Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

HBO's John Oliver had a pretty dope skit about how Trump really pays for his campaign...

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Gold Poster

I am convinced the people who support Trump do not listen to the things he says. One would expect any candidate who mocks a former prisoner of war, mimics the movements of a disabled man, or accuses Mexicans of being rapists would have no shot at the presidency. But he has a certain bluster that appeals to people...

Yet I find him obnoxious not purely because of ideology but because he shows a striking lack of competency. In interviews he appears to not only have a poor grasp of public policy but to barely understand how our government works. He has now had months to discuss these matters with advisors and he's still clueless because he's too arrogant to take advice. He's more articulate than Sarah Palin (the average toddler is), but he's not any more informed.

Let's hope he loses in the general election and we can forget that he was even a mainstream candidate. And while I don't want to openly mock anyone for supporting him, I do urge his supporters to listen to any extemporaneous remarks he's made about foreign or domestic policy. If he knows nothing about the world, how can he solve today's problems?

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    One would expect any candidate who mocks a former prisoner of war
    I'd like to target this one because I've heard conservatives attack the patriotism of Democrats from time to time.

How is this not disqualifying? I'm not a McCain supporter and voted for Obama in 2008, but there's no way I would have voted for Obama if he laughed at McCain for being a prisoner of war. I'd love to hear Trump supporters explain this one.

Is it not problematic that your choice for President mocked a soldier who was captured, tortured, who refused special treatment, and remains disabled to this day from his captivity? Please explain to me how this does not show an inexcusable lack of respect for our military?

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 06-24-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Let's not mention his misogyny. If any man would condone the absolute discustiing way he treats women, well I hope you think of your mother , sister, wife, or gf. This man is a bigot. Those are the old days.

Most of us are beyond this fear mongering and bigotry.

Let's hope peace prevales.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    That is what I meant, thank you. Sure I chose an extreme example, but it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's called satire: "the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

Just for the record Mr 'Hyperbolic', I was not suggesting that Trump would put transexuals into concentration camps or have them gassed. Does it not occur to you that your own reaction is just a touch hyperbolic? And how about not calling people a "fucking idiot" just because they express a view you don't like?

It's true that Trump has expressed some liberal views in the past, but he has clearly moved to the right more recently. Why would you trust someone to support tolerance in office when their election pitch is based primarily on appealing to intolerance? I suspect the guy actually has no principles other than doing or saying anything he thinks will advance his self-interest at the time.
    You are right mate, wonder how many partners Christian would have to film with if trump got into office.

Walls and all

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    This is what makes Trump IMO a very dangerous proposition as the next POTUS.
    He has no core values. Never has. Trump believes EVERYTHING is transactional, something to be negotiated for his advantage.

His final goal is self-enrichment.
    What's in it for him and how can he game the system.
    That definition .... fits Hillary to a T.

3rd party canidates ftw in '16

2 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

People forget that when McCain was a prisoner of war at the Hanoi Hilton, he was given chance to go home early but CHOSE to stay with the rest of his American soldiers.

I don't agree with hardly anything McCain believes when it comes to domestic and foreign policy and I suspect his alleged incompetence as a pilot was part of the reason his F1 got shot down, but McCain's record as a POW IMO is unassailable.

When the man was tested as a POW, he stood up as a hero.

The fact the Republican party pisses on military service nowadays and allows any major presidential candidate to attack McCain's war record tells me as an observer the GOP is on the verge of imploding.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SP27 View Post
    That definition .... fits Hillary to a T.

3rd party canidates ftw in '16

At least Hillary has a career record to contradict this assertion.
    Trump has for the most part done NOTHING in his entire life that didn't accrue some benefit to himself.

Trump first made headlines in the early 1970s because he wouldn't allow Blacks to rent from his properties.smh.

The GOP is supporting a fox to be in control of the hen house.
    If Trump is elected, I promise you he will bump Nixon, Truman and Dubya as the biggest presidential failures in U.S. history.

As broncofan already explained, Trump doesn't know how the federal government works, believes our entire bureaucracy is filled with incompetents, and has no desire to LEARN how all three branches of government are supposed to work in concert together.

A recipe for disaster.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    At least Hillary has a career record to contradict this assertion.
    Trump has for the most part done NOTHING in his entire life that didn't accrue some benefit to himself.

Trump first made headlines in the early 1970s because he wouldn't allow Blacks to rent from his properties.smh.

The GOP is supporting a fox to be in control of the hen house.
    If Trump is elected, I promise you he will bump Nixon, Truman and Dubya as the biggest presidential failures in U.S. history.

As broncofan already explained, Trump doesn't know how the federal government works, believes our entire bureaucracy is filled with incompetents, and has no desire to LEARN how all three branches of government are supposed to work in concert together.

A recipe for disaster.
    How is that going to be any worse than Hillary placing a "FSBO" sign on the white house lawn the day after she gets elected? (and yes, i believe she will be elected.) Guess it will be business as usual for her. Can't wait for graft and corruption to hit epic proportions after 11/16.

I am not arguing for trump. don't try to paint me in that light. But I am also not supporting hillary. I think she is even more venal and malicious than Trump. She is not a good person.

enough politics for me... peace out.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.