Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

Default Re: There are a lot of T Girls out there with HIV and they dont know!!!! Know the fa

So, basically, don't go around having unprotected sex with random people? Gotcha. How is that news? Oh yea, I know why! People are fucking idiots.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

:) Junior Poster

Default Re: There are a lot of T Girls out there with HIV and they dont know!!!! Know the fa

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I haven't read the report but the key factor is where are they getting this sampling of TG women from?
    Exactly this, if they get samples from random street workers the percentage is of course gonna be much higher than the norm, whatever it may be.

Veni Vidi Vici

Veteran Poster

Folks, unless you're working in public health and trying to figure out how best to target interventions to reduce HIV and STI risk, there is no reason to focus on prevalence rates in any given population.

If you're having sexual contact with someone and you are not 100% certain of their sexual history, then all you need to know is that HIV and STI exist. Having sexual contact with anyone involves a degree of risk. Straight people carry STI. Gay people carry STI. Promiscuous people carry STI. Closeted people carry STI. For me, it doesn't matter if there's a 1 in 3.5 chance or a 1 in 51 chance that my partner is HIV-positive. I need to protect myself equally given any possibility of exposure. If there’s a 1 in x chance, there’s no way for you to know if your partner is the 1.

If you’re going to have casual sex, you’re accepting some STI risk no matter who your partner is. Use barrier methods always. PrEP is pretty interesting and promising, but we don’t fully understand it yet, and there are other chronic, incurable STI that are not HIV.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Folks, unless you're working in public health and trying to figure out how best to target interventions to reduce HIV and STI risk, there is no reason to focus on prevalence rates in any given population.

If you're having sexual contact with someone and you are not 100% certain of their sexual history, then all you need to know is that HIV and STI exist. Having sexual contact with anyone involves a degree of risk. Straight people carry STI. Gay people carry STI. Promiscuous people carry STI. Closeted people carry STI. For me, it doesn't matter if there's a 1 in 3.5 chance or a 1 in 51 chance that my partner is HIV-positive. I need to protect myself equally given any possibility of exposure. If there’s a 1 in x chance, there’s no way for you to know if your partner is the 1.

If you’re going to have casual sex, you’re accepting some STI risk no matter who your partner is. Use barrier methods always. PrEP is pretty interesting and promising, but we don’t fully understand it yet, and there are other chronic, incurable STI that are not HIV.
    Hear hear, spoken with reason.

Veteran Poster

We live in a day and age where people still believe HIV and Aids to be Fake and Government made. The community is very quiet when the topic comes up, to many people that don't care to know and don't care for their own personal health, at the end of the day.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Condom usage is still highly recommended when using PrEP . Recently, a Canadian man caught HIV even though he was using PrEP. Guess what he failed to do? Use a condom.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ronto-man.html