Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: truthers;Grandfather who comforted Sandy Hook Elementary kids says 'truthers' are

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    So your quibble is that he is given too much credit and not that he's been harassed for no reason? I don't see how someone else's heroism detracts from his actions or justifies his mistreatment.

So let me see, Victoria Soto shielded students from bullets and you did nothing?
    Try to follow the sequence of posts...my quibble was with the medias use of the word "hero".

Gold Poster

Default Re: truthers;Grandfather who comforted Sandy Hook Elementary kids says 'truthers' are

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Try to follow the sequence of posts...my quibble was with the medias use of the word "hero".
    It's hard to follow because there's not much relevant there. It seems like bitterness that you would choose to quibble over how Huffington Post or any individual outlet chooses to refer to a kindly man who tries to help out children in a crisis. You also insinuate that his actions were exploitative and that he was an attention seeker.

I'm glad you don't support the conspiracy theorists, you just provide cover for their harassment of an elderly man who happened to help out some children.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

It was the element of the story that Mr Rosen is vitually being threatened that interested me... particularly explicit references to his Jewish identity. I don't find this surprising. A newspaper in upstate New york that published a list of gun owners in the area (a controversial move to be sure) has recently had death threats, the addresses of its staff and owners posted online by extreme right wing groups with details about how safe and protected their homes are. So a few radical rightwingers claiming that this is a government conspiracy is not so far fetched. All that blather about black helicopters and the UN preparing to take over America comes from the same mentally diseased sources.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    It's hard to follow because there's not much relevant there. It seems like bitterness that you would choose to quibble over how Huffington Post or any individual outlet chooses to refer to a kindly man who tries to help out children in a crisis. You also insinuate that his actions were exploitative and that he was an attention seeker.

I'm glad you don't support the conspiracy theorists, you just provide cover for their harassment of an elderly man who happened to help out some children.
    well it annoys me..lol.
    News media do that all the time.

Also, I'm not insinuating anything...for the record I'm coming right out and saying it - same as I did when his story came out in real time: http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...t=73100&page=5

I did,and still do, feel that he was an attention seeker. At the time I even had extreme reservations about whether any of his personal story ever took place at all. But hey, no harm done...his story (factual or not) would've just disappeared over time like most personal stories do....except the government conspiracy assholes brought it right back out again.

Maybe other people,maybe even in his own town, questioned his story...couldn't just let it drop...and it grew legs. Doubt attracted hate...and with it - the eventual psychos. Unfortunately,that is one of the drawbacks of online networking...haters and bullies can come together.

Gold Poster

No harm no foul Fred. I do see your point. The harassment of him is obnoxious in its own right but there is something a bit eccentric about the guy even if I think he's mostly innocent.