Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: CNN to pull plug on Piers Morgan show

If as steven says and the news now seems to suggest it was his stand against the gun lobby that got him fired (excuse the pun) then this is a cowardly and disgusting act by CNN. I would suggest people boycott a station that is cowed by the gun lobby. Disgusting.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Boycott CNN? I think that's already occurring.

CNN Ratings Plunge To Near-Record Lows

The Huffington Post | by Jack Mirkinson

Posted: 01/28/2014 4:02 pm EST Updated: 01/28/2014 4:59 pm EST
    Print Article

More:

Cable News Ratings CNN Ratings MSNBC Ratings CNN Media News

January 2014 was not a month to remember for CNN.
    The network is in rebuilding mode, trying to push away from its traditional reliance on breaking news. So it's perhaps not surprising that its ratings are not at their most robust. Even so, the numbers are stinging: as the Hollywood Reporter and TVNewser noted, it was CNN's third-worst ratings month in its history. CNN lost 39% of its total primetime audience from the same month in 2013, and 35% of its primetime audience in the coveted A25-54 demo.
    Arch-rival MSNBC also saw its ratings fall from 2013, but not nearly as much as CNN did. (It dropped just 2% in the primetime demo, for instance.) It landed in second place in all categories in both total day and primetime. Fox News, meanwhile, saw its ratings grow from January 2013, though they fell by 1% in the primetime demo category. As ever, it retained its comfortable first place lead.
    One big winner for the month: Chris Matthews, whose move to 7 PM netted him his best-ever ratings in the demo.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    If as steven says and the news now seems to suggest it was his stand against the gun lobby that got him fired (excuse the pun) then this is a cowardly and disgusting act by CNN. I would suggest people boycott a station that is cowed by the gun lobby. Disgusting.
    The gun lobby didn't, and probably couldn't, get him fired. He had poor ratings. It's as simple as that.

You can prance around stage with a foam finger and pretend to have sex with a teddy bear. If people watch it, then you get ratings, and that's all that matters.

I'm not familiar with much of his work, started watching him during the George Zimmerman trial.

He may have been a good interviewer on other subjects, but on gun control, he was awful. It wasn't a discussion. Emotions took over and his interviews were just rants.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

And the resume highlight that earned Morgan this CNN prime time job.........wait for it............He was a judge on the British version of American Idol. No wonder CNN's ratings are heading down the toilet.

Gold Poster

Success seems so random in opinion news. I wonder if people didn't like watching Piers because they thought as a British expatriate he was an outsider...this only added to the gun culture clash.

CNN has trouble getting ratings to begin with, and the only reason Larry King lasted so long is because people were comfortable with what they were going to get with him: boring interviews of famous people.

I hardly watch opinion news because I find it easier and more convenient to get it in print form, but he seemed a lot more useful than the guys on Fox and MSNBC. But that's not really the barometer of success on these cult of personality type shows.

Junior Poster

Who??

Don't let the door......

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer View Post
    Who??

Don't let the door......
    Be kinda nifty to wedge his head in a car door then holler at him slamming the door after every word.

AT

LEAST

I

DIDN'T

USE

A

GUN!

HAPPY?

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Simon Cowell, Pierce Morgan, Sharon Ousborne,etc, all given the axe...... America is finally standing up to the British Invasion. Not a minute too soon. It is the war of 1812 all over again.

May God bless America and NO other place....

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad

He will not be missed.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

This thread is a brutal burial and pissing on a grave. Morgan's problem with me is he came off as a condescending unlikeable prick way even before the CNN show. He never gave me a reason to show any positive interest. He failed. No heart strings to pull or boogeymen to point at. Boo-Hoo-Freaking-Hoo and nuts to that noise while yer at it.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.