Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frankenstorm

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Arrow Re: Frankenstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    New York City and the east Coast got him by this big storm because it is a nest of homosexual degenerates. Thats what the Christian fundamentalist preachers are saying. Just like Sodom and Gomorroh.

Just so you know.
    You're kidding me right? Even Christie and Obama set aside differences in light of this devastation....so why don't you lay low with your anti-Christian bigotry for a few days. And tell me where all these "chums" of yours are so I can find them and tell them how ludicrous you are. Who gives a fuck what the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church are saying...We have entire towns and neighborhoods underwater and lower Manhattan essentially cut off from heat, power and provisions, and some 5 million people in the dark and you're posting this garbage?

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Default Re: Frankenstorm

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    You're kidding me right? Even Christie and Obama set aside differences in light of this devastation....so why don't you lay low with your anti-Christian bigotry for a few days. And tell me where all these "chums" of yours are so I can find them and tell them how ludicrous you are. Who gives a fuck what the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church are saying...We have entire towns and neighborhoods underwater and lower Manhattan essentially cut off from heat, power and provisions, and some 5 million people in the dark and you're posting this garbage?
    You're absolutely right. This is the time to put differences aside and come together. Unfortunately, it seems the evangelicals didn't get the memo on that. They're the ones using this tragedy as an opportunity to spread more hatred, ignorance, and bigotry...essentially saying New Yorkers got what they deserved. What kind of bullshit is that? It doesn't seem like very "Christian" behavior to me. People all across the country are donating time and money to the relief effort. Maybe those fucks should lay low with their anti-homosexual bigotry for a few days and get their congregations to help out in the effort, instead of vilifying innocent victims of a natural disaster to further their religious/political agenda. Prospero was just calling them out on their bullshit, as they deserved to be.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    can MTA actually pull this off? If they do, I'll never say anything bad about them ever again.
    best of luck to anyone using the subway for the next few days. leave extra, extra early
    It will be a mess for anyone trying to cross the East River.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done in terms of inspecting and repairing equipment.

That said, I called a couple of girls that I have not spoken to for years to make sure they are ok.

If you have a chance check in on old friends to make sure they are ok.

I had a falling out with one girl a couple of years ago over something stupid and she was genuinely thankful someone called to make sure she was ok. We ended up chatting for an hour and at the end were like 'WTF did get in a fight over? That was dumb,' and we were all happy and laughing.

All it takes is a 5-10 minute phone call.

Last edited by zerrrr; 11-01-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

New York City and the east Coast got him by this big storm because it is a nest of homosexual degenerates. Thats what the Christian fundamentalist preachers are saying. Just like Sodom and Gomorroh.

Just so you know.
    Just figures that these inbred, hate-mongering asshole tea party nutjobs are already spewing their shit.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post

OMK - you are a real hater on these boards. Everyone here knows it. You are full of bile and bigotry and balefulness. I started this thread - if you didn't notice - with a general message of hope and concern for anyone and everyone who might be affected by this storm. All of my posts in the arena of politics are about a general concern for the well being of America (a nation I love) and the darkness it faces threatened by your sort... the often vicious and often mindless foot soldiers of the tea party who seem to find pride in their bigotry (not always one and the same - but there is a big overlap). Womens rights, the rights of ethnic minorities etc - all unimportant compared to the rights of the tiny rich minority.

I posted this because that is what some of the evangelicals are saying. In this they find kindred spirits among some radical imams in the Middle east who are delivering the same message. All of them craven and evil fools - radical christians and Muslims alike. Mine is NOT an anti-Christian post as you fashion it. It is an anti extremist post. (Of course the fact I mention the radical Muslims will be grist to the anti-Muslim racist hatred which animates many of those of you of your ilk). But Muslim Americans are also facing damaged lives because of this devastation - as are some tea party supporters and radical republicans and evangelical Christians. My sympathy lies with all of them.

So why not post something thoughtful and helpful instead of more of your cheap bile.

I care about those people affected by this. Your words are just more of the same - bringing your vicious bile to bear very innappropriatly. Heaven help America if the people and the mind set you support get elected.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Prospero; 11-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.

So the storm has passed... Anyone here badly affected in the end? Everyone okay?

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

So the storm has passed... Anyone here badly affected in the end? Everyone okay?
    Everything is ok. I've had it mild compared to some.

I'm still without power at home. I'm still being told 7 -10 days for where I am at. I had no water for the first 24 hours. Cell service has been in and out but much better now.

The biggest challenge at the moment is the gas shortages.

Yeah my cousins in New jersey were told it'll be ten days before they get power again.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Summers View Post
    Everything is ok. I've had it mild compared to some.

I'm still without power at home. I'm still being told 7 -10 days for where I am at. I had no water for the first 24 hours. Cell service has been in and out but much better now.

The biggest challenge at the moment is the gas shortages.
    Where are you Wendy?

I've had a few friends that were told 7-10 days, but got service back yesterday. They are from the suburbs North and West, though.

Hoping for the same good news for you.

Romney to the rescue... r but only if you are in a swing state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	403523_432556036804274_101326067_n.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	522152