Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: David Suzuki's Warnning: Bye Bye Japan? (Fukushima)

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    The question remains, “Can nuclear ever offer us a clean, ecologically safe source of power to supplement gravity, wind, solar and geothermal? One thing I think we need to remember is this: whatever the source, if a given plant is providing enough power to sustain a city, the consequences of an accident can be catastrophic.
    Both points are valid. I lived through the period when most power in the UK was generated by coal, and the miners decided to strike for winter and block delivery of coal to generation stations.

I'm in favour of balanced rather than monopoly.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Indeed we did drop the bomb on ourselves. But it was when we were still homophobes so God stepped in and saved us.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...ked_north.html

An aside on the dderick's anti-suzuki vid. I'm no big fan of Suzuki as you can already tell. But the vid is as full as shit as it claims suzuki is. E.g. averaged over ten year periods, there is no hiatus in global warming...see for example http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...ause_nope.html
    You're truly an idiot, arguing about whether the Japan reactor isn't profoundly dangerous by character assasination and global warming comparisons?

You can be an anonymous shit juggler, but there are dozens of experts who have and continue to warn about the dangers of Fukishima. Take your head out of your ass.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I may be truly an idiot, but I didn't claim and am not claiming the Fukushima Daiichi plant "isn't profoundly dangerous." I am more inclined to agree with Dr. Mycle Schneider and Suzuki than with TEPCO on this specific issue. See for example my most recent post #30.

What idiot who composed that post (#30) does question is whether there isn't a place (perhaps a necessary one) in our future for nuclear power in one form or another.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

One proof of my idiocy is leaving out the article "the" in to front of the second "idiot" in my last post. But perhaps more damning is that I didn't take a stand one way or the other on the Fukushima plant until rather late in the thread. Partly because, even though the dangers posed to Japan's ground water and their coastal towns and industries is horribly clear, the risk of contamination for further away neighbors like California, to me, is not nearly as clear. But I do not think the anxiety over such possible risks is laughable or misplaced and I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Trish? Don't feed the trolls. He blasts you for character assassination while simultaneously doing the exact same thing to you. That's pretty much the definition of a troll and a hypocrite ...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.