Page 123 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2347
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by theoryman View Post
    Depends on the exact situation.

Outside and all you have done is property damage, no reason or need to shoot. I'm not a cop and have no interest in trying to catch you.

Inside my home, if you do not follow my directions exactly, I will likely see you as a threat and respond accordingly.

Past that... Deadly force can be used in defense of life and property and to prevent the commission of a felony and/or to apprehend the felon 'in the act'.

In general, I don't stick my nose into other peoples business.

--
    So someone smashes your window, breaks in - then hears you coming and runs away ... and you shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by theoryman View Post

I have a friend in the UK... they put up with things over there that would start the Third American Revolution... TV licensing, gun laws, searches.
    But as he says, there are things you colonials put up with that would have us in the streets... income taxes when not living in country, government telling us we can't travel to Cuba and so on...

When in Rome...

--
    You don't travel much do you?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedwards View Post
    From what a report said, he was not tested that's another thing people were angry about. They were also angry that the Samford Police Dept said he had a clean record which he didn't, sparked anger, but now it's said he was on some drugs for anxiety and insomnia.
    It's also my understanding that Zimmerman was not tested for drugs/alcohol. Although, the Police could have asked for it or gotten a warrant for it. In their opinion, they decided not to ask for it.

Before bashing the Sanford P.D. too much, if they didn't think he was drunk or high, asking for the blood test may have caused Zimmerman to 'lawyer up'. Sanford P.D. was able to interview him, at least twice, without Zimmerman ever asking for a lawyer. Both at the police station and the next day, in daylight, on videotape. Getting him to talk was much more valuable than getting a blood test if they didn't think he was drunk. Hell, even if he was drunk, liquor loosens the lips and the videotape of the recording would show any future jury that he was drunk, anyway.They got Zimmerman to talk. A lot. To give him lots of opportunities to paint himself into a corner or to catch him in a lie.

Remember, too, that it was the Detective for Sanford P.D. that wanted to arrest Zimmerman at the conclusion of his investigation. The State Attorney didn't allow the Sanford P.D. to arrest Zimmerman.

After all of this recently released information is gone over, I think the opinion of the Sanford P.D. and the actions they took in conducting a good investigation will seem much better than it has originally been portrayed.

Last edited by Queens Guy; 05-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    So someone smashes your window, breaks in - then hears you coming and runs away ... and you shoot them.
    As a black man, it pains me to see so many of my brothas getting shot and committing crimes, but let a nigga break into my house and try to run off with my goods and I'll bust a cap in his black ass. Or white ass or brown ass or whatever the case may be...

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    As a black man, it pains me to see so many of my brothas getting shot and committing crimes, but let a nigga break into my house and try to run off with my goods and I'll bust a cap in his black ass. Or white ass or brown ass or whatever the case may be...
    Then you'll go to prison, right? Where you might be getting something other than a cap ...

Senior Member Silver Poster

but let a nigga break into my house and try to run off with my goods and I'll bust a cap in his black ass.
    When I lived in a poorer neighborhood, the little kids used to just walk in my house. One time I ran down the stairs making scarey noises, and they all screamed and ran out, but I didn't shoot any. I did get burglarized twice though. Teens.

World Class Asshole

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Then you'll go to prison, right? Where you might be getting something other than a cap ...
    No. In many states in the U.S., the law allows for use of deadly force to protect your personal property. In some states, deadly force is allowed to protect the personal property of others too.

Senior Member Silver Poster

No. In many states in the U.S., the law allows for use of deadly force to protect your personal property. In some states, deadly force is allowed to protect the personal property of others too.
    Yep.

World Class Asshole

I don't wanna get into it about the Sanford Dept. That's another story on it's own, put it this way I DON'T TRUST THEIR ASSES" and I will leave it at that.

YOu see I find some thing strange about that, Long Island man in NYC not to long ago, was threatened by over 20 individuals he said was gang related, words flew, then he fired 4 shouts into the ground as a warning, he has a license and everything. HE GOT ARRESTED!!! Mind you he didn't kill anyone.

This is what the people are talking about with Zimmerman he should of been arrested he even admitted he shot Tray and said self defense, ok take this jail cell until we investigate your claim, until then you sit behind bars. If they would of did that I think the outrage would be less. But this is like it was meant to happen to expose the Sanford dept because people have been having problems with them. How do Zimmerman in the past get off from assaulting police from their town? That even set the fire higher after that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    It's also my understanding that Zimmerman was not tested for drugs/alcohol. Although, the Police could have asked for it or gotten a warrant for it. In their opinion, they decided not to ask for it.

Before bashing the Sanford P.D. too much, if they didn't think he was drunk or high, asking for the blood test may have caused Zimmerman to 'lawyer up'. Sanford P.D. was able to interview him, at least twice, without Zimmerman ever asking for a lawyer. Both at the police station and the next day, in daylight, on videotape. Getting him to talk was much more valuable than getting a blood test if they didn't think he was drunk. Hell, even if he was drunk, liquor loosens the lips and the videotape of the recording would show any future jury that he was drunk, anyway.They got Zimmerman to talk. A lot. To give him lots of opportunities to paint himself into a corner or to catch him in a lie.

Remember, too, that it was the Detective for Sanford P.D. that wanted to arrest Zimmerman at the conclusion of his investigation. The State Attorney didn't allow the Sanford P.D. to arrest Zimmerman.

After all of this recently released information is gone over, I think the opinion of the Sanford P.D. and the actions they took in conducting a good investigation will seem much better than it has originally been portrayed.

Cowboys.