Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Can someone close this thread? Its killing my boner.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I just find it very difficult to accept that some grown people don't recognize the ebb and flow of American politics.
    I find your 'realist' view of this Presidency to be indifferent to what is happening as if it were just 'politics as usual', whereas the whole purpose of this Presidency is to change in a way previous administrations have not.

It is easy to dismiss campaign rhetoric as just that, assuming the reality of DC politics will always neutralize the most extreme President, but in this case we have already seen that the almost insane, unhinged need of the President (for personal reasons) and the Republicans (for political reasons) to smash to pieces every vestige of the Obama Presidency is becoming the most comprehensive reversal of the policies inherited from one administration by another yet seen in American history.

The point about Transgendered Americans that I and other posters have pointed out is precisely that with regard to military service it is a minor issue in the general scheme of things that could easily have been left as it was with little cost in terms of finances and administration, but is of major importance to the individuals concerned as it affects their livelihoods, their ambitions, and appears to denigrate their commitment to the security of their country. It does not just take rights away it takes away the dignity of people who are prepared to serve, even if it means dying, but is the preferred option of a draft-dodging coward who did everything he could, with Daddy's help, not to serve.

It is ironic that someone who despises 'political correctness' has in effect borrowed the mantra of 1960s identity politics so that with more than any other President I can think of, with this one, the personal is political. But where the conduct of politics resembles more the court of a vain King in constant need of praise and adulation while across the country young transgendered people are homeless, struggling with money problems, mental health problems, problems of alcohol and drug abuse, all the while being told by the rest of society they are not worth a dime anyway. Who speaks for them? Not their President.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

The thing is, As I see it. Everyone says Trump will never do this or Trump will never do that right up to the point when his actually does it. Then they say well I didn't think he would and shorty afterwards it will be come "Fake News" and all his supporters will shout about the lying liberal media and blame it all on Obama

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Which part of the chart I posted did you not understand? Here, I'll even do the maths for you - Democrat average 3.8% growth, Republican average 2.9% growth.

Perhaps you just need some tips on the art of argument. http://www.montypython.net/scripts/argument.php
    We COULD have THAT conversation, Flighty. You know the one, it's about whether GDP growth happens during, or after, an administration's economic policies have been in effect.

But really, should we? I mean, so far, the full extent of your argument is an appeal to authority ("I have a post-grad degree in economics") and an almost unreadable jpeg that could just as easily be used to prove my point as yours.

I'm pretty good at debates, Flighty. But if I have them, I prefer them to be with someone whose awesomeness is not so obvious to himself that he doesn't even feel the need to compose an argument or make a counterpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I find your 'realist' view of this Presidency to be indifferent to what is happening as if it were just 'politics as usual', whereas the whole purpose of this Presidency is to change in a way previous administrations have not.

It is easy to dismiss campaign rhetoric as just that, assuming the reality of DC politics will always neutralize the most extreme President, but in this case we have already seen that the almost insane, unhinged need of the President (for personal reasons) and the Republicans (for political reasons) to smash to pieces every vestige of the Obama Presidency is becoming the most comprehensive reversal of the policies inherited from one administration by another yet seen in American history.

The point about Transgendered Americans that I and other posters have pointed out is precisely that with regard to military service it is a minor issue in the general scheme of things that could easily have been left as it was with little cost in terms of finances and administration, but is of major importance to the individuals concerned as it affects their livelihoods, their ambitions, and appears to denigrate their commitment to the security of their country. It does not just take rights away it takes away the dignity of people who are prepared to serve, even if it means dying, but is the preferred option of a draft-dodging coward who did everything he could, with Daddy's help, not to serve.

It is ironic that someone who despises 'political correctness' has in effect borrowed the mantra of 1960s identity politics so that with more than any other President I can think of, with this one, the personal is political. But where the conduct of politics resembles more the court of a vain King in constant need of praise and adulation while across the country young transgendered people are homeless, struggling with money problems, mental health problems, problems of alcohol and drug abuse, all the while being told by the rest of society they are not worth a dime anyway. Who speaks for them? Not their President.
    I will not and have not disputed that President Trump has a personality disorder. He's a megalomaniacal narcissist. With anger issues.

