Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pulse Nightclub in Orlando Attack

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner .It's a rude wake up call ,it's our turn now. My condolences....

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

A truly horrible slaughter. I'm still in shock. I do hope all of my friends here and all of your friends are safe. My heart goes out to those who have been murdered, injured or traumatized.

Omar Mateen is an U.S. born citizen. His parents were born in Afghanistan. He may have had issues with sexual orientation. He may have had connections with ISIS. No one is sure of anything at this point in time, except that he was alone and armed with an assault weapon.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel View Post
    Just heard one of the NYC girls made it our safely. She was scheduled to perform there last night.
    she's got lots of YouTube's from her escuelita showsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	941835

Gold Poster

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...do-killer.html

It appears that the shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS. I don't know what else motivated him but the murder of people at a gay nightclub is consistent with ISIS' worldview (not exclusively ISIS but we've all heard the gruesome stories of ISIS pushing gay men off of buildings). Still waiting for more information.

Sympathy goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

The article says he has no direct links to ISIS although the FBI was interested in him (I presume his online activities indicated sympathy with ISIS). Omar's father says, "the sight of two men kissing angered" his son.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    The article says he has no direct links to ISIS although the FBI was interested in him (I presume his online activities indicated sympathy with ISIS). Omar's father says, "the sight of two men kissing angered" his son.
    No harm has ever come from waiting for all information to come in, because the tragedy is the same regardless of motive. He may have had many contributing motives, including very relevant personality and psychological factors.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Sky news has said ISIS have claimed responsibility.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Just seen CBS reporting the same on twitter. ISIS is claiming Omar is one of their 'soldiers'.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Just seen CBS reporting the same on twitter. ISIS is claiming Omar is one of their 'soldiers'.
    Claiming responsibility is such a source of pride for ISIS. What a bunch of sick fucks

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

It's never clear what "claiming responsibility" means: directing? egging on? applauding? Or just a desire to fuck with our general election?

2 out of 3 members liked this post.