Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Leonard Cohen is off my bucketlist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    You mean the 50% who are still alive?

BTW, Pete Townshend has just published his autobiography in the UK to very good reviews. Apparently it's searingly honest and his views on rock excess are pretty interesting.
    Yes, I guess that would be Duophenia then, wouldn't it? They do have Ringo Starr's son as their drummer, though. Townshend's book was just released over here as well. I definitely plan to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Yes, I guess that would be Duophenia then, wouldn't it? They do have Ringo Starr's son as their drummer, though. Townshend's book was just released over here as well. I definitely plan to pick it up.
    I quite fancy the Townshend book too, but as a Neil Young nut, I'm more than tempted to get his autobiography.

As for bucket lists, I'll never fulfil the top one on mine, to see The Band live with the original line-up. Only Garth and Robbie left now.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I've seen The Who twice - the first time only a week after Jon Entwhistle died and they were excellent. Zak Starkey has been drumming with them for a long time.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Glad I saw Frank Zappa when he was still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I've seen The Who twice - the first time only a week after Jon Entwhistle died and they were excellent. Zak Starkey has been drumming with them for a long time.
    Yep, I know Zak has been their drummer for a while now. I like him better than Kenny Jones, who I always thought was kind of bland and uninspired; although to be fair, he did have the difficult task of replacing Keith Moon. Moonie will always be king.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I quite fancy the Townshend book too, but as a Neil Young nut, I'm more than tempted to get his autobiography.

As for bucket lists, I'll never fulfil the top one on mine, to see The Band live with the original line-up. Only Garth and Robbie left now.

New Crazy Horse album just released, too.

Seanchai, love your sites. I always thought you had the best job in the world. You were/are my hero. Been very jealous of you for years. Even got to shake your hand at a party in NYC years ago. Never thought ANYTHING about my life could compete with yours.

But, I've seen both Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits several times. Saw Pink Floyd 3 times. Caught the "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall" tours. Saw Floyd at Yankee Stadium, I think it was after Roger Waters left the band.

Just to rub it in, I was in the music business and received all the tickets for FREE. I'm ashamed of myself for gloating, not attractive.

Hope you get to cross Pink Floyd off your bucket list.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdfp View Post
    Seanchai, love your sites. I always thought you had the best job in the world. You were/are my hero. Been very jealous of you for years. Even got to shake your hand at a party in NYC years ago. Never thought ANYTHING about my life could compete with yours.

But, I've seen both Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits several times. Saw Pink Floyd 3 times. Caught the "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall" tours. Saw Floyd at Yankee Stadium, I think it was after Roger Waters left the band.

Just to rub it in, I was in the music business and received all the tickets for FREE. I'm ashamed of myself for gloating, not attractive.

Hope you get to cross Pink Floyd off your bucket list.
    Ouch that is gloating!!! I was only 3 when the Dark Side of the Moon tour was on though. I don't think it would be impossible for them to do reform for a proper gig (Live8 was great) but maybe unlikely.
    That must have been sometime ago in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    The Who are doing a Quadrophenia tour, right?
    That's right, playing the entire double album plus an extended set.

TV Hippychick Rookie Poster

Leonard Cohen is great, I nearly put First We Take Manhattan in the Songs about Revenge thread. Not seen him live though.