Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smog Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon
    thats xbox for ya
    I've had a few X360's brake down, but jeez, Microsoft go out of their way to fix the problem. Xbox rules!
    Out of their way? Sure, if you're still under warranty. Just be glad it's not your PS3 that broke down. I don't know how things are THIS generation, but last generation with the PS2, Sony was making people PAY EXTRA to get their consoles fixed or replaced even if they were under warranty.

Veteran Poster

I have a 5 year old PS2 and the only problems I ever have are the laser drive teeth getting flipped out of the drive screw. Since i'm out of warranty anyway I crack that baby open and fix iy myself.

Rookie Poster

I never had any problems with my PS2, I had on of the first ones to come out in 2000 and that only broke last year. I never had any problems playing games or dvds on it. That console has my respect lol.

As for XBOX 360, aahhhh! Sometimes I just want to launch it through my window. Sometimes it wont play dvds even if they're new and I have had the blue screen of death on occasion. But it does have some awsome games, that will change when the PS3 is Launched in Europe - Cant wait

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon
    thats xbox for ya
    I've had a few X360's brake down, but jeez, Microsoft go out of their way to fix the problem. Xbox rules!
    Out of their way? Sure, if you're still under warranty. Just be glad it's not your PS3 that broke down. I don't know how things are THIS generation, but last generation with the PS2, Sony was making people PAY EXTRA to get their consoles fixed or replaced even if they were under warranty.
    Oops! I meant to say under warranty. If I had a PS3 that broke down I'd head on down to a Sony shop and KILL EVERYONE!!!!!

On a lighter note, I'm waiting for the rumoured Diablo III.

its kind of a given that if u buy a brand spanking new console, get a protection plan for it...its 20 more bucks outta your pocket and if the thing breaks down within a year, you can get a new one for free

I too am a gamer. I stick with PC games though. Totally addicted to WoW--(64 troll shaman). Also like to play CoD2, Counter Stike, Half Life 2 and FEAR.
    Would love to get a ps3, but figure i'll wait till the price comes down a bit

well i am a retrogamer. i have ps1&2, nintendo gameboy, sega saturn and i kept my old 486 pc for adventures like Indiana Jones or days of the tentacle oh and simulations ( i even have got SIMFARM, where u can be a farmers boy! lol

anyways, i lost interest in the current wave of consoles and games, mainly because theres no new idea coming with games any more. its just slightly upgraded versions of already existing things. been there, done that. i rather go out and meet people or go to the movies.

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

I tend to give all my old consoles away,just given my bro my old xbox with 80 games.right now i have a 360 with firmware upgrade so thats the games taken care of.I've been playing gears of war since it came out and it totally rocks, the online play is great.I really love this game and xbox live.
    I cant wait for bioshock and army of two to be released hope they turn out to be as good as gears but i doubt it,look at all the hype lost planet got and it turned out to be pants.
    Catch you guys on Live

Rookie Poster

Not been a post in a while so...

I've not played on any retro consoles for years, I think the last one I played on was a Megadrive (Genesis USA) and I played streeets of rage lol.

I might have to grab myself one in a few weeks.

Funny you like gears, I think that game is a pile. It had me excited for the first day until I got to the final boss, thinking I was maybe a quarter into the game, but no, it was in fact over.

Then comes the sorry online mode, no team support, run in a straight line 4 on 4, fire away, match over. Really one of the most dissapointing games ive played. Oddly enough I thought lost planet was alot better than gears

But of course neither comes close to halo... and even fight night round 3 for that matter.

SHOOT IT!