Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: There are a lot of T Girls out there with HIV and they dont know!!!! Know the fa

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz12 View Post
    Im not sure what the cannabis debate was to tell you the truth. But how were the stats misinformed? I thought it was objective. The sample size was pretty large and it shows there is a clear issue of denial and poor safety in our community
    Based on what source? What credible source?

HIV/AIDS should be taken seriously. Fearmongering is not the best method. Not sure what your goal is here.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: There are a lot of T Girls out there with HIV and they dont know!!!! Know the fa

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    Based on what source? What credible source?

HIV/AIDS should be taken seriously. Fearmongering is not the best method. Not sure what your goal is here.
    The excerpt was from a cut and paste job from the CDC. It was partly based on this paper

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23260128
    "In 3869 transgender women sampled in five high-income countries, HIV prevalence was 21·6% (95% CI 18·8-24·3)"(Barel et al., 2013)

funded by Center for AIDS Research at Johns Hopkins and the Center for Public Health and Human Rights at the JHU Bloomberg School of Public Health.

These are the facts clear as day no fear-mongering necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz12 View Post
    The excerpt was from a cut and paste job from the CDC. It was partly based on this paper

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23260128
    "In 3869 transgender women sampled in five high-income countries, HIV prevalence was 21·6% (95% CI 18·8-24·3)"(Barel et al., 2013)

funded by Center for AIDS Research at Johns Hopkins and the Center for Public Health and Human Rights at the JHU Bloomberg School of Public Health.

These are the facts clear as day no fear-mongering necessary
    I don't understand the technical notes. Can you explain in layman's terms?

I have read the data, it is very compelling. It just seems like a crazy percentage.

Rookie Poster

I don't understand the technical notes. Can you explain in layman's terms?
    Absolutely, so the prevalence is how many people are estimated to have HIV in a certain time period. So it says that they calculated 21.6 percent of the 3869 seen had HIV from the period of Jan 1, 2000, and Nov 30, 2011 in five high income countries,which included the USA. The confidence interval or CI is the range that says we are 95 percent sure that the actual value for HIV prevalence is some where between 18.8 percent to 24.3 because there is always the possibity of error in a study .

Rookie Poster

I have read the data, it is very compelling. It just seems like a crazy percentage.
    It really does I was pretty mind fucked about that. Especially that it was actually a little worse in rich countries than poor but im not sure if the numbers are significant enough to 100 percent conclude that

What is the answer? I get tested regualy. What is the answer?

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by femalescarlet View Post
    last year my exfriend put a knife in his mouth playing and like 10 days later my mother made me angry again and i tried to cut my lips with the same knife as a sign of not talking to her again and later i remembered my exfriend had it in his mouth

and i was afraid that he had hiv so i panicked that id catch hiv like that trhow the knife to the junk and wanted to do hiv analisis

how paranoid is that???? srsly i think thats very fucked up :(
    Its about being informed im sure we ve all done some pretty paranoid stuff when anxeity is involved lmao hope that cutting your lips isnt a habit or anything like that

Ok, I call bullshit on your numbers.
    its a study, numbers are like flies they come they go and they always change in frequency.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I haven't read the report but the key factor is where are they getting this sampling of TG women from?