Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Shocking is all I can say about the last episode!

Member Rookie Poster

Yeah, I didn't have the benefit of reading the books, but this episode was riveting for the amount of clues that were thrown at us that just didn't quite add up until it was too late. They just did a piece on the morning news show videotaping peoples reaction to it.People are traumatized!

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

I stared at the TV with my mouth open for 5minutes after the Starks were butchered. It still was a great scene one of the best I've seen.

Interestingly enough,from what I remember from the books...Robb's wife doesn't get killed. Her personality and name were different...and so were the circumstances of their marriage....somewhat. Her character mostly exists as almost a side note. Robb Stark married her too easily.He didn't seem to understand the importance of a promise of marriage to another family. It's called sacrifice.How can you be willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands of people to die on the battlefield for you...but you can't make a small sacrifice in your personal life? There are rules to follow in nobility. His mother understood this only too well...Robb was a good man, but also a bit of a fool.

On another note - David Bradley (I had to look his name up)- was an excellent Walder Frey.

People should get used to this. It's a brutal land with a brutal people. People do what they have to and the line between good and evil isn't always so clear cut.

Professional Poster

Gotta love Game of Thrones - nobody is truly 100% good - although some a truly evil and dead well it's a bit like the Princess Bride - sometimes they are only mostly dead.

One thing people might want to take a look at is the temple of the 7 at Kings Landing - it's surprisingly enlightening if you look at it the right way.

Go the Lannisters - you incest loving, whore crossbowing, cousin strangling, king slaying, patricidal bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
    Gotta love Game of Thrones - nobody is truly 100% good - although some a truly evil and dead well it's a bit like the Princess Bride - sometimes they are only mostly dead.

One thing people might want to take a look at is the temple of the 7 at Kings Landing - it's surprisingly enlightening if you look at it the right way.

Go the Lannisters - you incest loving, whore crossbowing, cousin strangling, king slaying, patricidal bastards!
    Well put!

..and always remember -

Winter is coming.

That last episode was amazing.

The Roose is on the loose!

Yikes! That came outta left field and knocked me for a loop, too. Tho, looking back now, I see I should have been ready for it. Just glad they left my favorite of all the great characters still breathing...can't wait to see Arya make good on her promise to the Hound

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Member Rookie Poster

I hated, HATED!! this last Stark slaying episode.. never liked the whole starks good-people story, (except Jon Snow, who is super hot btw!!! ) , but I hate violence , and this was way to much for me to handle...

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Have the first 2 seasons on dvd.
    House Stark ftw