...any signs of VENOM in the trailer ?
    SANDMAN is cool villain and both the audience and director
    should have fun with his powers.
    But the odd, dark, wildish character of Venom should
    draw the most attention.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Comix, graphic novels, and manga, oh my

Quote Originally Posted by cogent
    I don't collect comics, per se, but I do have a number of comics, graphic novels, and manga I've accumlated over the years. Alan Moore is a favorite, especially his now timely V for Vendetta. (At the risk of being a heretic, I prefer the film over the original graphic novel.) Manga-wise, I love Appleseed and, of course, Akira.
    Akira is a legendary japanimation film within itself.
    A true classic.
    Some more of my japanimation favorites are:

Ninja Scroll
    Vampire Hunter D
    Demon City Shijuku
    Baoh
    Devil Man
    Fist of the North Star
    Battle Angel
    Battle Royal High School
    Doomed Megalopolis
    Grappler Baki
    3 x 3 Eyes
    Hellsing: the series
    Wicked City
    Record of Lodoss War
    Shadow Skill
    Tekken
    Curse of Yoma
    Legend of the Overfiend
    Devil Lady

Professional Poster

The Spiderman movie looks like the origin of the symbiote suit. It'll probably end with Eddie Brock finding the suit though, which will leave an opening for Spiderman 4.

I have most of the original Image lineup #1's. DC's Vertigo had some good stories though especially with the Invisibles and Sandman and later Transmetropolitan. I stopped buying in the mid-nineties.

Stilles, what's good right now though?

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Comic Books

Personally I love just about all comics..but prefer the Marvel and DC superhero comics....

Iron Man is always the fav of mine....check out the cool little video that came out on DVD.....it was good to see the character get some play....

Iron Man, Star Trek, the US space program and other influences, including comics made me more interested in the sciences.....and computers ...so Ill always have a soft spot for comics and things like that that stimulate imagination

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    Anyone here collect comics or read any comics besides me and Hollywood?

Grow your own dope, plant a republican!

Intelligent conversation with Conservatives is bound to fail because they are always ready to defend their most precious possession -- their incredible ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    The Spiderman movie looks like the origin of the symbiote suit. It'll probably end with Eddie Brock finding the suit though, which will leave an opening for Spiderman 4.

I have most of the original Image lineup #1's. DC's Vertigo had some good stories though especially with the Invisibles and Sandman and later Transmetropolitan. I stopped buying in the mid-nineties.

Fables, 100 Bullets, Desolation Jones, Blue Beetle, Ex Machina, Spiderman Reign, Gotham Central, Sleeper, Criminal, Invincible, Walking Dead, 100%, Heavy Liquid, Batman Year 100, Pride of Baghdad, The Fountain, Blankets, Y: The Last Man, DMZ, Kickback, It's a Bird..., Planetary, Astonishing X-Men to name a few.

No matter what the rest of the market is doing, there's always good stuff out there, you just have to root around for it, whether they're ongoings or mini series collect TBS graphic novels whatever...

C'est La Vie!

stillies77

Daredevil is definately the best book out right now...that and astonishing X-men have never disappointed me...i can honestly say right now...i have NEVER read a bad daredevil book...Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome too...52 is great too.

I love amazing spider-man and civil war...i just dont like where and how its all going to end...i hate marvels EIC let it be known haha

Rookie Poster

i geeked out when i realized that feb 21st is next wednesday...which means Civil War 7! W00t!

WTF is up with Grant Morrison's run on Batman so far? Its not nearly as good as it should be. His first arc was bleh...and then he took a 3 month break...now he comes back with Batman 663 which is more of a novel than a comic...terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaSylo
    i geeked out when i realized that feb 21st is next wednesday...which means Civil War 7! W00t!

WTF is up with Grant Morrison's run on Batman so far? Its not nearly as good as it should be. His first arc was bleh...and then he took a 3 month break...now he comes back with Batman 663 which is more of a novel than a comic...terrible.
    I liked 663, it was out there, but I liked it - though I'll admit his run hasn't been all that great - did dig the ninja manbats however.

C'est La Vie!

Civil war is not over yet? my poor wallet.

I really need to catch up. 1+ years behind. still not read identity crisis.. what was before that then after?

Need to start making a list

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77

Daredevil is definately the best book out right now...that and astonishing X-men have never disappointed me...i can honestly say right now...i have NEVER read a bad daredevil book...Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome too...52 is great too.

I love amazing spider-man and civil war...i just dont like where and how its all going to end...i hate marvels EIC let it be known haha
    DD is up there, it isn't the best book out right now, maybe the best book from Marvel though surprisingly enough X-Factor tops it for me (never thought I'd be saying that, as I usually avoid that type of book)

Brubaker and Lark (dream team) really picked up the ball after Bendis and Maleev left, I didn;t know if it would maintain the flow but they did, and after last issue it seems they're finally ready to do their own thing because they wrapped up loose ends from the Bendis era.

C'est La Vie!