Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    and yet you did the exact same thing right after someone simply said " I support Trump"...nothing else.

...(I may have missed 'reply with quote' the first time and hit 'like'...only mentioned it because it seems awkward to like a post I'm criticizing ...anyway...)
    Thanks for your support. We need to be able to express our opinions without being ridiculed.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

If the opinion is ridiculous, ridicule the opinion - not the one who opined. If the opined persists, then they too are open to ridicule.

3 out of 6 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by jennieh View Post
    Thanks for your support. We need to be able to express our opinions without being ridiculed.
    My stance on the election so far is posted in various threads of the 'politics and religion' section.

I'm not voting for Trump...
    but you have a right to voice your support for anyone you wish. I absolutely support that.
    but once you state your reasons, there's usually a debate.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    My stance on the election so far is posted in various threads of the 'politics and religion' section.

I'm not voting for Trump...
    but you have a right to voice your support for anyone you wish. I absolutely support that.
    but once you state your reasons, there's usually a debate.
    Thank you for your tolerance!

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    HA HA, In no way did your man make that comparison. I believe was trying to say "Some people support stupid shite, even when its not in their best intrest".. Relax with the permaban superstar.
    That is what I meant, thank you. Sure I chose an extreme example, but it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's called satire: "the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

Just for the record Mr 'Hyperbolic', I was not suggesting that Trump would put transexuals into concentration camps or have them gassed. Does it not occur to you that your own reaction is just a touch hyperbolic? And how about not calling people a "fucking idiot" just because they express a view you don't like?

It's true that Trump has expressed some liberal views in the past, but he has clearly moved to the right more recently. Why would you trust someone to support tolerance in office when their election pitch is based primarily on appealing to intolerance? I suspect the guy actually has no principles other than doing or saying anything he thinks will advance his self-interest at the time.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    This popped up on my Twitter feed. Comments from the peanut gallery are most welcome.

"Yes, that’s right — a growing number of transsexuals are coming round to the hottest, coolest, most charismatic Presidential candidate in recent memory. And why wouldn’t they? Particularly if you’re a male-to-female tranny, I expect Trump is irresistible — as he is for me."

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...ies-for-trump/

While I don't subscribe to his far right agenda, I gotta say the article itself is smart and funny while it hurls insults.

It's subtle in its condescension, like when he denies having an "irrational fear of people who suffer from gender dysphoria" as a way of saying transgender people have a mental illness.

One the other hand I would say he's immersed himself chaser culture, at least to the point of knowing the terms "batshit" and "pass" lol

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    is this one of your 5 post a year?
    Do you know how to NOT double post? I don't think I've seen you post a single post reply on any thread yet.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jennieh View Post
    Thank you for your tolerance!
    No, thank you - for supporting Trump's intolerance.

4 out of 7 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I suspect the guy actually has no principles other than doing or saying anything he thinks will advance his self-interest at the time.

This is what makes Trump IMO a very dangerous proposition as the next POTUS.
    He has no core values. Never has. Trump believes EVERYTHING is transactional, something to be negotiated for his advantage.

His final goal is self-enrichment.
    What's in it for him and how can he game the system.

However the conservatives are swallowing him whole, convincing themselves a billionaire who's never put his skin in the game for a cause other than himself, is suddenly going to become this populist hero fighting for the middle class and American jobs.

LOL.

Once the king makers get in Donald's ear and show him how he can really get rich by making the right deals in the Oval Office, all these Trump devotees are going to convince themselves they never really voted for him.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by housekeeper View Post
    The most farcical display of political absurdity that has ever been perpetrated on the American people in the history of the free world. To think that someone with zero political experience, whose only recent claim to fame was hosting a bullshit reality TV show, would be coveted as a legitimate candidate for the presidential seat, the commander in chief.

Then again Bloomie bought himself three terms as mayor, so the most tragic aspect of this story is the fact that it could actually happen, tragic indeed.
    Surely the key point is that in the USA anyone can become President? I write from a country where we do not, and for the foreseeable future will not have the right to elect our Head of State, or the upper chamber of our Parliament. I can't vote in the US and I think Trump is an idiot, but he is an American and has as much right to run for the White House as you do. Maybe you should give it a shot.

PS Nobody needs compare Trump to Hitler when there are plenty of Americans to compare him to.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.