Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Rookie Poster

[quote="Realgirls4me"]* I would just to see Gore and Dubya square off in a debate. We all know now what a pig in the poke ol' Dubya has turned out to be on the intelligence arena.

wouldn't that debate be 4 years too late???????

Rookie Poster

also, I have more problems with the candidates then with the democrat/republican issue. I firmly believe that being a governor better prepares a candidate to be president then being in the Senate does. It also concerns me that someone could be in the Senate for 20 years and be sitting on such minor committees. Not to mention the dearth of meaningful legislation that he's sponsored.

Then we get to the running mate. John Edwards has spent his career as a personal injury lawyer. Seriously, is there a worse profession known to man? He has served almost one term as a Senator and this is his first foray into politics. It has been stated many times that it was very doubtful that the residents of North Carolina would have re-elected him to a second term. The Vice President should be about substance, not appearance.

Has G.W. Bush been a great President? No he hasn't been. Sometimes, the devil you know is better then the devil you don't. Yet remember, prior to Iraq, his satisfaction ratings were as high as anyone's ever. It's a shame that more qualified candidates then Kerry/Edwards did not emerge as a challenge. John Kerry scares me. Kerry's judgement in selecting Edwards scares me. The thought of John Edwards being one aneurism away from being President is fodder for a Hollywood horror tale.

Junior Poster

Real...but don't you think it funny that she actually said the words "un-american" while lecturing on civility , only to have it go so wrong? If she didn't say it, I'd agree with you. Her poor dead husband must be clawing at his casket lid

Great exchanges on Hannity radio with Hoffa, Rev. Jackson, Chas. Rangle (?) today. I really wish we had an air-america station in this area. The Hannity appearance on Franken must have been hi-fucking-larious. We have one lefty talk show host in this market (not counting Stern, whose politics are completely self-serving). And she, being a Jew, admits to being disturbed at the far-laft's abandonement of Israel.

O'Rielly and Sharpton had a terrific segment a week or so ago, and I thought Al held his mud admirably. Very entertaining.

Hope you watch the Daily Show on COmedy Central. Colbert did a great spoof on O'Rielly with his No Fact Zone