Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Shall we stay or shall we go???????

For those who live in the UK what are your thoughts on the country remaining in the EU?

Thoughts are more than welcome from anyone outside the UK on what implications the decision may have on you, or if you actually give a crap....

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Shall we stay or shall we go???????

Undecided still. It just seems sadly both sides are trying to scare people and the Remain side is doing exactly the same thing as the Union side did for the Scottish Referendum.

Got to look at more information before I decide really, but only 14 days till the vote.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Theres a bunch of immigrants around my corner. They all have this crazy idea that they'll make it in London, even though they hardly speak English. I'm paying loads of taxes, to prevent these guys from taking the boat/train over to your turf. I'm more than happy to give them free passage.

If you vote stay, that will also be the end of decades of "exceptions".

Either way you lose because both Tory and Labour have been using "Brussels" as excuse for everything wrong on their own governance since '91, now they'll have to come clear. What a tactician, this Cameron

EU is a democracy, for crying out loud! Why did you rescind on your duty to participate in the first place? Rather than forming a "euro skeptic" faction? The only septic that works is the tank buried under my terrace.

so Darling, you got to let me know,
    should you stay or should you go.

(best ever UK export product btw)

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Old Biddy Silver Poster Gillian's Avatar

I think it's wrong for elected politicians to duck difficult issues like this by holding a referendum. We're not a plebiscitary democracy and your average man in the street, and I would include myself in that description, is woefully under-qualified to make such an important decision. Surely we elect politicians so they can make informed decisions on our behalf?

Cameron called it as he was sure it would be a landslide in favour of remaining in the EU and the referendum result would become a stick with which he could clobber the Eurosceptics in his own party. Now that it's looking like a close call, I bet he wishes he'd never called it, the pillock ...

Vote remain for me, if anyone was wondering ...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

England has become the most overcrowded major country in Europe. Population growth is so rapid that four times as many people will soon be crammed in as France and twice as many as Germany. England has overtaken the Netherlands to become second only to tiny Malta as the most densely populated nation in the EU.

This means for me GO !!

PS I love Scotland because of many wonderful things, including lack of population.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by chupapau View Post
    EU is a democracy, for crying out loud!
    Really? You could have fooled me.

https://thescepticisle.com/2016/04/1...never-will-be/

I'm voting out.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    England has become the most overcrowded major country in Europe. Population growth is so rapid that four times as many people will soon be crammed in as France and twice as many as Germany. England has overtaken the Netherlands to become second only to tiny Malta as the most densely populated nation in the EU.

This means for me GO !!

PS I love Scotland because of many wonderful things, including lack of population.
    This dishonest post is lacking the quotation marks as the text I have highlighted in Bold is word for word from a report in the Daily Mail published on the 27th December 2013. The problem is that being 'overcrowded' is not the same as being 'densely populated' and England is chosen for the reason that if the UK were the subject then the UK would be ranked the 7th most densely populated country in Europe, but that would not suit the political project that the Daily Mail supports.

A more balanced assessment can be found here-
    http://theconversation.com/fact-chec...n-europe-38468

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    This dishonest post is lacking the quotation marks as the text I have highlighted in Bold is word for word from a report in the Daily Mail published on the 27th December 2013. The problem is that being 'overcrowded' is not the same as being 'densely populated' and England is chosen for the reason that if the UK were the subject then the UK would be ranked the 7th most densely populated country in Europe, but that would not suit the political project that the Daily Mail supports.

A more balanced assessment can be found here-
    http://theconversation.com/fact-chec...n-europe-38468
    The UK has to import more than half it's food needs = therefore it's overpopulated. The carrying capacity of the land has been outstripped by a factor of 2+.

No amount of 'politically correct' sophistry can get around that fact.

Vote OUT if you know what's good for you.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post

This means for me GO !!
    What makes you think the Scots will have you?
    They may have a quota on immigrants!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!