Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: Is it really so bad to live your entire life alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I think it's more the overly-opinionated than intelligence that us fellas shy away from. Nothing wrong with a smart gal but someone who makes a Federal Case out of the most trivial things is a pain in the butt. You probably don't like guys that are drama queens either.
    That's an interesting statement. Care to elaborate? It's OK for a woman to be smart, but it's not OK for her to show it? I don't think that's what you're saying, but that's what it sounds like.

~BB~

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Pretty much. Welcome to the irony of life: if you're a woman, the more you improve yourself, the less viable of a partner you become because most people have a million insecurities.

More often than not people have these issues because their trust has been betrayed, and sometimes, people go through life being betrayed by nearly everyone, i.e. a good many transwomen (which is why you guys need to lighten up on them). How can you trust under those circumstances, and a better question is why should you? Is it really worth the cost of admission?

~BB~
    Girl fuck a life partner you should be throwing all resources into writing a book!! You are spot on about it all, 99.9% of people do not deserve one iota of trust.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    No, you're wrong. It is obviously a hard thing to let yourself be vulnerable if you've been hurt in the past, and you have to be a strong person to stay optimistic and open.

Imo your cynicism is simply easier than having to face up to your emotional inhibitions and insecurities...
    nice of you to know what drives my thinking - your arrogance is astounding to say the least.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

That's an interesting statement. Care to elaborate? It's OK for a woman to be smart, but it's not OK for her to show it? I don't think that's what you're saying, but that's what it sounds like.

~BB~
    That's why I said overly opinionated and not opinionated. Moderation.

Senior Member Professional Poster

More often than not people have these issues because their trust has been betrayed, and sometimes, people go through life being betrayed by nearly everyone, i.e. a good many transwomen (which is why you guys need to lighten up on them). How can you trust under those circumstances, and a better question is why should you? Is it really worth the cost of admission?

~BB~
    That's what I'm saying. It is not an easy thing to do! You said you're a strong woman, and I think it takes strength of character to allow yourself to be vulnerable with another person...

Quote Originally Posted by 0utrageousss View Post
    Girl fuck a life partner you should be throwing all resources into writing a book!! You are spot on about it all, 99.9% of people do not deserve one iota of trust.
    The idea of writing a book has been dancing around my head for years, but I really need to finish up my website so I have income while I concentrate on it. Some people here know a thing or two about my past, but if I ever told all of the consequential stories of my life, there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house, except maybe mine.

Damn. Does that officially make me jaded or what?

~BB~

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    That's why I said overly opinionated and not opinionated. Moderation.
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    That's what I'm saying. It is not an easy thing to do! You said you're a strong woman, and I think it takes strength of character to allow yourself to be vulnerable with another person...
    I don't think you're comprehending me. It's not a safe thing to do when you're transsexual, particularly one in this business. You don't seem to understand that it's a losing bet nearly 100% of the time. If you knew you were going to lose every time, would you still want to play the game? It doesn't sound like much fun to me.

~BB~

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

The idea of writing a book has been dancing around my head for years, but I really need to finish up my website so I have income while I concentrate on it. Some people here know a thing or two about my past, but if I ever told all of the consequential stories of my life, there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house, except maybe mine.

Damn. Does that officially make me jaded or what?

~BB~
    Maybe you can edit a book of stories about the transsexual experience.......Yvonne has hinted more than once at her own travails.....Kelly and ND too.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    nice of you to know what drives my thinking - your arrogance is astounding to say the least.
    I am slightly arrogant. I won't apologise for that, but I am sorry if you took offense.

IMO = in my opinion

(of course your defensive response kinda reinforces my opinion)

Last edited by loveboof; 12-10-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    You're making yet another generalization - while I can't speak for all men I can definitively say that intelligent women turn me on (although a great ass and killer eyes are occasional substitutes ). In my experience, though, women dumb themselves down to the level they THINK men want them to be at. Men will happily oblige fulfilling the caveman role because it's damn easy to do.

I think we need to challenge the traditional roles of men and women and the value of those roles within society. We've honed relationships down to power struggles where both parties know what the other party expects and so most people have just become emotional automatons......but then again maybe I think that way because I'm spending too much time alone!
    Honey I'm just going by what I see in real life with my own two eyes, the women who are spoken for generally seem less intelligent, more likely to have a severe lack of identity outside her relationship, etc... JUST SAYIN.