Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default NYC To Ban Cooking Oils

They were given an inch, now they are attempting to take the mile.

NYC health officials are now considering a ban on. . . artificial trans fatty oils. I'm not making this up:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1159...googlenews_wsj

First the ban on smoking in public, now this. If it passes I'm sure it will spread to other cities/states. Thank God all these people are out there looking out for our best interests. I can't wait to see what they try and regulate next.

Yes, this is crazy, but for me the all-time example of retardation was New Jersey's so-called Runny Egg Law. Then again, it was New Jersey, so why should I be surprised?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

They're regulating cigarrettes and cooking oils now, but their ultimate goal is to regulate wages through wealth-transfer schemes like minimum wage laws and luxury taxes.

Their power-hunger is enourmous.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    They're regulating cigarrettes and cooking oils now, but their ultimate goal is to regulate wages through wealth-transfer schemes like minimum wage laws and luxury taxes.

Their power-hunger is enourmous.
    Yeah, yeah, if there is certainly a dearth of anything in this country, it's millionaires and billionaires. We don't have enough of our fellow American citizens on the streets or without healthcare, etc ...

If a country's greatness is measured by how it treats the citizens on its lowest economic rungs, then by that measure this country has failed miserably (Think of those without healthcare, Katrina, etc.).

A hilarious coincidence (well, mildly amusing at least):

I was just talking to someone about this topic and she said "Some guys just wrote a book about all the stupid laws in the US, they went around the country finding dumb laws and breaking them. The just published a book about it."

So I say, "Huh, that's an interesting idea I guess". Then she points out that they got the idea from "some stupid law in New Jersey", but she couldn't remember what it was.

Now I guess I know. The Runny Egg Law, I'm betting. Good call Quinn.

So I say, "Huh, that's an interesting idea I guess". Then she points out that they got the idea from "some stupid law in New Jersey", but she couldn't remember what it was.
    Damn. My bet would have been on the lack of a sturdy incest law.

You can't pimp your own gas in Joisey, but you can pump your sister.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Damn. My bet would have been on the lack of a sturdy incest law.

You can't pimp your own gas in Joisey, but you can pump your sister.
    Incest is legal in New Jersey? Yikes. Maybe those guys will write another book, this time finding legal loop holes to take advantage of instead of crazy laws to break.

I'm not advocating it, because I really don't want to read the "I fucked my sister in Jersey!" chapter.

Well. . . unless one of the guys has a really hot sister, of course. . .

*Shreik!*

Did I really type "pimp" your own gas? I meant "pump", but the meaning got through.

Yah, last I heard the statutory law in Joisey was lacking in some respects. Of course, in 1932, the legal age of consent in Delawhere was 8, which answers a lot of questions about that state.

I was raised in Massachusetts (Massivetwoshits) and was amazed at the number of guys I knew that would say "A virgin? Really? I thought you had sisters!". Scary, scary reality.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Default ---

The ban makes sense. Trans fats are poison. Cigarettes should be outlawed, period.

Professional Poster

did i get this right??? Is Incest legal in New Jersey?
    And should the legal age of consent in Delawhere bee 8 ??
    I realy hope i have missunderstand this beacause its sound totaly weard.