Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: When the hell did fat shaming become such a NO NO!

Quote Originally Posted by tsmirandameadows View Post
    In fairness, being overweight is usually a result of a complex pattern of learned behaviors, and thus getting back to a healthy weight means disentangling those behaviors and modifying them. In that respect, it's not an easy task. That said, the fundamentals of weight loss/gain are VERY straightforward, and the principle steps of exercising regularly and eating fewer calories are not particularly hard.
    Actually not really, there are many factors at play, including genetics. Straightforward methods work for some people but sometimes the body has a set bf % ratio to lbm that it will maintain and ultimately hormone levels will make it impossible to use the straightforward method.

I actually hate looking fat T-Girls, Girls and Guys... and even fit when they have those ass implants what seems to be like half a football inserted under skin... it look just ugly

My favourite thread in here is Hardbodied T-Girls

It's understandable that some t-girls have more work than usual guy when she's in hormones and testosterone level's are 0. It's not easy but if U' want to stay in shape it's not impossible..

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

She's big boned...Got those big fat bones in her arse!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

We all love a little Miss Meadows. Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lordworm View Post
    Actually not really, there are many factors at play, including genetics. Straightforward methods work for some people but sometimes the body has a set bf % ratio to lbm that it will maintain and ultimately hormone levels will make it impossible to use the straightforward method.
    Yes and no. I don't discount that some people have certain factors, such as genetics or disease, which make it difficult to lose weight. But the simple reality is that sedentary work environments and lifestyles, coupled with abundance of high calorie, addicting foods is to blame for most people's weight problems, not hormones or something of that nature. Even if one does have a condition which makes it harder to lose weight or keep it off, the fundamental arithmetic doesn't change: your body stores excess kCal consumption as body fat, at a rate of about 1lb of fat for every 3500 surplus kCals.

Losing weight is simply a matter of creating a kCal deficit, no more no less. Again, some people have conditions which reduce the number of kCals their bodies need to function, which in turn makes achieving that kCal deficit harder and stumbling into a kCal surplus easier. Likewise, the more body mass you have, the more kCals your body needs to sustain it, and conversely the less mass, the less calories, so past certain points it becomes more difficult to create a sufficient kCal deficit or surplus for continued weight loss or gain. BUT, it's still the kCal surplus which causes weight gain, not glandular magic or hormones -- certain endocrine profiles just reduce your baseline caloric needs, that's all.

The point of this is that weight gain/loss is a function of calorie intake versus calorie needs. Both of those input variables are subject to adjustment through behavior modification. Ultimately then, the largest barrier to weight loss/gain for most people isn't their physiology, which admittedly can make loss/gain more difficult, but the psychology of changing their behavior. Behavior change is a terribly difficult process, and THAT is the impediment, where as having an endocrine profile which reduces your baseline kCal needs by 150 kCals/day can be overcome by simply no longer having the can of Coke you like to drink with your lunch each day. Such a change is simple, except when it means changing a habitual behavior -- that's the hard part.

Eternal optimist Junior Poster beatlephil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Considering how I look, I'm in no position to judge ANYONE on their looks. For folks seriously overweight, I DO worry about their health...but I'm to nice to say their overweight to their face.

I do love a bit of thickness though. See the three young ladies below. None of them are a size 2, but goddammit they're still very attractive to me.
    Ditto. I've yet to read a post from a guy who claims to prefer only thin ladies because they like feeling her bones in her ribcage and arms whenever holding them close. I'm far more particular about a woman's height because I like tall, full-figured ladies with some heft so I'll had someone warm and soft to cuddle up with. Now that's the way to spend a cool evening.

beatlephil

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

As long as youre healthy thats all that should matter.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    As long as youre healthy thats all that should matter.
    As long as they're healthy AND happy.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

in a society that preaches acceptance, fat girls are just feeling empowered and not going to let anyone make them feel bad about themselves, which is why they are full of themselves. also, that said, there is someone for everyone so that they can attract a mate that likes more cushion means that they don't really need about being shamed for being fat. the bitchy attitude a fat girl may have is really no different to me than a bitchy attitude a hot skinny girl may have. neither is deserved or warranted and neither girl will have my attention or respect.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Rookie Poster

As always Miranda speaks the truth in her clear scientific analysis. We can't change our race or height or various congenital deformities. But we can reduce or grow our soft tissues - fat and muscle. Neural physiologists have even shown we can change our brain tissue through long hours of meditation practice. Our food culture is still based on a midwestern farm diet - dairy, fatty meats, grains - without the farm work to burn it off. If we're going to sit in front of computer terminals all day we've got to cut back on the sugar and carbos and fatty meats and most dairy or we're going to work our way back to the fattest nation in the world. We slipped to #2 this year behind Mexico. If there wasn't a certain amount of societal shame in being fat how much more obese would we be as a nation.

They do it with mirrors.

Professional Poster

The problem is of course that being thin is a relatively new fad and the actual evidence indicates that it may not be the healthy thing it has been portrayed as.

Traditionally through history being slightly heavier has been healthier. The average life span is higher than countries where people are thinner.

It's not that long ago Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol and she was a size 16. Look at the women up to the mid 60's and they were curvier.

Obviously being morbidly obese isn't good but what is described as fat by some people really isn't.