Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Pulse Nightclub in Orlando Attack

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I know it's your conversation but I'm just not sure what this means. Does it mean that all terrorist organizations follow some external guide and will not claim responsibility unless they meet those guidelines? What are these guidelines and why are they so sanctified that a group that murders people without qualms would not claim responsibility whenever it suited their agenda?
    Its not really like that. Think of it this way.. If you were part a group with a political agendanand resorted to violence, would you want random nutters causing violence in your name....? Let's say a school.. Killing children. You would not. If you research it you will understand what i am saying.

Please understand, I am not playing clever dick here. I was just stating that there are protocols.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    ISIS is making the claim at the moment and I'm not impressed with their adherence to 'protocols'. I expect shortly the FBI or other Federal authority will confirm the claim. Confirmed or not, ISIS is happy for the chance to play with our internal politics.
    Guy was already on an fbi watch list.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

funny fact...did you know you can be on the terrorist watch list / no fly list but they can't transfer that info to the local police department where you submit for your fire arms permit? how messed up is that! the FBI can know you are whacked out of your mind but can't tell the local PD!

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "How you doin!"

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCboyCOMINGatYA! View Post
    Guy was already on an fbi watch list.
    Yes, I already mentioned he was on the FBI's radar (presumably for his online activity).

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    In my opinion, which means nothing in this situation. I think the shooter was a sympathiser for ISIS. ISIS then claimed responsibility. ...
    That is a distinct possibility, which raises the question I asked before, “What does responsibility mean?” Was Omar acting independently? If so was it driven by religion, hatred of gays, self-hatred, or all three. Was he being egged on by or directed by ISIS?

At this point I know as little as anyone else. I’m inclined to think he was a self-hating gay who was being played by online fundamentalist groups - perhaps ISIS.

My immediate concern is for my friends, acquaintances and others who are immediately impacted by this horrid tragedy. I’m literally sick.

My secondary concern is the larger impact this is going to have on our LGBT community, the Muslim community and the larger populace. If we respond with undirected hatred we are only inviting more of the same. If the West rejects Islam without reservation, it will only alienate and create more deeply troubled young men and drive them to violence.

If the FBI actually knew this guy needed help, they probably should've intervened, or at least made sure he wasn't able to obtain an assault weapon.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by SXFX View Post
    funny fact...did you know you can be on the terrorist watch list / no fly list but they can't transfer that info to the local police department where you submit for your fire arms permit? how messed up is that! the FBI can know you are whacked out of your mind but can't tell the local PD!
    No surprise really. One group doesn't want the other to know (various reasons) its also political. Rewards come with big prosecutions.

Dog eat dog

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Yes, I already mentioned he was on the FBI's radar (presumably for his online activity).

That is a distinct possibility, which raises the question I asked before, “What does responsibility mean?” Was Omar acting independently? If so was it driven by religion, hatred of gays, self-hatred, or all three. Was he being egged on by or directed by ISIS?

At this point I know as little as anyone else. I’m inclined to think he was a self-hating gay who was being played by online fundamentalist groups - perhaps ISIS.

My immediate concern is for my friends, acquaintances and others who are immediately impacted by this horrid tragedy. I’m literally sick.

My secondary concern is the larger impact this is going to have on our LGBT community, the Muslim community and the larger populace. If we respond with undirected hatred we are only inviting more of the same. If the West rejects Islam without reservation, it will only alienate and create more deeply troubled young men and drive them to violence.

If the FBI actually knew this guy needed help, they probably should've intervened, or at least made sure he wasn't able to obtain an assault weapon.
    Your heart is right. I feel the same. Politics are at play. The shooter commited no crime not allow him weapons (there can be an endless debate over that) end of the day he did,

I personally don't believe he was directly link from a tactical point of view. It may be the case from an ideological point of view. End of the day people are dead. 50 people, and I believe the number will rise by the morn.

Today is a new day. If an enemy announce itself in todays world.,,, then we should not ignore.

But another important thing is .. Let's not forget to love each other and support each other in this time of desperation.

Fuck him

Love you all

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    Fuck him

Love you all
    Yeah,...me too.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Yeah,...me too.
    We are all in this together. God bless us all, let love each other. It's simple

Senior Member Veteran Poster

RIP to the 50.

Thoughts and best wishes to the survivors.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Please don't think this was spur of the moment...................................

Omar's pops

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...+Daily+News%29

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