Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Closed minds make for shit-tier conversations, and results count for a hell of a lot more than speculation. I am not closed-minded.

I suggest you all sit back and observe the prosperity the USA is experiencing, and will continue to experience for the next several years, as President Trump leverages our military might into dollars and cents. Enjoy it - you're an American and you are entitled to reap the benefits. You sure as hell are going to reap the down-side of being American, so you may as well get something out of it.
    It's good to know that you are open-minded and base your views on evidence, not preconceptions. Otherwise I might have thought you ignored my post showing that Democrats achieve better economic results simply because it contradicted your argument that a few Republican nasties are the necessary price for a better economy.

You Trumpeteers seem to forget (or maybe never knew) that every boom ends in a bust, and that the busts happen at least once every decade, so we are due for another. If the current expansion was to continue for another 6 years it would probably be the longest ever in US history.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	united-states-unemployment-rate.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	1077919  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

It's a crazy time to be a conservative.

The Republican President just enacted an anti-free trade policy against allies.

“Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.”
    -Milton Friedman

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    “Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.”
    -Milton Friedman
    Republicans have been doing it for decades, the latest version calling it 'Fair Trade' though the definition of fair seems to be limited to what he thinks it is. If the President and indeed, any other politician truly believed in free trade, all deals, domestic or international would be done by companies and entrepreneurs without the interference of the state, other than the parties involved abiding by the law.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    It's good to know that you are open-minded and base your views on evidence, not preconceptions. Otherwise I might have thought you ignored my post showing that Democrats achieve better economic results simply because it contradicted your argument that a few Republican nasties are the necessary price for a better economy.
    You Trumpeteers seem to forget (or maybe never knew) that every boom ends in a bust, and that the busts happen at least once every decade, so we are due for another. If the current expansion was to continue for another 6 years it would probably be the longest ever in US history.
    And just as not a word of gratitude has been extended to President Obama, under whose watch the US economy recovered from the 2008 crisis to grow year on year, if there is a bust, it will be blamed on him and the 'liberals'.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Republicans have been doing it for decades, the latest version calling it 'Fair Trade' though the definition of fair seems to be limited to what he thinks it is. If the President and indeed, any other politician truly believed in free trade, all deals, domestic or international would be done by companies and entrepreneurs without the interference of the state, other than the parties involved abiding by the law.
    It's been a change for sure. Here in the US, the Democrats have become the party of free trade. It's interesting times in America for sure.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
    On one hand

It's hard to imagine Democrats could *uck it up again and nominate someone with Hilary personal baggage,laziness,entitlement,incompetence and gaffe prone way's all rolled into a single candidate.

On the other hand
    Incumbent's tend to get reelected in America more then they don't

If Democrats are still talking Russia in 2019 bet on his reelection,if we get hit with a recession or major international incident then bet on him going down in flames.

Believe it or not the Russia conspiracy is real. More indictments are coming.

When Mueller finally drops his report, Trump may be charged with treason.
    The only question left is will a GOP Congress hold the POTUS accountable??

I know the Dems will.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Believe it or not the Russia conspiracy is real. More indictments are coming.
    When Mueller finally drops his report, Trump may be charged with treason.
    The only question left is will a GOP Congress hold the POTUS accountable??
    I know the Dems will.
    If Mike Pence becomes President, expect an official pardon from him within days, I mean, it's only treason. And we all know what a caring, compassionate Christian Michael is, yearning to forgive sinners.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post

-Milton Friedman
    "Tariffs on our allies? But...but...but our allies help us to...you know...stuff!!"

Yes, tariffs on our allies, because...wait for it...business.

Canada is OUTRAGED that they are actually going to have to pay in order to sit comfortably away from the turmoil of the outside world and prosper outrageously under our protection.

Stop the madness, liberals. It's another amazingly intelligent and savvy business decision by our new CEO and Commander-in-Chief. Deal with it.

I challenge any one of you auto-resisters and contrarians to give even one good reason we shouldn't tax the countries we protect, at great expense to ourselves, to the extent we deem fit. Just one.

Have a nice day, fellow Americans, it's glorious to be in the USA right now under President Donald Trump.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I challenge any one of you auto-resisters and contrarians to give even one good reason we shouldn't tax the countries we protect, at great expense to ourselves, to the extent we deem fit. Just one.
    I am going to wait to see some pretty good answers but I have a feeling at least one of the reasons will involve the potential for retaliatory tariffs and the cost of propping up industries that are not competitive. Maybe something about the gains of trade not being zero sum and economic prosperity not being entirely reducible to the trade balance. Further we don't live in a zero sum world generally and so taking punitive actions against countries because we "protect" them may hurt them economically but doesn't help us. We typically haven't treated alliances like extortion opportunities but it is a new era.

Trump is not the financial success story he makes himself out to be. His investments have neither been as bad as his worst detractors say nor anywhere near spectacular. The man inherited a large estate, had access to loans other people do not, and using tons of leverage made average rates of return over decades. Actually successful investors like Warren Buffett think he's a blustering buffoon. He deserves credit for being able to con so many people, which is a skill that requires a certain amount of audacity to master and a complete deficit of integrity.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I am going to wait to see some pretty good answers but I have a feeling at least one of the reasons will involve the potential for retaliatory tariffs and the cost of propping up industries that are not competitive. Maybe something about the gains of trade not being zero sum and economic prosperity not being entirely reducible to the trade balance. Further we don't live in a zero sum world generally and so taking punitive actions against countries because we "protect" them may hurt them economically but doesn't help us. We typically haven't treated alliances like extortion opportunities but it is a new era.
    I see, so it's not a tariff, it's "extortion." It's not smart business, it's "punitive." Hyperbole much, Bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Trump is not the financial success story he makes himself out to be. His investments have neither been as bad as his worst detractors say nor anywhere near spectacular. The man inherited a large estate, had access to loans other people do not, and using tons of leverage made average rates of return over decades. Actually successful investors like Warren Buffett think he's a blustering buffoon. He deserves credit for being able to con so many people, which is a skill that requires a certain amount of audacity to master and a complete deficit of integrity.
    But Trump is indeed A financial success story, whether he blows it out of proportion or not. Whatever shady dealings, bankruptcies, etc., he was involved in, the end result was, Donald Trump is a billionaire, and he's not in prison. In fact, to my knowledge, he has never even been charged with any kind of financial crime. So he played by the rules and made himself wealthy, or wealthier as may be the case.

If you're longing for integrity in your public officials, Bronco, you're on the wrong planet. Doesn't work that way. The veneer of integrity is the best you're going to get. You think Obama doesn't have skeletons in his closet? Bad bet.

You're right about one thing. He definitely deserves credit for achieving results, by whatever means necessary. The guy has been a blatant liar for so long that I doubt he even recognizes the difference in the truth and deceit anymore. But he does recognize that saying what needs to be said, and doing what needs to be done to achieve the best end result - for himself, the USA, and no one else - is the path to 4 more years.

I hate to fall back on an old cliche, but it applies - money talks and bullshit walks, Bronco. Results are what count, not "integrity."

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.