But he's the same megalomaniacal narcissist with anger issues that he's been for like 50 years now in front of the entire country on national television.

One question I've always wanted to ask Obama's supporters is (and I should qualify this by saying that I voted for Obama - twice - but I have very little tolerance for spending time in the company of hardcore Democrats), how politically savvy do you really think Obama is, considering his incredible underestimation of Donald Trump? What I mean by that is, he insulted the guy in front of the entire country, assuming there'd be no consequences.

Well, now there are consequences. Trump is going to destroy his legacy, has pretty much already done so - his advances in socialized medicine, his more-conservative-than-the-conservatives economic policy, his withdrawal from Middle East politics, and his cooperative trade policy - all will be or have been destroyed.

But do you really understand what Trump is doing, Stavros? In a nutshell, he's simply stopped being nice. To other countries I mean. America doesn't have to be nice. Trump knows this.

And that is the crux of his appeal, that's the core policy that is going to buy him 4 more years (bank on it).

In the end he's going to take care of the rich, and the religious right; but he's also going to enrich the middle class and the poor by clamping down on the rest of the world. "America First" is no bullshit, he's fucking after it. We're not going to be the planet's rich uncle while Trump is in office.

And that's what's needed, for America, right now, in this imperfect world where we truly can't have it all. We can't be the free world's protector, benefactor, and police force all at the same time.

You don't have to convince me that there are a lot of problems with Donald Trump, the man. But no one can convince me that Donald Trump, the President, isn't exactly what we need to transcend our economic problems and assume the mantle of full global hegemony. That's the change you'll see from this administration that you have never seen before, Stavros.

If I weren't an American, I would despise Donald Trump. But I am.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

A confused post, Nick which reveals the weaknesses in your argument. President Obama ridiculed a notoriously vain con-man at the White House Correspondents dinner, an event which thrives on ridicule and satire so nobody targeted should complain, let alone bear a grudge of such destructive intensity for so long. But here's the key point: if you don't want to be publicly ridiculed, don't be President. A President must be robust enough to take all the crap thrown at him -or her- and let's face it, from the 'birther controversy' to open racism, Obama was at the time the most abused -and publicly abused President in living memory, and not even for his policies.

Neither Obama nor his successor managed to extricate the USA from the Middle East, both retained and retain a military presence in Iraq, both committed US forces to Syria, both retain their intelligence facilities in Jordan and both appear to have committed the USA to be guarantors of Israel's security in perpetuity with no regard to the cost to American tax-payers. But this President has gone further, allying himself with Saudi Arabia in the Kingdom's savage war in Yemen that has displaced millions, slaughtered hundreds of thousands and all but destroyed the country, while joining the Butcher Kingdom's blackmail of Qatar because it wouldn't buy his son-in-law's dud money-pit in Manhattan, which it has now agreed to do. The USA is up to its neck in the Middle East quagmire, and more than ever before, so the President and his family can use the Office of the President to stuff their pockets with money with no regard to the interests of the USA. Indeed, the government of the USA is now as much a family business as is the so-called government of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

And you can't put 'America First' and then seek the mantle of full global hegemony. You really want to replace globalization with the American Empire? Why have a President when you can have an Emperor, or maybe he would prefer being referred to by his supporters as their God and King? And anyway, the 21st century will be an Asian century, with this President remembered as the man who sold his country to foreign buyers in exchange for adulation and lots and lots of money, most of it parked in foreign bank accounts the taxman can't get his hands on. Americans are not about to get rich under this President. That is the reality, not the bullshit about Making America Great Again.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Poor little guy. He was so confident just 2 weeks ago: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...thinks-so.html

And now he's canceled the summit and threatened nuclear war in the letter.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Silver Poster

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. -Abraham Lincoln
    "You can fool some of the people all the time. - Donald Trump

World Class Asshole

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    A confused post, Nick which reveals the weaknesses in your argument. President Obama ridiculed a notoriously vain con-man at the White House Correspondents dinner, an event which thrives on ridicule and satire so nobody targeted should complain, let alone bear a grudge of such destructive intensity for so long. But here's the key point: if you don't want to be publicly ridiculed, don't be President. A President must be robust enough to take all the crap thrown at him -or her- and let's face it, from the 'birther controversy' to open racism, Obama was at the time the most abused -and publicly abused President in living memory, and not even for his policies.

