Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Default Re: Pulse Nightclub in Orlando Attack

Once again, attitudes and beliefs are the issue. For example:

Jim Crow and Segregation laws were repealed once attitudes and beliefs changed. There will always being killings (case in point, the knife death of the French police officer) until attitudes and beliefs are changed.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Veteran Poster

You obviously haven't been to the city of Artesia, where a lot of folks from India do business. Funny how many of them still wear their traditional dress and aren't Muslim.

If random Hindus travel and settle 10k miles away, while wearing their native garb, and attempting to live in the US, they can go fuck themselves. They should adapt to their adopted culture, wherever that may be.

And if a Catholic nun can be covered up (at her discretion), why can't Muslims?

When was the last time you saw a nun wearing a habit? Likely it was before the Catholic molestation scandal, no? Personally, I haven't seen a nun wearing a habit in many years. The nuns know its best to blend in.

It's amazing how last week we were mourning Muhammad Ali, a devout Muslim, and now we're back to bashing them again. America!

It makes little sense for black Americans to belong to a religion (Christianity) imposed upon their ancestors by slave masters. Following Islam is a big "fuck you" to Western culture, and you can't blame a member of the undereducated minority (from the poorest section of Louisville, KY) from choosing that path. Cassius Clay had the equivalent of an 8th grade education at best.

In summary, if you can't (or refuse) to adapt to Western culture, please leave. If you refuse, the end awaits.

Last edited by dc_guy_75; 06-18-2016 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Its not recording the entire message
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Once again, attitudes and beliefs are the issue. For example:

Jim Crow and Segregation laws were repealed once attitudes and beliefs changed. There will always being killings (case in point, the knife death of the French police officer) until attitudes and beliefs are changed.
    Attitudes and beliefs can indeed change but in a democratic society those changes often need to be protected, for the debate that lay behind the change and the achievemets not to end. In the US, Jim Crow continues to smear and to segregate but in different ways -per head of population in the US, more Black Americans than any other citizens are denied their freedom because they are in prison; and consider millions of Black Americans shut out of the democratic process because they are denied the right to register to vote. Then add in the attempt to roll back many of the gains in civil liberty that Americans believed they had secured as a consequence of the Civil Rights movement, and you may realise that every generation needs to maintain its faith in its achievements, or risk losing them to those who were and still are opposed to them.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Good luck with working out what's going on when NRA and their Congressional stooges have blocked research into the issue, obviously because they are afraid of what it's likely to conclude http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...nap-story.html

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 06-18-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

3 mass murders in a row, thanks to the demented Religion called Islam.

Congratulations.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by dc_guy_75; 06-18-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post

If random Hindus travel and settle 10k miles away, while wearing their native garb, and attempting to live in the US, they can go fuck themselves. They should adapt to their adopted culture, wherever that may be.

When was the last time you saw a nun wearing a habit? Likely it was before the Catholic molestation scandal, no? Personally, I haven't seen a nun wearing a habit in many years. The nuns know its best to blend in.

It makes little sense for black Americans to belong to a religion (Christianity) imposed upon their ancestors by slave masters. Following Islam is a big "fuck you" to Western culture, and you can't blame a member of the undereducated minority (from the poorest section of Louisville, KY) from choosing that path. Cassius Clay had the equivalent of an 8th grade education at best.

In summary, if you can't (or refuse) to adapt to Western culture, please leave. If you refuse, the end awaits.
    You are quoting and responding to Ben_in_La's earlier post but need to learn how to use the quote functions. Meanwhile-

I wonder how many people left the UK to live in the Empire in India but when they settled in never wore a sari or sandals; just as the Pilgrim Fathers who arrived in America did not swap their top hats and tailored coats for feathered head-dresses and animal hide.

It is brave man, or a foolish man who offers Hung Angels his judgements based on the way people dress...

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

peace and justice in Orlando. Blessing for all the affected families.

so you're cute, now what? Junior Poster

"Choice"? Or an example of brainwashing and 1984 style conformity to an intolerant ideology that condones the beating of women if they do not adhere to the doctrine...or should I call it the "culture"? Fuck culture, and fuck religious tolerance when it buries its head in the sand on the issue of backward ideologies.

Although I agree that the US obsession with guns is a part of the problem. There was a bill recently vetoed (by the GOP of course) to prevent anyone red flagged as a suspected terrorist or on the no-fly list from being able to legally buy weapons. The gun nuts would rather let a suspected potential Islamic terrorist have access to guns than let the government try and prevent guns getting into the hands of nutcases. Which one can only conclude is a case of NRA members secretly knowing they are crazy. And probably deep in the closet

Last edited by peacheater; 06-18-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: my grammy

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I wonder how many people left the UK to live in the Empire in India but when they settled in never wore a sari or sandals; just as the Pilgrim Fathers who arrived in America did not swap their top hats and tailored coats for feathered head-dresses and animal hide.
    Exactly. When they INVADED those countries, they didn't assimilate to the natives' culture; they forced their own on them.

Same when current "expacts" from western countries move elsewhere. They tend to keep many of these their own norms and such.

And the nuns at the Catholic church down the street from my house still wear the habit. Guess they're still old-school.

Also his name was MUHAMMAD ALI. He might have had an "eighth grade education at best", but he was still smarter than many of the people who attempted to bring him down.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post
    If you wander through Lancaster or York Counties in Pennsylvania (or some places in rural Ohio, Illinois and elsewhere) you will find men, women and children dressed in Amish garb. The women wear long black (or darkly colored dresses and white bonnets even in the hot summer months. The men wear long black pants and beards. You want them to fuck themselves because they don't blend in and don't care to blend in? How about the Hasidic Jews in New York? I grew up not blending and not fitting in. Okay, I might fuck myself, but I'm not leaving. You can go fuck yourself.

All of us - citizens and immigrants, religious or not - are obligated to respect one another and obey the laws of the land. We do not kick people out based on bigoted presumptions of what they might do because they don't blend in.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.