussing at the time. I don't recall you asking any "pertinent economic questions," I recall you calling me names and dismissing me as an asshole.

"Cannon fodder" seems a lot like hyperbole to me, Stavros. It was less than a decade ago that gays and transsexuals had no rights at all. A slight rollback during the subsequent Republican administration doesn't make them cannon fodder, it was quite anticipated. My point is simply that it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

People who talk about human rights as if they are an entitlement lack perspective. If you ever happen to find yourself at odds with the U.S. Government or an agent thereof, you'll find out exactly how many human rights you don't have.

Everything is a negotiation, Stavros, including our "rights," which can all be taken away instantly at the whim of someone with enough power.

I agree with you that the religious right is a problem. But it's our problem, we live in a country which was built by Christians. They are still the most powerful political force in the country and therefore on the planet. They don't get everything they want, but they will be catered to for their voting power, and that's just the way it is. Might not always be that way, but that's how it is now. Again, that's realpolitik - which is nothing more than accepting reality and dealing with it pragmatically instead of idealistically.
    Well, it's kinda sad that you think transgender folks have any rights anymore, specially at this point.

Your ignorance clearly shows on trans-rights the way you minimize or see it as something SO minuscule by using words like "A slight rollback" "that a couple of token actions against them is a small price to pay" when you simply don't see the bigger problem and the discrimination they are up against today specifically the trans-community. You speak as it is no biggy since it doesn't affect you personally and like it's a matter a fact that it's no big problem. Have you experience to live life with a trans-folk on daily basis ? or faced discrimination ? It appears to me that you don't face discrimination of any sort from the way you speak. Can you show how it's no big problem to you ?

When you take federal protections against trans-folks such as employment, health insurance and etc it is a big deal a huge one/s. What's next ? For what's next for this Administration it won't be a surprise but I do question why is there a primal focus on this community aside from responding to their base when US has bigger issues to fry.

Your replies are nothing but based on ideology and opinion not on facts or statistics. At this point, I think you might be trolling half of the time but I don't doubt trump is your GOD, oops I meant the devil, since you have a preference for the bad guy. Just remember we are in the belly of the beast yo, no ones truly safe.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.
    Last edited by johncock0; 05-22-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    Right wingers have a bathroom fetish.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

The thing is some may see this as a "small roll back" until it isn't Once certain people start having rights taken away it then becomes a lot easier to apply it to other people over and over again until the only people who have rights are those who agree 100% with the one in power

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Normally if I say I'm done with a thread, I'm actually done with it.
    This must be the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

People who talk about human rights as if they are an entitlement lack perspective.

Everything is a negotiation, Stavros, including our "rights," which can all be taken away instantly at the whim of someone with enough power.
    I guess these guys were just another bunch of wrong-headed idealists then? http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

I just find it very difficult to accept that some grown people don't recognize the ebb and flow of American politics.

This was always going to happen, as soon as Americans elected a Republican administration. Republicans are not your friends. They are businessmen with law degrees who know how to make a nation prosper economically. They are put into office by an un-defeatable combination of three voting blocs after every Democratic administration. Those blocs are the religious right and the wealthy - on whom they can always rely - and the necessary swing-vote, the Change vote.

There's a price to pay for the prosperity the Republicans bring. While they are in office they will do everything possible to take care of their voting base. They'll do things most people consider morally reprehensible. They will cater to the religious right and the wealthy, because they know they will need them next time the cycle repeats itself.

Likewise with the Democrats. After every Republican administration, the Democrats will win with their voting base, combined with the always-necessary Change vote. Like the Republicans, they will do everything in their power to take care of their voting base, because they will likewise need them next time the cycle repeats.

And on and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows. The balance is what makes America the greatest country in the world.

All this outrage seems like people who went to a cookout and are surprised to find out there are hot dogs there.

I mean jeezus, wait a few years, folks. It's not your time right now.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Republicans are not your friends. They are businessmen with law degrees who know how to make a nation prosper economically.
    Evidence?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gdpgrowthprez.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	1075965

You forgot the other Republican voting bloc, by the way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 05-23-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Evidence?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gdpgrowthprez.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	1075965

You forgot the other Republican voting bloc, by the way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
    Tell the truth, Flighty - what grade are you in?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Tell the truth, Flighty - what grade are you in?
    I'll take that as "No, I have no evidence for my claim".

I asked earlier if you were really a satirical character, but it seems that you have actually based yourself on an existing satirical character, Dr Pangloss: "All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds."
    https://www.shmoop.com/candide/dr-pangloss.html

Last edited by filghy2; 05-23-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I'll take that as "No, I have no evidence for my claim".

I asked earlier if you were really a satirical character, but it seems that you have actually based yourself on an existing satirical character, Dr Pangloss: "All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds."
    https://www.shmoop.com/candide/dr-pangloss.html
    Well at least we're not arguing. For us to be arguing, you'd have to make a counter-argument. And if we're not arguing, we must be in full agreement.

Have a good night, friend Flighty.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Well at least we're not arguing. For us to be arguing, you'd have to make a counter-argument. And if we're not arguing, we must be in full agreement.
    Which part of the chart I posted did you not understand? Here, I'll even do the maths for you - Democrat average 3.8% growth, Republican average 2.9% growth.

Perhaps you just need some tips on the art of argument. http://www.montypython.net/scripts/argument.php