Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

I've never seen anyone worship any president so hard.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    I've never seen anyone worship any president so hard.
    Pretty standard liberal mockery, Fitz. And where has it gotten you? Trump is in the White House, Republicans own the House and the Senate, and the Democratic Party is just a limp-dicked beggar playing spoons on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Desolation Lane.

Substance over style, Fitz, say something intelligent if you can.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

That fact that over 25% of eligible voters voted for Trump is beyond disturbing.

For me, this is unforgivable. I will not be have be friends with with any Trump voter for as long as I live. Luckily, I don't have any family members who voted for Trump, but if I did, I would've cut them out of my life.

Trump voters are disgusting, and I hate them on visceral level. I have yet to see any Trump voter (in any media) who seems like a good person.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I challenge any one of you auto-resisters and contrarians to give even one good reason we shouldn't tax the countries we protect, at great expense to ourselves, to the extent we deem fit. Just one..
    Aside for the points already mentioned, a tariff is not a tax on foreign countries. It is a tax on American consumers and businesses who purchase those imported products. Raising tariffs on steel and aluminium is particularly dumb because those are inputs used by pretty much every other US manufacturer. Nice way to make US manufacturing more competitive.

Here's a challenge for you. Can you name a single Republican-leaning economist (not working for Trump) who agrees that trade wars are a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Aside for the points already mentioned, a tariff is not a tax on foreign countries. It is a tax on American consumers and businesses who purchase those imported products. Raising tariffs on steel and aluminium is particularly dumb because those are inputs used by pretty much every other US manufacturer. Nice way to make US manufacturing more competitive.

Here's a challenge for you. Can you name a single Republican-leaning economist (not working for Trump) who agrees that trade wars are a good idea?
    I'm not sure we're even playing the same game here, Flighty. You do realize, I assume, that placing a tariff on imported goods means American goods have the clear advantage in the American market. Don't you?

My assumption is that you do realize it, but you're consciously ignoring the truth so you can keep pretending Trump's not doing a fantastic job.

"Trade war" is just code for "war," Flighty. Behind every trade agreement ever made, there's a loaded gun under the table. We've got the biggest gun of all, and Trump just pulled it out and cocked it.

Pure balls. Thank God we've finally got a President who's immune to the cowardly mewling of the ignorant masses.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post
    That fact that over 25% of eligible voters voted for Trump is beyond disturbing.

For me, this is unforgivable. I will not be have be friends with with any Trump voter for as long as I live. Luckily, I don't have any family members who voted for Trump, but if I did, I would've cut them out of my life.

Trump voters are disgusting, and I hate them on visceral level. I have yet to see any Trump voter (in any media) who seems like a good person.
    OMG

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Pretty standard liberal mockery, Fitz. And where has it gotten you? Trump is in the White House, Republicans own the House and the Senate, and the Democratic Party is just a limp-dicked beggar playing spoons on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Desolation Lane.

Substance over style, Fitz, say something intelligent if you can.
    As usual, all your assumptions are wrong. I have never had any ties to the Democratic--or any other--political party.

Now get back on your knees to worship your White House wet dream.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    As usual, all your assumptions are wrong. I have never had any ties to the Democratic--or any other--political party.

Now get back on your knees to worship your White House wet dream.
    You just gave me a new sexual fantasy - me fucking Carrie Emberlyn missionary style while President Trump jacks her off and live-tweets it!

But really, I'm just standing my ground, Fitz. I didn't expect much companionship in this thread and it turns out I have none. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right and everyone else is grasping at straws for "visceral" reasons.

Gold Poster

I'm not sure we're even playing the same game here, Flighty. You do realize, I assume, that placing a tariff on imported goods means American goods have the clear advantage in the American market. Don't you?
    You're ignoring his point though. So I'll repeat it. Steel will be more expensive for U.S. manufacturers. This makes these manufacturers less competitive. Other countries place tariffs on our goods which will close off markets to our industries. How is this good and are their right wing economists who think trade wars are good for the economy?

You're engaging in some of the same bluster as Trump. I don't accept that he's a great negotiator, I don't think he's an exceptional businessman, and I'm not opposed to playing hardball or being tough but it doesn't justify being stupid. So how is he not doing something counter-intuitive and destructive?

filghy2 Silver Poster

My assumption is that you do realize it, but you're consciously ignoring the truth so you can keep pretending Trump's not doing a fantastic job.

"Trade war" is just code for "war," Flighty. Behind every trade agreement ever made, there's a loaded gun under the table. We've got the biggest gun of all, and Trump just pulled it out and cocked it.
    "Consciously ignoring the truth so you can keep pretending" You really have no sense of irony at all, do you Dangler?

You think Trump is going to send warships to China to force them to make trade concessions? This is not the 19th century.

If military might is always the answer then what happened in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan? Did you learn nothing from those debacles?

Last edited by filghy2; 06-03-2018 at 02:19 AM.