Neither Obama nor his successor managed to extricate the USA from the Middle East, both retained and retain a military presence in Iraq, both committed US forces to Syria, both retain their intelligence facilities in Jordan and both appear to have committed the USA to be guarantors of Israel's security in perpetuity with no regard to the cost to American tax-payers. But this President has gone further, allying himself with Saudi Arabia in the Kingdom's savage war in Yemen that has displaced millions, slaughtered hundreds of thousands and all but destroyed the country, while joining the Butcher Kingdom's blackmail of Qatar because it wouldn't buy his son-in-law's dud money-pit in Manhattan, which it has now agreed to do. The USA is up to its neck in the Middle East quagmire, and more than ever before, so the President and his family can use the Office of the President to stuff their pockets with money with no regard to the interests of the USA. Indeed, the government of the USA is now as much a family business as is the so-called government of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

And you can't put 'America First' and then seek the mantle of full global hegemony. You really want to replace globalization with the American Empire? Why have a President when you can have an Emperor, or maybe he would prefer being referred to by his supporters as their God and King? And anyway, the 21st century will be an Asian century, with this President remembered as the man who sold his country to foreign buyers in exchange for adulation and lots and lots of money, most of it parked in foreign bank accounts the taxman can't get his hands on. Americans are not about to get rich under this President. That is the reality, not the bullshit about Making America Great Again.
    I don't think either one of us are confused, Stavros, unless perhaps you are confused about my intelligence level. The USA has been joined at the hip with Saudi Arabia since WWII because of our pathetic dependence on Saudi oil, but President Trump is only in bed with them because he's seeking vengeance over a sour real estate deal? Okay.

You are welcome to armchair-president all you like, Stavros. You can insist our country act for strictly altruistic reasons then complain like hell every time it doesn't (which is every time BTW).

But me, I am going to kick back and watch my bank account grow for the next few years while the big boys play their little games. As a counterpoint to your statement, "Americans are not about to get rich under this President," I can only tell you that I am already getting rich under this President. I'll be putting a good bit of it in U.S. bonds too - gotta be prepared for the next Democratic administration in 2024.

Now, I have a 5-day weekend that just started about a half hour ago, and I won't be spending it debating politics. Think I'm gonna drive up to Vegas this weekend and check out that Lounge.

I have enjoyed our conversation, Stavros.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Silver Poster

...But me, I am going to kick back and watch my bank account grow for the next few years while the big boys play their little games. As a counterpoint to your statement, "Americans are not about to get rich under this President," I can only tell you that I am already getting rich under this President. I'll be putting a good bit of it in U.S. bonds too - gotta be prepared for the next Democratic administration in 2024.
    Were you poor under Obama? Better save some of your money to pay for that Wall.

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

We COULD have THAT conversation, Flighty. You know the one, it's about whether GDP growth happens during, or after, an administration's economic policies have been in effect.

But really, should we? I mean, so far, the full extent of your argument is an appeal to authority ("I have a post-grad degree in economics") and an almost unreadable jpeg that could just as easily be used to prove my point as yours.

I'm pretty good at debates, Flighty. But if I have them, I prefer them to be with someone whose awesomeness is not so obvious to himself that he doesn't even feel the need to compose an argument or make a counterpoint.
    When Danger lurked upon the stair
    He saw some facts that just weren't there
    Those facts weren't there again today
    Oh why can't inconvenient facts go away.

While I'm on the Monty Python theme, here's another scene that seems relevant. http://www.montypython.net/scripts/HG-blkscene.php