Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Pulse Nightclub in Orlando Attack

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    It's never clear what "claiming responsibility" means: directing? egging on? applauding? Or just a desire to fuck with our general election?
    There are clear protocols for claiming responsibility. It is know and recognised by intelligence groups. There is a verification.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

ISIS is making the claim at the moment and I'm not impressed with their adherence to 'protocols'. I expect shortly the FBI or other Federal authority will confirm the claim. Confirmed or not, ISIS is happy for the chance to play with our internal politics.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Like Trish I'm waiting to hear confirmation that ISIS knew in advance let alone coordinated it. ISIS' word means nothing. It is possible that shooter was an ISIS supporter based on online propaganda without ISIS knowing of his existence until the atrocity. Such a volatile topic I'm gonna wait until at least tomorrow to say anything more. Very sad.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    ISIS is making the claim at the moment and I'm not impressed with their adherence to 'protocols'. I expect shortly the FBI or other Federal authority will confirm the claim. Confirmed or not, ISIS is happy for the chance to play with our internal politics.
    In my opinion, which means nothing in this situation. I think the shooter was a sympathiser for ISIS. ISIS then claimed responsibility. Trish, I assure you there are clear protocols for claiming responsibility.

This is the biggest mass murder in US history, I am not surprised in the slightest that ISIS have claimed responsibility. Its a shit state of afiars. Prayer are with the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Like Trish I'm waiting to hear confirmation that ISIS knew in advance let alone coordinated it. ISIS' word means nothing. It is possible that shooter was an ISIS supporter based on online propaganda without ISIS knowing of his existence until the atrocity. Such a volatile topic I'm gonna wait until at least tomorrow to say anything more. Very sad.
    There are clear channels for taking responsibility. Evidently that is what happened. Keep in mind how adventagous this could be for ISIS to claim. I have no idea if there was collusion with ISIS (in my heart I doubt it) but there are very clear ways to claim responsibility. There are protocols.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    Trish, I assure you there are clear protocols for claiming responsibility.
    I know it's your conversation but I'm just not sure what this means. Does it mean that all terrorist organizations follow some external guide and will not claim responsibility unless they meet those guidelines? What are these guidelines and why are they so sanctified that a group that murders people without qualms would not claim responsibility whenever it suited their agenda?

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sean1916 View Post
    There are clear channels for taking responsibility. Evidently that is what happened.
    You're saying it's been confirmed that they claimed responsibility I take it. Not that their claiming responsibility has a fixed meaning (ie. that they actually were involved operationally or offered guidance to the shooter).

Last edited by broncofan; 06-12-2016 at 10:41 PM.

You're saying it's been confirmed that they claimed responsibility I take it. Not that their claiming responsibility has a fixed meaning.
    It has been confirmed that they have claimed responsibility. There are fact checks before these things are reported. With SKY, CNN, confirming. I can only assume the fact checks were completed.

You're saying it's been confirmed that they claimed responsibility I take it. Not that their claiming responsibility has a fixed meaning.
    Also broncofan, its not me saying this, it the news Sky, CNN, and others. I was just talking about a protocol for taking responsibility (it exist, and has for a very long time.)

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar